Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A few thoughts.

Bolt. Deliveries to retail customers began on May 17, 2017.

Model 3. Limited production of the Model 3 began in mid-2017, with the first production vehicle rolling off the assembly line on July 7, 2017.[12][13][14] The official launch and delivery of the first 30 cars took place on July 28.

May is before July. The fact that the Bolt is not currently being produced does not change these dates.

Mary led. It does not mean she won. Or even led wisely.

Tesla Merger.

Government has antitrust laws that is uses to take apart companies. If you put it together the government will decide how to take it apart. I struggle to see how exposure to this has any benefit.

Reactions: Skryll
I suspect that this is FUD. One of the most abused surfaces of a truck is the bed. Are we supposed to believe Tesla will use space grade hard cold rolled SS that can be hit with a sledgehammer and is bulletproof against a 9mm on the body panels and then use Aluminum or plastic for the truck bed? No way. More likely the story is about an optional accessory which would not hold up production of the CT at all....

Tesla-Cybertruck-tailgate-open.jpg

If this is in fact a Request for Quote on a bed liner, this supplier won't win the business.
If it takes 8 months for a prototype for a bed liner, they've lost the bid already. We're not talking rockets here !

1638276060562.png

Elon is 54% done selling, and Tuesdays are his normal sell days.

Also futures are bright red and Europe is getting hammered. If you are bullish right now and trading for upside you're going to get destroyed in the short term.
Snakes and ladders theory says this week it’s Wednesday / Thursday and concluding next Thursday

If this is in fact a Request for Quote on a bed liner, this supplier won't win the business.
If it takes 8 months for a prototype for a bed liner, they've lost the bid already. We're not talking rockets here !

View attachment 738957

Also, Tesla would work with the supplier of the component very close during the development to make sure it is manufacturable per their capabilities.

Max pain is $1105 this week, I assume MM's will target that since volume seems a bit lower so far this week. Elon selling or not will likely have a huge impact on their ability to drive SP down.

Do we get China Nov deliveries this week? Berlin could start production literally today. I would say there's more upside risk than down from here to the end of the week.

Cramer on Jonas:

"....the most thoughtful and provocative analyst in the industrial sector"

Lol! He's apparently bullish on Ford EV. Cramer thinks he's too conservative on Ford EV. Unbelievable.

Eh, out of all the non-Tesla American auto OEM's, Ford seems to have the best perspective and handle on EV's. The Mach-E is a descent EV and is selling good numbers, actually one of the better compared to Tesla, and the Lightning should also do very well if they can make them at volume. I would never invest in Ford but I think they'll survive the transition. A bit bruised probably, but still alive.

GM, not so much.

Stellantis, even worse still.

While Tesla is on it's way to becoming the largest company in the world by market cap valuation. Yay us! :)

As a Houston-area cyclist, that event was profoundly disturbing. Waller County hosts many charity cycling events, but everything about this, including the police non-investigation was bad, bad, bad.
I can imagine. It seems like a dangerous activity even in the best of situations but it blows my mind that some people are so full of hate that they want to harass or injure people like that.

Elon is 54% done selling, and Tuesdays are his normal sell days.

Also futures are bright red and Europe is getting hammered. If you are bullish right now and trading for upside you're going to get destroyed in the short term.
One thing I have learned in 3 years on TMC... despite all the brilliant minds here, nobody can predict short-term stock price movements with any certainty.

Edit: added phrase in italics.

Last edited: