Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is Tesla' vision of the future automobile, and then there is... this

What did I just watch? Time to put BMW to pasture.
24B9732A-5E2A-4652-9B99-48530A3FD7A4.jpeg

👆I imagine it’ll look something like this in green

Last edited:
Agree.
When I was younger and just starting to invest (in my 20's), I often made investment decisions based on a television interview with a CEO or analyst . . .or based on a short article in Forbes or Fortune. I quickly learned was a losing investment strategy; but many people don't learn this lesson. I so often hear from friends and colleagues that they will invest in company xyz based on a soundbite they heard. Many retail investors don't spend the time to really understand the company they are investing in. Many will listen to Mary and invest in GM because they are the leaders in EV.
We often forget how much TMC has sharpened our view of all things Tesla. Outside here, Bezos and Musk are evil alike.
Just ask *anyone* if they know Tesla workers get stock options... They just think Elon is evil and hates unions, thus hates workers. I think a more careful communication strategy around this could cause a lot less bad press for Tesla and a lot less headache for Elon¹, but apparently he thinks it's enough to just tweet it sometimes.

¹ I think all this "evil billionaire" discourse gets under his skin, see the recent twitter storm against Bernie, or the selloff of his California houses (he spoke about that on Rogan's podcast). Not saying I'd do better, I just wondering if clearing things would help.

Does your subconscious or the auto-correct have some inside insight? I was convinced that this is a unique feature of the Nikola truck.

Somewhat OT but if a future Apple iCar’s self driving software works as well as apple’s autocorrect software works, Tesla has literally nothing to worry about. Doubly so if you add I the quality of Apple charge connectors.

I just switched to an Apple phone and it really is amazing just how bad apple’s autocorrect software is.

There is Tesla' vision of the future automobile, and then there is... this

What did I just watch? Time to put BMW to pasture.
I can't stress how awful the infotainment system was on the 4 series I rented a few weeks ago. It wasn't just me being a Tesla diva either. My passenger was also thoroughly confused. Even trying Apple Carplay was a confusing mess. I gave up and just used my phone.

Somewhat OT but if a future Apple iCar’s self driving software works as well as apple’s autocorrect software works, Tesla has literally nothing to worry about. Doubly so if you add I the quality of Apple charge connectors.

I just switched to an Apple phone and it really is amazing just how bad apple’s autocorrect software is.
Yup. Recently it corrected a word to Horus, when I wanted to type hours. I rarely text people about Egyptian gods.

• Funny
Reactions: Krugerrand
A friend shared this EV truck concept with solar panels - all the power and features but no price provided. He knows I want CT, as if telling me to hold off.

I used to laugh at those questions as people aren't Watt or Power savvy. Got me thinking - Are solar panels on competition vehicles a response to range anxiety brought upon themselves by the attacks on Tesla in the past regarding (a) range (of) issues?

Many people have asked me "why don't they put solar on cars." First, if it's anything like my most recent quote for a solar roof, that's a pricey option I'm sure. The last "solar" car I saw recently had huge drops in efficiency over time (coat of paint degrades, then what). Not to mention how it might put out a mere 1-2kW, and on a truck that size it would take many weeks to charge (but you could play music and charge your phone for eternity).

So it's just another security blanket I think, senseless even if you lived in the wood, just get some panels, duh. I believe tow trucks will have mini chargers in the future before they even switch to EV themselves. Problem solved.

Again, the price is... guessing $125K-145K or maybe more? (I'm talking MSRP that has some sustainable margin, not the price tags we've been seeing everywhere that presents a loss per unit).

I can imagine him climbing out of his apple-shaped car wearing his clown outfit..........
Nope..... I think of him as Elmer Fudd (There is strong indication that just as we use "FUD" today back when Mr Fudd was assigned a name it was from the commonly used word back then of Befuddled. Who knows if our term, FUD, when first cast was done so with the understanding of how close it was to beFUDdle. It was not coincidence. And then for so many years later for this analyst to embody Elmer Fudd in every way, and to be so spot on even down to his physical characteristics...
I am flabbergasted, amazed. I ask but one question to make sense of this, Are we in a simulation!

From an online Dictionary--
Befuddle: to confuse, as with glib statements or arguments.
Example: politicians befuddling the public with campaign promises.

Gentlemen (and the Majority that is not included under "Gentlemen") I bring you my greatest accomplishment as an ant of all thing TSLA. This is by far one of the most "everything" posts ever offered on TMC... by any ant.
I wish even those that have me on ignore would read this in its entirety. I think even Jbacarioca will quiz his research team on the merits and details.
This, well stop and absorb it, read it, digest it fully, sip it as if a single malt, drain the glass as if beer, chew it as a dying man eats leather... The youngest and oldest amongst us will each question, how?
Take some time... Craig Irwin is a simulation of a simulation. But that isn't even the most interesting thing....

Elmer Fudd, capitalist shill: The auto industry finances Looney-Tunes propaganda, 1950s

A friend shared this EV truck concept with solar panels - all the power and features but no price provided. He knows I want CT, as if telling me to hold off.

I used to laugh at those questions as people aren't Watt or Power savvy. Got me thinking - Are solar panels on competition vehicles a response to range anxiety brought upon themselves by the attacks on Tesla in the past regarding (a) range (of) issues?

Many people have asked me "why don't they put solar on cars." First, if it's anything like my most recent quote for a solar roof, that's a pricey option I'm sure. The last "solar" car I saw recently had huge drops in efficiency over time (coat of paint degrades, then what). Not to mention how it might put out a mere 1-2kW, and on a truck that size it would take many weeks to charge (but you could play music and charge your phone for eternity).

So it's just another security blanket I think, senseless even if you lived in the wood, just get some panels, duh. I believe tow trucks will have mini chargers in the future before they even switch to EV themselves. Problem solved.

Again, the price is... guessing $125K-145K or maybe more? (I'm talking MSRP that has some sustainable margin, not the price tags we've been seeing everywhere that presents a loss per unit).

Check LikeTesla’s (I think now KimJava) latest vid on Youtube for an aftermarket solar solution for 3/Y coming in 2022. Seemed fairly slick and the estimated price also reasonable. Solar on vehicles is definitely going to start being more feasible and helpful as the panels are becoming more efficient.

Curious article in WaPo (not by Siddiqui) about semiconductor shortage potentially delaying EV targets. Tesla has managed to navigate this issue better than other automakers. However, it seems illogical to me that an EV would inherently need/use more semiconductors than a modern ICE vehicle. Does anyone know if this statement is accurate?

According to the Commerce Secretary “Probably the car you drive now has hundreds of chips. The [electric vehicle] that we want you to buy over time has two thousand chips,”

Don‘t know about all EVs, but Tesla vehicles certainly use a crap ton of semiconductors. Just one example: Tesla has no fuses. None. Those little 12V single use fuses that all other cars have in abundance just aren’t there in a Tesla. Instead they have circuit boards that monitor current on all circuits using a microcontroller. If the current curve gets too wonky, the microcontroller cuts power to that circuit. No blown fuses, and can be reset by a technician. Look at YouTube videos by Ingineerix (https://www.youtube.com/c/Ingineerix) for info.