Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you want the projected release timelines as published in 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 or the schedule they will publish next year? Because they all look about the same in terms of how many years until EV's are released - it's always in two to three years there will be an abundance of excellent electric cars. It's a mirage designed to delay the transition to EV's.
That seems to be a bit of a caricature. While I agree that things do move too slow, there are now some 5 dozen pure EV models on the market in Europe. Significantly better than a couple of years ago.

The supply is still lobsided though, skewed to the SUV and more expensive cars. (But that is how it has worked with everything. The first computers, TVs, refrigerators were at first only available to the happy few. Wright’s law and all that).

• Helpful
Reactions: Lessmog
What is the latest estimate on start of Berlin production?

I had been expecting a couple thousand units this year, but that looks unlikely. Will push the ramp out, so I’m trying to estimate / guesstimate by how long.

Fortunately Shanghai seems to be picking up the slack (and then some!). I was expecting a 1m production run rate by the end of 2021, which amazingly looks highly probably for just Fremont & Shanghai alone.

For reference I think Tesla produced a total of 1.4m cars from 2014-2020. Making 900k+ in 2021 alone is a huge jump.

Was looking for Berlin to be the icing on this incredible 2021, now hoping that it doesn’t turn into some sort of fiasco.

Reactions: navguy12
Full report here.

20211208_084113.jpg