Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With that extreme rake, a good hydrophobic coating should be good enough. I rarely use the wipers on my X. Good hydrophobic coatings clear the glass at a stop as well as low and high speeds.
Ceramic coating on the glass surfaces and quick acceleration fulfills most of the wiping needs on my S.

I would think the final wiper design would incorporate some sort of wiper well to store the wiper. Not a tesla thing to keep it so exposed. That or they go with traditional wiper design and have it extend / retract.

Vertical wiper will be removed by some people and occasionally refitted in rain etc. Could be hidden behind a cover that looks like a roof rack rail. Rails could be extended along roof on both sides and used to mount LMGs etc.

Why would you want to mount light machine guns to the edges or the roof?

What is with people and acronyms?

I don’t know if this has been discussed already, but why would they change the North American Model 3 interior to match the MIC version, while leaving the Model Y the same? Wouldn’t it make sense from an “economies of scale” viewpoint to standardize them? Or did they just forget to update the Model Y order page (doubtful)?

As occurred three times this week, on Friday TSLA again dipped beneath its 50-day SMA (simple moving average) before closing above. That’s encouraging. A bullish pennant formation continues unfurling. This was formed by lowering peaks and a flat line of valleys, that followed a sharp runup to a record high November 4. The normal resolution is a return to the uptrend.

Yep, I know a lot of people are disappointed with the current share price moves but I actually think they are quite bullish and demonstrate that there is a lot of demand for TSLA shares waiting in the wings. Every time the share price dips, buyers step in and the price firms up. This is what I mentioned a couple of weeks ago. These are buyers who are not even waiting for Elon to finish liquidating his shares. When that happens, there might be a lot more buyers willing to pay higher prices for a stock with a rising share price.

As occurred three times this week, on Friday TSLA again dipped beneath its 50-day SMA (simple moving average) before closing above. That’s encouraging. A bullish pennant formation continues unfurling. This was formed by lowering peaks and a flat line of valleys, that followed a sharp runup to a record high November 4. The normal resolution is a return to the uptrend.
at least it’s bouncing off that convincingly. that should mean something 🤞🏼

Yep, I know a lot of people are disappointed with the current share price moves but I actually think they are quite bullish and demonstrate that there is a lot of demand for TSLA shares waiting in the wings. Every time the share price dips, buyers step in and the price firms up. This is what I mentioned a couple of weeks ago. These are buyers who are not even waiting for Elon to finish liquidating his shares. When that happens, there might be a lot more buyers willing to pay higher prices for a stock with a rising share price.
I’m a long time AAPL (and new TSLA) investor. These times can be incredibly frustrating. My advice is don’t get stupid and panic sell or buy weekly options. If it’s a good company and you believe in their fundamentals, buy and hold.

Only the most skilled (and lucky) day traders can survive these chops and go in and out of positions.

And, for the love of god, don’t use margin unless it’s for the very short term while you’re waiting for a transfer to complete.*

* none of this is for the experienced trader. You know what you’re doing.

Since he starts 75% of his posts with the word *** BREAKING *** I'm not sure how you'd search for anything important in his twitter feed.
Indeed, as with many of the news outlets that precede almost any announcement with the word "breaking". While the news may be indeed fresh, back in my day in TV news the use of the word "breaking" also had to imply truly important. Nowdays, "breaking" has become ridiculusly overdone clickbait.

I am really getting excited about CT i think there will be a few more tweaks to smooth out the rough edges in the design
typical OEM concept car much worse than production... CT production will be much better than concept version
... only one more year+ to wait ... not sure i have the patience ... may need to trade in my MS for MS Plaid in the mean time :cool:

I’m a long time AAPL (and new TSLA) investor. These times can be incredibly frustrating. My advice is don’t get stupid and panic sell or buy weekly options. If it’s a good company and you believe in their fundamentals, buy and hold.

Only the most skilled (and lucky) day traders can survive these chops and go in and out of positions.

And, for the love of god, don’t use margin unless it’s for the very short term while you’re waiting for a transfer to complete.*

* none of this is for the experienced trader. You know what you’re doing.
I don't find this last few weeks frustrating at all ... this has been a gift for those who have done the HW on TSLA ... i have picked up shares under $1000 during Elons recent planned selling ... the sale is almost over and we may never see sub $1000 again come January ...I still have a limit order sitting at $750 from early October ... the probability of this being filled is under 10% i would guess ...

Last edited:
If Sawyer dropped any news I can't find it?
Indeed, as with many of the news outlets that precede almost any announcement with the word "breaking". While the news may be indeed fresh, back in my day in TV news the use of the word "breaking" also had to imply truly important. Nowdays, "breaking" has become ridiculusly overdone clickbait.
'Sawyer,' 'breaking,' 'clickbait.' I'll add one more: 'self-promotion.'

Yep, those words all associate.

I swear, it looked like this test rig had rear wheel steering. As it pulls into the garage at the 14:00 minute mark I think I can see the rear wheels straightening out as the driver spins the wheel back to the center position as he straightens out to remain square to the garage.

Hidden wipers have been done, doesn't seem that complex.
It probably plays havoc with the aerodynamics. Even if it is "hidden" to the human eye, there will be dimples and cracks which will disturb the air flow. Also, the probable reason why the resting position of the wiper is vertical on the side of the windscreen rather than horizontal across the hood is because it offers less air resistance.