Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure why that matters. @Knightshade is full of it. I was out the door today before the sun was up and there was frost on all the cars. I know it was freezing temps. I’ve experienced freezing temps multiple times over the years and I’m not even in the Sierra’s. So he can shut up on the topic once and for all and stick his disagrees in his ear.
Have we reached peak bickering? Time to buy shares?

I didn't see it posted before, awaiting mass media FUD...

UK - I got an email entitled "Model 3 Trunk Lid Harness Retrofit" and saying "Tesla has decided to proactively recall model year 2017-2020 Model 3 vehicles to inspect and retrofit the trunk lid harness".

From posting by USA owners, this seems quick/minor check and rarely a fix (also quick and simple). I'm presuming all EU owners will get this and so some FUD might be stirred up. Hopefully no effect.

If this is anything like the Model S frunk catch recall, it will be harmless, done by a ranger, and essentially a nothing-burger. In my case, the ranger checked in front of my house, put some WD-40 on the catch for good measure, and was gone in less than 5min. I've not read of cases where any adjustment actually needed to be made. Maybe one of the other members here with a Model S that was part of the recall can speak up if there was any actual work done.

UK - I got an email entitled "Model 3 Trunk Lid Harness Retrofit" and saying "Tesla has decided to proactively recall model year 2017-2020 Model 3 vehicles to inspect and retrofit the trunk lid harness".

From posting by USA owners, this seems quick/minor check and rarely a fix (also quick and simple). I'm presuming all EU owners will get this and so some FUD might be stirred up. Hopefully no effect.
Yes receive today and have a renager that comming next week very fast response from Tesla ....

Yes receive today and have a renager that comming next week very fast response from Tesla ....
Yes, to all those who replied, I'm fully aware, just a heads up that Murdoch/Koch media will be FUDing it this week - in the UK/EU rather than previously in USA. The fact it was covered before won't stop FUD from Daily Hate/Daily Diana etc - they want their clicks

I don't think it needs further discussion.

Last edited:
Reactions: FS_FRA and NooB_cat
Perspective:

1. What is happening to TSLA stock price has little to do with TSLA, it is happening to everything. Crappy companies have more pain.
2. It is not known when this will end.
3. Political uncertainty in US and internationally contribute to big picture.
4. Evidence of strangeness in the economy evident everyday (at least where I am at) in the grocery stores. The other day there was zero chicken! Heavy cream makes short appearances. Prices are up. Farm inputs way up in price. Local images could be the same as what is used showing other countries poor economies.
5. There is some hope for big picture improvement just around the corner, but I have to think that despair might be growing as well.
6. The word endemic getting a little airplay.
7. I recall that bear markets fall hard and fast, seems to be what is going on. This will take a while to digest. Time elements need to be added to everyone's projections, perhaps 6 months or more need to be added to forecasts.
8. There will be fits starts of better action that will fool many. Margin and options will be death by a thousand cuts.
9. Those earning an income as TSLA parasites will have to make decisions that might be counter to your trading and investing plan. They can remain hyper change uber bullish short term (add to the fits and starts issues), be realistic (and lose excited eyeballs), or add to the panic and maybe add to eyeballs.
10. Surviving the markets is more important than being right or making money all the time.

If the FED doesn't calm things down this week, it's recession time. This is already dragging on people's spending plans. I guess I should have listened to Elon and sold. ;) On a serious note, my short term bets are all in the toilet so there isn't much to be done at this point. Too late to try and get smart with the longer term stuff. (I hope)

More market nonsense as predicted. This morning may be the last bear raid before earnings. Here’s another pic of the cybertruck to ease the Tsla SP temporary sorrows. This pic was in the same link few posts ago. But here’s another angle for the lazy. The CT should sell well. I like this angle more. Looks a bit shorter too.

Attachments

• 9C2EE228-273F-47E9-A926-7D662BBCEB95.jpeg
    9C2EE228-273F-47E9-A926-7D662BBCEB95.jpeg
    191 KB · Views: 218

Lol, bear trap: (half-million shares of TSLA sold by 7 a.m.) :p

TSLA Pre-Market Quotes Live​

This page refreshes every 30 seconds.
Data last updated Jan 24, 2022 07:04 AM ET.

Consolidated Last Sale$919.99 -23.91 (-2.53%)
Pre-Market Volume511,832
Pre-Market High$952.35 (04:01:27 AM)
Pre-Market Low$905.06 (05:43:32 AM)

Could you redo that savings estimate with Depreciation included? (Tesla's hold their value, Audi's ???) TIA.

Cheers!
Hadn't thought of that, lets see shall we:

My 75D when new in 2018 cost £66,550 after the, then current, government grant. To buy now after 3.5 years, Circa £50,000, Depreciation £16,550, £4,728pa.

Audi A8, in 2018 started at £69,100. Current used price now for this entry level V6 TDi at 3.5 years averages about £33,000, Depreciation £36,100, £10,314pa.

Wow!

This is a much lower performance and kit spec as well. I'd expect a more comparable spec. car to be much worse, but don't know the prices.

As for currently, no idea, but the new A8's seem to be massively discounted and look to be costing much less than they did 3 or 4 years back. I suspect no one wants them any more lol!!

Last edited: