Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another thing I noticed under the Profitability paragraph in the +/- 's..........they don't mention price hikes as a +. My takeaway is that most of the price hikes still haven't flown down into earnings yet. Now that I think of it, considering they forced so many orders that were from 1 year ago to take delivery in Q4, that might have actually hurt ASP and margins especially since it seems they already realized some of the commodity and raw material price increases

If we're lucky someone will ask about this on the call, or Zach will speak to it unprompted.

Biggest surprise by far is the 60k FSD beta users.....way higher than expected.

It speaks to how good the man-machine combination is that there are not accidents being regularly reported.

Disengagements per mile and reports per mile must have gone down a lot, otherwise they would be swamped with reports.

What I'd like to see on the call:
- Elon does a prerecorded piece on the product roadmap, mostly all the great stuff that is coming
- Zach takes the lead in answering questions and talking to the analysts
What we'll actually get:
- Elon in person talking about the product roadmap along with how hard it is to do what they're doing
- Elon sticking around for Q&A and doing the bulk of the talking

In the first case we'll get to hear from various people we don't normally hear from, as Zach defers to them to answer questions in their areas of expertise. This will be interesting and illuminating. The analysts will ask mostly financial details.

In the second case, we'll hear from mostly Elon saying things he's said before and we've rehashed here ad nauseam. Some of the analyst questions will be designed to provoke Elon, and Elon will rise to the bait. I'll be listening, wishing Elon would just say "That's not what we're here to talk about today. Next question."

Going back to Elon's reference to the product roadmap, there is no clear indicator he will be on the call, only that the roadmap will be.

Will folks be disappointed if it is just Zach and friends hosting the ER?

Edit: Correction. I mis-recalled the Tweet. He did say he would be there.

Last edited:
Unbelievably. All the news about the 60K accidents, murders and maimed pedestrians is defining too.... oh wait.
Can you imagine the miles being driven on FSD and while interventions might be high, I am impressed about the lack of accidents.
It might actually be true that the best way to test self driving software is to let testers use their own vehicles so they have skin in the game. If you hire them and let them use company cars, why would they care what the car does.

Post #1000!!!!! This is a big post for me! Im going to lay it all out on the line......

There is only one machine that is more capable than Tesla and the GigaPress!!
And I just fired it up!!! (Sorry mods)

SPANK SPANK SPANK!!

GO TESLA!!

Hoping we get a date on Austin more than anything. If its today, fantastic! If its two weeks, OK. If its a while, FINE! But just let me know!!

Im also hoping we get a strong macro day tmrw and perhaps even a little AH futures boost coupled with a powerful ER.

Way to go everyone making it this far, 2022 is going to be amazing!!

Thanks Mods for all you do.
ONWARD AND UPWARD!

Going back to Elon's reference to the product roadmap, there is no clear indicator he will be on the call

I mean other than the fact he literally said he would provide the roadmap update on the call.

Honestly, I would rather have 2% up AH, and then climb 10% during regular market tomorrow, then 10% now, and crash tomorrow...

Tell me you hold ITM put spreads without telling me you hold ITM put spreads :p

I see Tesla continues to choose to produce more cars vs deploying more energy products.

Tesla answered this issue back in 2021: they have placed firm orders with Suppliers for 2x the number of battery cells they plan to need for Automotive. Tesla will buy them ALL, and any surplus will be diverted directly into Tesla Energy products.

Remember when Elon said their Powerwall production capacity is 100K units/year, but there's a huge backlog of orders? This is how Tesla used any extra 2170 cells.

Finally, beginning in April 2022, the last of the LFP chemistry patents loses effect for batteries in N. America, so I expect the floodgates to open for Megapack in H2, and Megpack v2 in 2023 (Lathrop Megafactory 40GWh/yr capacity).

Cheers!

Also gives you possible insights into how many monthly subscriptions, anybody have any FSD purchase estimates? As in how many people have purchased it outright so far? We might be able to start modeling some FSD subscription revenue into quarterly estimates.

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger