Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Couple forward-looking statements in the press release that caught my eye. Nothing surprising to anyone here, but hopefully Wall St. picks up on these things and puts them in their models.

1) Battery, Powertrain & Manufacturing
"Tesla achieved the highest operating margin across all volume OEMs. Cost (COGS) per vehicle dropped to ~$36,000 in both Q3 and Q4 2021. We believe our current projects, including large castings, structural battery pack, 4680 cells and many others, should help us continue to minimize our product cost."

2) Energy Storage
"As demand remains substantially above capacity, growth has been limited by supply. We are in the process of building a dedicated Megapack factory to address the growing demand."

3) Supply chain is still an issue, and expected to be in 2022
"Our own factories have been running below capacity for several quarters as supply chain became the main limiting factor, which is likely to continue through 2022."

Look forward to the call and getting more clarification on a lot of things like 4680 ramp, GF Berlin and Austin opening, etc.

1643234374032.png

Tesla is tacitly admitting autonomy is materially delayed. Current portion of deferred revenue is slashed, but long-term portion is up by a lot.

I really hope Elon is not going to spend ten minutes telling us how hard it is to build cars and storage when there aren’t enough chips and batteries. We know. The world knows. Please use the opportunity not to look backwards but to look into the future, to tell us about all the beautiful things Tesla’s factories will churn out in 2022 and 2023.
Are you new here?

Another thing I noticed under the Profitability paragraph in the +/- 's..........they don't mention price hikes as a +. My takeaway is that most of the price hikes still haven't flown down into earnings yet. Now that I think of it, considering they forced so many orders that were from 1 year ago to take delivery in Q4, that might have actually hurt ASP and margins especially since it seems they already realized some of the commodity and raw material price increases

LoL you know that's not his style. He goes on tangents and creates confusion. Zach pretty much clarifies what Elon is trying to say every time since he became CFO. Communication wise I like Zach WAY more. But Elon sometimes spill them beans you don't get with Zach.
I wish Elon does his roadmap, and then disappears, leave CC/Q&A to Zach, Drew and all
Q3 was beautiful and gave us new insight in the strength of Tesla bench. And those guys communicated beautifully.
But I feel my hopes are in vain...