Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is all Elon had to say on the conf call for $TSLA not to tank 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

1643388841954.png

FSD - Elon Wouldn't Shut Up About It
There was something different about this. This was not just Elon over-promising as in the past; we heard Elon frustrated that analysts did not understand the breakthrough and value arriving. Elon has more information on FSD than we; he sees what we can't. My gut tells me that some autonomy skeptics will start to believe in autonomy this year.

I'm feeling better today - the stock will recover and move higher . . . be patient.

I was totally feeling the exact same thing on Elon's FSD portion of the call. I kept thinking to myself, "What is he not saying that he is dying to say?" I wish the call was on video...would have loved to see his body language (and the others in the room).

I was totally feeling the exact same thing on Elon's FSD portion of the call. I kept thinking to myself, "What is he not saying that he is dying to say?" I wish the call was on video...would have loved to see his body language (and the others in the room).
I was hoping some kind of announcement that the single stack for city, highway, and summon would be rolling out after the call.

Will NN solve the bipedal balance problem that Boston Dynamics can not? I buy that job specific Optimus task training would be somewhat trivial compared to FSD, but is balance as trivial and if so what has stopped BD (the dancing robots is a “best of” and not 100% repeatable)?
I am not sure why you think BD does not have balance solved. Balance is not the hard part at all. It is having some sort of context with navigation and doing jobs. I do think Tesla will be able to make a robot do jobs in a factory within five years. They will have a lot of challenges making a robot load a dishwasher though.

I am not sure why you think BD does not have balance solved. Balance is not the hard part at all. It is having some sort of context with navigation and doing jobs. I do think Tesla will be able to make a robot do jobs in a factory within five years. They will have a lot of challenges making a robot load a dishwasher though.
I think that Tesla will have robots based on their FSD chip doing useful work in the factory THIS YEAR. May not be much but they will be making a legitimate contribution. It may not be a balance bot but he did mention wheeled robots.

The reactions post Q4 earnings seem to me to show the difference between long term and short term focus. Short term focused people are frustrated and emotional and even talking about Elon Musk on calls being a liability. Long term focused people are curious and excited about the future for Tesla and very happy and impressed with the very stable development of what a couple of years ago seemed almost impossible.

I have made many mistakes over the almost 40 years I have invested in stocks. I would say most of them are related to being short term focused. Not only does it lead to substantially worse financial outcome, it also means a lot of stress and anxiety. I bought the bulk of my Tesla shares many years ago and whether they are currently at 800 or 1200 makes no material difference. In both cases if I were to sell I would have made a fantastic profit and I don't need to sell so I will be patient and a happy (very small) owner of a great business.

I don't want to come out as patronising and giving advice nobody asked for but if you want to learn from my mistakes and not do them yourselves, switch to a long term perspective and have more fun and better outcome.

Will NN solve the bipedal balance problem that Boston Dynamics can not? I buy that job specific Optimus task training would be somewhat trivial compared to FSD, but is balance as trivial and if so what has stopped BD (the dancing robots is a “best of” and not 100% repeatable)?
The dancing robots is also line code driven

Their only non-fixed product you can buy, Spot, is four legged. If they could do bipedal human form wouldn’t they?

People celebrated when they caught the knife below $1,000 and $900 too. You never know. Always have dry powder ready. You will get another chance.

Based on going through a few of these big-time drawdowns over the last 3.5 years now, my spidey sense for a true bottom starts tingling when people stop celebrating "great deals" and there's real genuine fear or disbelief reverberating through this thread. Basically, when it's gone lower than you ever thought possible and seems like it won't ever recover, there's your bottom.

The sentiment has become less intense as this crowd has gotten deeper and deeper into the money and we're much more battle-hardened, as a group, than we were even just a few years ago, but I think it still holds true to an extent.