Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The higher cost of capital may further retard the emerging competition.
allowing tesla to be even more dominant.

That assumes without the higher cost of capital there would be competition sufficient to cause Tesla to lower prices to maintain production volume growth. That day is further off than I can forecast without a higher cost of capital.

What I'm seeing is that Tesla is on a trajectory of increasing volumes/lowering costs to produce that no one will be able to come close to matching. To sell a car in significant volumes requires that it offers value compared to other similar cars.

Last edited:
Pretty hard to believe we are trading flat with QQQ. With our beta and an expected bounce after yesterday, I would think we would be trading at 2-3x QQQ.

HFs or margin calls?

Conjecture alert: Investor sentiment could still be sour after that colossal flop of an earnings call. (It very well could be a headwind for awhile.)

This feels like another yank-the-football kind of day.

MMs seem to be defending Options at the $850 strike (see the Open Interest chart posted up thread for the obvious points of contention).

Keep in mind that the "Uptick Rule" is only in effect until 4:00 p.m. ET today. During the After-hrs, shortzes will be unimpeded again. Look for a sharp sudden drop right away as hedgies try to install fear again to ruin your rest this weekend.

So (not advice), keep in mind the imminent lifting of the Uptick Rule today at 4:00 pm if you do plan on trading today.

Cheers!

Last edited:
The current apple of my eye would be a revised Model Y Performance from Austin (white paint over white interior if anyone is dying to gift me one :p). With Austin going into full swing soon, being patient seems to become more challenging by the day! :) Thanks for reading my musings.
That's exactly what we have on order to replace my wife's Model 3, with the tow hitch option for our bikes and kayak trailer (and FSD). Delivery is scheduled for Sunday, so it is a Fremont build. They would not let me push off delivery, since I had placed the order in August. Carmax gave me $48,000 for her 2 year old Model 3! Thank you for your comments! Welcome!

Their only non-fixed product you can buy, Spot, is four legged. If they could do bipedal human form wouldn’t they?
All bipedal are really hampered by the big compute/batterypack on their backs. Tesla bot gets round this with small FSD compute that can be accommodated in thoracic cavity. They should borrow from eBIKE technology and put structural batteries as the skeletal frame. With big hips comes great endurance !

Will NN solve the bipedal balance problem that Boston Dynamics can not? I buy that job specific Optimus task training would be somewhat trivial compared to FSD, but is balance as trivial and if so what has stopped BD (the dancing robots is a “best of” and not 100% repeatable)?
Balance problem? How many here could do this?

I love hearing from him, but he spooks the 'tutes.

Lol, tooths. :p

you-want-the-tooth-you-cant-handle-the-tooth.jpg

Thought id share this, got this from a bloomberg reporter:
View attachment 761338
View attachment 761339
She checks out...what do yall think?
I would tell her it's quite a coincidence she contacted you because you just happen to be writing a story focusing on reporters given assignments designed to make TSLA look like a risky investment and creating the impression that bad things happen to those who dare mess with such a stock.

I'm in agreement with one of our esteemed ex-posters here...Elon is a liability on conference calls. I love hearing from him, but he spooks the 'tutes.

Sigh, disappointed at Karenrei with that statement. Yes Elon is a liability to short term stock movements because he is a risk taker.

However if we take a step back, Elon pretty much guided that Asp wouldn't drop from here but only increase. That's like in no body's model. So yes he has up the stake on the risk/reward prospect of Tesla and is frustrating for people sick of the volatility of Tesla especially in a high volatility macro environment.

The Model 3 topped the “Premium Battery Electric Vehicle” list with a score of 777 out of 1,000; the Model Y was close behind with 740 points, and the Model S scored a very respectable 756

MMs seem to be defending Options at the $850 strike (see the Open Interest chart posted up thread for the obvious points of contention).

Keep in mind that the "Uptick Rule" is only in effect until 4:00 p.m. ET today. During the After-hrs, shortzes will be unimpeded again. Look for a sharp sudden drop right away as hedgies try to install fear again to ruin your rest this weekend.

So (not advice), keep the lifting of the Uptick Rule today at 4:00 pm if you do plan on trading today.

Cheers!

My confusion is that you often tell us BOTH:

The uptick rule when it kicks in is impeding "them" at least during trading hours, to the point "they" often actively work to avoid hitting it.

AND

The uptick rule is meaningless due to the MM exemption to it and the ability to use short puts.

You mentioned both of those things just in the last few hours.

How can both be true?

I would tell her it's quite a coincidence she contacted you because you just happen to be writing a story focusing on reporters given assignments designed to make TSLA look like a risky investment and creating the impression that bad things happen to those who dare mess with such a stock.

Nominated for "Moderators' Choice: Posts of Particular Mirth". :D

Thank-you.