Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Personally, I'll take it. Wedgies are working hard to pin TSLA to the curve that is going down (10-day moving average). If instead we can ride the 200-day moving average while its going up, that is bullish for Tesla moving forward. Once hostilities cease, renewables go to the moon, and TSLA rides that too.

Cheers!
Yup and the relative strength is pretty obvious here. When things eventually normalize, Tesla will lead the rally.

Gonna be insanely frustrating if TSLA get's capped at the 200 day average (840) given how much it was outperforming the macro's verses now after the macro's have made this big more higher.

Edit.....which is exactly what is happening 🥴

Yes, but shorting / selling at resistance levels is to be expected.

My heat pump gives up the boat below 35 degrees, even in aux heat. Cannot compare to natural gas at parents house.
You need to look at the japanese models. Parents house ~3k sq ft in massachusetts which sees 0F on some days is kept warm @ 69F with a single multi zone hyper heat model heat pump (no aux heat). Though the house was a new build and a lot of attention was paid to air sealing and insulation.

So the technology is there for heat pump to function well even at below freezing temperature. Lots of american heat pump manufacturer partnered with japanese supplier and introduced some of that to the US market.

Great news. Dictators don't understand that Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely

The White House: FACT SHEET: United States Bans Imports of Russian Oil, Liquefied Natural Gas, and Coal.

Personally, I'll take it. Wedgies are working hard to pin TSLA to the curve that is going down (10-day moving average). If instead we can ride the 200-day moving average while its going up, that is bullish for Tesla going forward. Once hostilities cease, renewables go to the moon, and TSLA rides that too.

Cheers!
Apologies for the ignorant question here but: what exactly is a Wedgie? I have slowly learned what a Hedgie is, what an MM is (as opposed to the MM dip, totally different) and even what a Shortz is around here, but this term still mystifies me!

Macros all gone strongly green at 13:05 ET, with TSLA leading the charge:

S&P 500 Index Components by Market Cap.2022-03-08.13-05.png

S&P 500 Companies - S&P 500 Index Components by Market Cap

Last edited:
Either that's the worst heat pump ever made, or it's under sized, or there is something wrong with it, maybe a low charge. I'd get it looked at or replaced with a good one.
It's actually very common and mine is the same way. On aux heat when temperature outside is below 45 degrees. And this is a pretty new unit. I have yet to have a heat pump that works at low temps except the ones in a tesla.

I think what Biden said more precisely was:
US bans purchase of Russian oil.

I find this a significant symbolic step, if not a hugely practical one, given it is reported that the US itself doesn't buy much Russian oil. As Biden pointed out, the bigger question (still being hotly lobbied) is how many European nations will be able to follow - they DO buy a lot of the stuff, as well as Russian gas, already much discussed. It shows the US leading and offers Europe to coalesce around us.
Europe doesn't have domestic fracking operations blasting methane out of every crack in their crust. Lets not pretend we're leading in anything, we certainly are not.

EV adoption and mpg? Dead last.
Renewables? Mediocre and far behind China/EU.

Europe needs 10 years of gas from Russia, that's it. Germany is already committed to 100% renewable energy within 12.5 years and that will likely include 90% EV sales by 2026/27.

The US is making a token commitment to not buy crude from Russia. Doesn't mean we can't buy products or trade LNG in what are very fluid global markets. I like it though. Send a good message.

Great news. Dictators don't understand that Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely

The White House: FACT SHEET: United States Bans Imports of Russian Oil, Liquefied Natural Gas, and Coal.
And likely paywalled, but TL;DR:

E.U. presents plan to cut Russian gas imports by two-thirds this year, stops short of boycott​

Even a 2/3 drop has got to be significant. As well as Europe and Germany in particular have done on renewables progress, an announcement like this has got to be a sign of high "pants-on-fire" gear now. Ludicrous speed on the renewable front (and building LNG terminals it sounds like). Article also mentions Europe's commitment to energy efficiency of buildings, often the quickest and most bang-for-the-euro change that can be made.
That said, "presents a plan" doesn't mean "commits to a plan", granted.
All still bullish for Tesla (energy and cars).

This could be why the market turned...

Ukraine says no longer insisting on NATO membership​

This could be why the market turned...

Ukraine says no longer insisting on NATO membership​

That, Xi changing tune slightly, and Ukraine being open to some concessions on the separatist regions are giving a hope of a compromise. I don't think the hope is all that great, but it exists.