Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This news made me think for the very first time:
Rather than Tesla being the one to bring to the courts the Interstate Commerce Clause regarding unfair dealership practices, we might see the traditional automakers themselves being the ones forced to carry water for Tesla!

What a fascinating modern world we’re living in.
Exactly!!!
Possible scenario: Ford and GM band together to bring a case through the courts to renegotiate their position vis-a-vis dealerships. This would take years given the speed of our courts and the financial power of the dealerships (some of them own pro sports teams!). During that time, Ford and GM are paying Tesla significant cash for the now-enforced 2016 mileage requirements while at the same time losing market volume to Tesla as they fail to increase EV output significantly. While they continue to pump millions of dollars into advertising for their lackluster EV offerings to try to retain some mindshare in the market.
And during those court fight years, if anyone here thinks Tesla will be sitting on their laurels, well, talk to GoJo I guess ;)

Massive scaling? 🤔

Edit. Looks like this went under everyone's radar as it happened this past year? Still interesting. I'd be interested for rental property purposes.

Last edited:
Perhaps Elon(with Board support) has decided it's best to police Wall Street themselves? Clearly the SEC isn't going to lift a finger while MM's naked short TSLA to wherever they like over whatever timeframe they deem "legal".

I'm liking this idea of simply being ready to split whenever the Board votes to do so. Ready to vote my shares in the affirmative.

Massive scaling? 🤔
I would buy this in a heartbeat.

I would love to have a grid isolated solar setup for blackouts and charging my Tesla.

Wow. The morning routine of checking the stock price with my morning coffee is much different in Oahu (vacationing)😉 Cheers to the longs!
Ditto on Maui!

Attachments

• 20220328_094308.jpg
    20220328_094308.jpg
    490.8 KB · Views: 77
Does the increase in quantity of shares held out of circulation benefit Tesla? Does that reserve make future executive and employee share awards more manageable? If so, the larger the share count increase the better, just in numerical quantity, as price valuation is not immediately affected.
Am I right?
It would make more sense to have a 20 to 1 split at this time, following Google and Apple, gaining an early multiplier value while almost half the stock remains out of circulation. Yes?
No.
Exact number of issued shares was, is and will stay irrelevant.
What matters is the split itself.
What matters is that those pulled-out-of-the-backside shares need to be bought on the free market.
A kind of a shorting reset that reveals truer share price.
Two for one accomplishes this as well as 20 for one does.

There is also a smallish can't-buy-partial-share problem that gets somewhat relieved by lowering the share price.
Just halving may not help much, 4 for 1 is better.
20 for 1 is not that much better anymore, better to do 5 for 1 twice in a year.

Patience ;)

If there is a fine it would be a penalty clause in the statute describing the violation.

This would be the statute we are still hoping someone might provide a reference for in order to reveal details like this.

Sec. 2301.801. CIVIL PENALTY. (a) If, after a proceeding
under this chapter and board rules, the board determines that a
person is violating or has violated this chapter, a rule adopted or
order issued under this chapter, or Section 503.038(a),
Transportation Code, the board may impose a civil penalty. The
amount of the penalty may not exceed $10,000 for each violation.
Each act of violation and each day a violation continues is a
separate violation.

Perhaps Elon(with Board support) has decided it's best to police Wall Street themselves? Clearly the SEC isn't going to lift a finger while MM's naked short TSLA to wherever they like over whatever timeframe they deem "legal".

I'm liking this idea of simply being ready to split whenever the Board votes to do so. Ready to vote my shares in the affirmative.
Yep. Do a minimal 2:1 as often as necessary. Like scraping barnacles off the hull.

Why someone in his right mind would short a company which has already done a stock split, leading the EV industry and growing over 70% Yearly? Is there treatment for that kind of folly.

There will be 3-4 or more stock splits to come like AAPL and MSFT did over the course of 10 years. Shorting this stock will lead to the same result again and again.
Unpopular opinion: Shorting $TSLA is a good way to make a quick buck.

I don't hold this sentiment, I'm a long term $TSLA investor, but shorting a stock that is very volatile can have very good rewards in the short term.

Shorting $TSLA long term is just asinine to me, but obviously not everyone thinks so. There are a lot of haters out there.

Reactions: Ipe and LodiEVFan
Massive scaling? 🤔

Edit. Looks like this went under everyone's radar as it happened this past year? Still interesting. I'd be interested for rental property purposes.

Really hard to tell the date from the marketing page, but if CNET is to be believed, it was 2017! Tesla tows tiny house around Australia with Model X

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
I don't hold this sentiment, I'm a long term $TSLA investor, but shorting a stock that is very volatile can have very good rewards in the short term.

that assumes someone can accurately time the market which I don't think is a good assumption. TSLA can drop 50 points and the shorter looks like a genius, then rise 60 points an hour later and wipe it all out, and then some.

I could stick a few in the back yard and rent them out!
If I understand it correctly, the tiny house was just a information booth, showing a (tiny) house equipped with solar, a powerwall and amenities like a TV, as a model of a house to demonstrate how solar and battery are integrated/the house is run and operated. So, people would have a good idea what it would mean for their own home.

Shorting $TSLA long term is just asinine to me, but obviously not everyone thinks so. There are a lot of haters out there.
Volatile by definition means that it swings large amounts in both directions. So shorts or longs (with options or common stock) can make or lose a lot of money, depending on timing.

If shorting were no longer viable at all, it would not hurt Tesla the company, or Tesla investors one bit. Enriching market makers and hedge funds is not part of Tesla's purpose. Tesla's purpose is "The Mission". They also have an obligation to their shareholders. Shorts are not shareholders.

I am just fine with the Sword of Damocles capping returns for shorts. This is why I love the idea of smaller splits. Heck... 3:2 splits would be cool with me.

It would probably eliminate some volatility from the market.