Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last edited:
He's been a worthless has-been most of his adult life. Living off the fading halo from achievements of long ago. Sorry, he rubs me the wrong way. :)
Not me. His Apple ][ engineering changed my life. It was genius and transformed the dreams of many young hackers into reality. I still own one.

He's been a worthless has-been most of his adult life. Living off the fading halo from achievements of long ago. Sorry, he rubs me the wrong way. :)
Ad hominem argument. I would think everybody, Musk included, are frustrated with how much longer it has taken to develop FSD than initially predicted / promised. But what I see with Wozniak is a typical engineer, not an entrepreneur. An entrepreneur like Musk (or Jobs) is visionary and promises a vision of the future that clients, employees and other stakeholders believe in. Successful entrepreneurs are always balancing between being overly optimistic and outright lying. Sometimes Musk has arguably been on the wrong side of that balance, but where would the companies he has lead be if he had more of a Wozniak attitude? Would he ever had plunged his money into SpaceX? Or started Boring Company.

I struggle with selling TSLA still because it still has so much potential upside over the next years/decades. I know that selling anything today will result in me kicking myself for the cost of selling at the mere pricing in 2022....I think others likely have a healthier mental balance of save vs spend. Maybe because I want to add even more shares to my portfolio- it has gotten more of a purpose since my TSLA portfolio went from play money to real money now to, in the future, retire earlier and comfortably money...
Don’t get me wrong lol….I too struggle with buying things other than TSLA stock. I’m 31, have no debt, work 2 FT jobs and work OT, I live with 3 other people so I only pay 200$ on rent per month and shop as frugally as I can manage. When I say treat myself, I mean purchasing a book that I love from Amazon rather than going to the library for free (COVID…not going to another library 😷).
Im learning a balance too. Little by little.

It is not about selling TSLA or not selling TSLA. It is about how much TSLA you sell and for what exactly?

Do you sell a third now to buy your first house and go off debt and rent completely?
Hell yeah!

You sell all now to buy a taycan?
Hell no!

Wow! If someone has to sell it all just to buy a Taycan, either they are a real newbie here or they were far too conservative and didn't understand Elon Musk and Tesla when it was a no-brainer less than three years ago at $36/share.

For the record, a few days ago I told my brother TSLA was still a no-brainer at $1000.

Last edited:
I do the same thing, mentally. I buy something nice knowing how much I have invested in TSLA. It just gives me peace of mind knowing I can afford it, even though I’m not selling anything (and not sure of when I ever will in the future).
Ditto! When Tesla reached over $1200 we ordered a model y performance (a complete whim) and it is now ready to be delivered in a couple weeks.

It's just the two of us and now we soon will have two Teslas and we only need one vehicle since we're both retired.

I love my 2018 M3 so much that I'm just going to keep it and let my friends and family borrow it whenever they want just as an extra car, and some turo.

Yes, I am a "fanboy
Edit.. never sold a share and never will these shares go to my children

Last edited:
Car sales numbers from March in Norway is in. 82.9% of those were BEV. Compared to 52.8% in March 2021.

And some of you might have heard about the best selling brand already:

Brands.png

Øyvind Solberg Thorsen from OFV says that all cusomers want electric now - and four wheel drive. And those who can deliver cars like that despite wars and chip shortages are winners in the statistics this year. OFV are quoting Volvo boss Rita Kristin Broch saying that chip shortages and other supplier shortages is behind this but like last year we plan to deliver many more cars in the second half of the year.

And here is the ist of the most selling car models in March 2022 in Norway:

Models.png

The end of quarter delivery wave is still in play of course. Will be interesting to see if Giga Berlin will change this.

Teslastats.png

Source: Elbilandelen når nye høyder tross leveringsutfordringer
Source: Tesla Registration Stats

Car sales numbers from March in Norway is in. 82.9% of those were BEV. Compared to 52.8% in March 2021.

And some of you might have heard about the best selling brand already:

View attachment 788724

Øyvind Solberg Thorsen from OFV says that all cusomers want electric now - and four wheel drive. And those who can deliver cars like that despite wars and chip shortages are winners in the statistics this year. OFV are quoting Volvo boss Rita Kristin Broch saying that chip shortages and other supplier shortages is behind this but like last year we plan to deliver many more cars in the second half of the year.

And here is the ist of the most selling car models in March 2022 in Norway:

View attachment 788725

The end of quarter delivery wave is still in play of course. Will be interesting to see if Giga Berlin will change this.

View attachment 788728

Source: Elbilandelen når nye høyder tross leveringsutfordringer
Source: Tesla Registration Stats
I'm confused, Gordon Johnson said on CNBC that Tesla is losing market share in Norway, "if you look at the facts, Tesla sales are collapsing in Europe, ID4 is taking over in Norway".

Who should I believe ? This Øyvind Solberg Thorsen guy or the famous analyst on TV from GLJ research ?
When did Øyvind Solberg Thorsen give an interview on CNBC ? If he did not, then must be less trustworthy source for financial information...

/s

EV's dominate French Q1 sales

The top-selling electric car in France in March was Tesla's mass-market Model 3, followed by the Dacia Spring from Renault and the Peugeot 208 from Stellantis.

Last night my wife and I are watching NBC and in between the many drug commercials they played a Hyundai Ioniq commercial

Wife: "Looks like its time to sell the Tesla Stock"

Me: [triggered]

Me: "No way! They have to pay for advertising! Tesla doesn't even have to pay for commercials, that's an advantage!"

Wife: "OMG, you're totally brainwashed"

Me: "What? That's a reason Tesla is able to make more money"

Wife: "Yeah right." [mocking me] 'Tesla is gonna be 100% of the market, blah blah"

Me: "Lol I didn't say that. But I think they will be able to maintain their share of the EV market"

Wife: "I've talked to people at work. They say they are going to wait for EVs from the brands they like"

Me: "Some might, but there won't even be that many EVs available from other companies"

Wife: "You sound like nut. I can't believe we have all our money tied up in this stock"

And then...

Wife: "You know, what don't you just go

S
E
C

!"

o_Oo_Oo_O