Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
wow, if they could keep that going 24/7, it is over 4K a week. That is pretty impressive. Even one or two thousand a week in the near future is impressive.
Production ramps typically happen in spurts and starts. One car every 150 seconds is probably peak speed so far over a several hour period.

SAE Levels are worthless.

Its "Level 3"... on highways in Germany below 37 MPH.

How much time do you spend on the highway below 37 MPH with no expectation of speeding up? Personally... maybe 120 minutes per year. Maybe.
Only for "high traffic" situations. without lane-switch.

Worse than autopilot except in 2 things: you can legally text while drive (or sleep, or ...) & mercedes is liable in a case of an accident, not you.

FSD may have 100% revenue recognition by 2023 if navigate on city streets is let out of beta

Small quibble with this. Standard Autopilot is still called "beta". FSD does not need to be out of beta, it only needs to be "feature complete". I expect the call to recognise FSD deferred revenue will be made when it is in wide release (even if it's still called "beta"). This will likely be staged geographic rollout, with Germany requiring the most validation testing.

• Helpful
Reactions: Gigapress
One more thing to think about re: Q1 P&D numbers... often in the past there has been a "motivational email" from Elon that leaks out to the public. There hasn't been one yet, to my knowledge. Potential reasons:

* Elon forgot this time, too busy or whatever
* Elon decided to let the chips fall where they may (see what I did there?)
* Production has been outdistancing the Wall Street estimates, so no need to get the factories to change what they're doing
* Production has been so amazing that even Elon is impressed and decided he didn't need to do it
* Elon's trying to reduce the "wave" issue

Model Y already today sells for crazy high $70-80k prices in Europe (except Germany). Europe has massive unsatisfied demand. Berlin will feed this monstrous appetite.
The LR model Y with FSD and extras I purchased this month was £66k, which is US$86k. This is Shanghai manufactured so I wouldn't be surprised if Tesla made a 50%+ margin from me.

But I have made a lot more from Tesla than they have from me, so I'll let it slide.

I read on Twitter someone suggesting to do the math on a 20:1 split for your portfolio. I thought it was obvious, but tried it anyways. Unless you read the matrix, it's interesting to calculate what a $1 rise of TSLA stock will mean for your portfolio...do the math. I found it quite interesting and not obvious. Of course, we don't know when or how much any future split would be, but it's a fun thought experiment...

Lol, macros got "punk'd" in the final hour, dragging TSLA with it. Is that what you call "End of Quarter Window Breaking"? :p

Here's the QQQ chart:

QQQ.2022-03-31.16-00.png

And here's TSLA:

TSLA.2022-03-31.16-00.Lo.png

Closed at the intraday low. Lol! Knee-capping! :p

Keep in mind that of all U.S. Big Tech, TSLA faired the best during this selloff:

S&P 500 Index Components by Market Cap.2022-03-31.16-00.png

Now, let's see that Q1 P&D... :D

Cheers to the Longs!

I read on Twitter someone suggesting to do the math on a 20:1 split for your portfolio. I thought it was obvious, but tried it anyways. Unless you read the matrix, it's interesting to calculate what a $1 rise of TSLA stock will mean for your portfolio...do the math. I found it quite interesting and not obvious. Of course, we don't know when or how much any future split would be, but it's a fun thought experiment...
This is precisely why I believe there is benefit to a split. Not in the moment, but, once the SP begins a climb the gains are multiplied by the number of shares gained in the dividend split.

It confuses me how people make these arguments that "it makes no difference."

It would only make no difference if the currency were also split simultaneously. (Let's not give those in power any ideas. ha ha)

Perhaps Joe's oil reserve speech can boost the markets..... Looks like its about to begin.
Haven't watched yet, but Wall Street isn't likely to respond positively to these tactics in the short term since they're aimed squarely at Wall Street traders.

These guys want oil higher, pushing against their ordained plan usually causes fits and convulsions from the trading world.

Lol.... GameStop (GME) announces a stock split. Shaplres up 12% after hours.

Now I guess we getto see just how big those naked short positions are.

Probably a good candidate for put buying when all this shakes out?

About bloddy time! Their Managment team is slower than retard6969*...

GameStop Corp. / Stock Price​
166.58 +0.24 (0.14%)​
After hours: 193.37 +26.79 (16.08%) GME(NYSE)​
Mar 31, 4:58 p.m. EDT​

*briefly the 4th Richest person in the World, circa Jan 29, 2021 :p

More here:

GameStop Shares Surge on Plans for Stock Split - Bloomberg.com
GameStop Corp. shares surged as much as 22% in extended trading after it announced plans to ask shareholders for approval of a stock split in the form of a dividend.
At its upcoming annual meeting, the gaming retailer will request that shareholders approve a proposal to increase the number of Class A shares to 1 billion from 300 million, according to a filing Thursday with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.

Sounds familiar, where have I heard this before? ...slow, but learning. ;)

Cheers!

Last edited:
My guess is that Austin Texas is going to pwn Berlin in the ramp. If they both started a year from today, I would expect 90K per quarter out of Berlin a year from today and 130 per quarter out of Austin. @Gigapress in terms of your 2023 predictions. I think that your delivery numbers are very high, don't forget its going to take 3 quarters to get to anywhere near 100K per quarter per new factory..

I think full year 2023 cumulative deliveries out of Berlin and Austin around 1 Million.
I think you are correct if 4680 production isnt an issue.

Reactions: Big Time
About bloddy time! Their Managment team is slower than retard6969*...

GameStop Corp. / Stock Price​
166.58 +0.24 (0.14%)​
After hours: 193.37 +26.79 (16.08%) GME(NYSE)​
Mar 31, 4:58 p.m. EDT​

*briefly the 4th Richest person in the World, circa Jan 29, 2021 :p

More here:

GameStop Shares Surge on Plans for Stock Split - Bloomberg.com

Cheers!
Shorts being caught off guard by the TSLA split announcement seemed to drag the meme stocks up with TSLA the next day. I wonder if we'll see some GME margin calls tonight that leech into TSLA shorts tomorrow. Would be nice!

Seems like everyone was dead set on doom and gloom after March 16th. Now the short side has been caught leaning. Earnings(all tech, not just TSLA) are going to crush these poor bastards IMO.

Hard to fathom what they were thinking.