Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if we'll see some GME margin calls tonight that leech into TSLA shorts tomorrow.

Margin calls are made based on the Closing SP, not on After-hrs trading (which in fact can be affected by those same margin calls).

I'm interested in this as another test of the naked-short forced buying thesis (as happens whenever the number of shares in circulation is "trued-up" ie: by a Stock Dividend, which is not fungible to any asset held by shorts - they can only buy).

According to their SEC filing today, GME can only split 3:1 max. Should still be useful to force abusive shorts to cover their nakedness.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Margin calls are made based on the Closing SP, not the After-hrs trading (which in fact can be affected by those same margin calls).

TSLA of course won't trade tomorrow (Saturday). ;)

I'm interested in this as another test of the naked-short forced buying thesis (as happens whenever the number of shares in circulation is "trued-up" ie: by a Stock Dividend, which is not fungible to any asset held by shorts - they can only buy).

Cheers!

Tomorrow is Saturday?

Just read this on another message board, have yet to verify
Tesla Giga Berlin Produces 1 Model Y Every 150 Seconds! This translates into 1000 vehicles a week at Giga Berlin.
Original source: https://twitter.com/tobilindh

In his video there are a few Model Y leaving the factory with a 2min 30s delay. He says not sure if that is enough for calculating runrate (thin data at least, but best we have). Extrapolating would mean 24 per hour times 8 hrs (one shift right now) times 5 days = 960 cars/week.

This article discusses the matter also: Neues Model Y in 150 Sekunden: Video spricht für hohe Produktion in deutscher Tesla-Fabrik

It's well-known that Tesla has prioritized delivery of Plaid variants. The more interesting question is did this new Model X included FSD?
I did my part and took delivery of a 2022 Model X Plaid with FSD last Monday.
My original order was for a Long Range but this vehicle became available and I took it.
I felt I could afford it since the increase in TSLA price in the last week almost covered the cost of a new X.
This is actually misleading since I am just holding shares and not really selling.
But still feels good.

One more thing to think about re: Q1 P&D numbers... often in the past there has been a "motivational email" from Elon that leaks out to the public. There hasn't been one yet, to my knowledge. Potential reasons:

* Elon forgot this time, too busy or whatever
* Elon decided to let the chips fall where they may (see what I did there?)
* Production has been outdistancing the Wall Street estimates, so no need to get the factories to change what they're doing
* Production has been so amazing that even Elon is impressed and decided he didn't need to do it
* Elon's trying to reduce the "wave" issue
back in Nov 2021 Elon said no more EOQ push smooth sailing all quarter long

What has happened historically is that we sprint like crazy at end of quarter to maximize deliveries, but then deliveries drop massively in the first few weeks of the next quarter,” said Musk. “In effect, looked at over a six month period, we won’t have delivered any extra cars but we will have spent a lot of money and burned ourselves out to accelerate deliveries in the last two weeks of each quarter.”

I did my part and took delivery of a 2022 Model X Plaid with FSD last Monday.
My original order was for a Long Range but this vehicle became available and I took it.
I felt I could afford it since the increase in TSLA price in the last week almost covered the cost of a new X.
This is actually misleading since I am just holding shares and not really selling.
But still feels good.
I do the same thing, mentally. I buy something nice knowing how much I have invested in TSLA. It just gives me peace of mind knowing I can afford it, even though I’m not selling anything (and not sure of when I ever will in the future).

I do the same thing, mentally. I buy something nice knowing how much I have invested in TSLA. It just gives me peace of mind knowing I can afford it, even though I’m not selling anything (and not sure of when I ever will in the future).
I struggle with selling TSLA still because it still has so much potential upside over the next years/decades. I know that selling anything today will result in me kicking myself for the cost of selling at the mere pricing in 2022....I think others likely have a healthier mental balance of save vs spend. Maybe because I want to add even more shares to my portfolio- it has gotten more of a purpose since my TSLA portfolio went from play money to real money now to, in the future, retire earlier and comfortably money...

Taiwan's March new car sales figure is out
1. Toyota Corolla Cross 3,457 (hybrid 1492)
2. Honda CR-V 2,173
3. Tesla Model 3 1,633
4. Toyota Altis 1,536 (hybrid 382)
5. Toyota RAV4 1,528 (hybrid 513)
6. Toyota Yaris 1,401
7. Ford Focus 1,340
8. Nissan Kicks 1,245
9. Ford Kuga 1,244
10. Honda Fit 1,113 (hybrid 759)
11. Lexus NX 947
12. Toyota Vios 875
13. Toyota Sienta 720