Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They aren't shipping these packs by rail.

They are too heavy to fly cost-effectively. Even ignoring the haz freight issue.

So they are going in ships. Or more accurately, most of them that are/were intended for use in Berlin during Q2 have already departed from Shanghai in ships even if they have not yet arrived.

i.e. pre Shanghai lockdown.

(steaming time Shanghai-Rotterdam is typically 30d+)
So you are saying Berlin might have an initial burst of output and then run out....

Are the LFP packs for the SR+ imported from Shanghai? Obviously not much of a concern because production can be shifted to other trims or MY, but I seem to remember those packs were also imported.
LFP is imported from China. I know that much for sure.

I have an M3 SR+ on order for the July/August timeframe. The delivery estimate has not moved. So that may mean the LFP packs are not coming from Shanghai.

Reactions: Accident
So that may mean the LFP packs are not coming from Shanghai.
CATL makes those cells and packs. The cells are definately being sourced from their other factories right now, but the packs however may be made at their new factory close to Giga Shanghai. So transport/logistics issues may still apply. We don't have a clear enough picture of Tesla's supplier sources to judge.

The earnings call next week will have a huge impact on the SP this quarter. If they say that chips are still coming in, chips were the rate limiting step, and Shanghai can increase production the rest of the quarter to make up for lost time, then the SP will quickly recover. If they cast any doubt on Q2 production.... 🤕

Elon and the Tesla team might not have seen this coming, but the literal tables have turned compared to the COVID shut down that took Fremont down for the count. No doubt lessons have been learned, processes fine-tuned, and efficiencies on the upswing.

It’s our turn now. So when in doubt…

66127D3E-D4CA-4BC7-833B-2C8090266EA4.jpeg

Where they getting numbers? Google Shanghai Covid Trackers says 0 and 7 day average of 249 per day. Is the 26K a running total? I see John Hopkins reporting total China numbers closer to the 26K number.
I just what I heard (and saw). They gave a source but I can't remember it. If it shows again, which it no doubt will, I'll see if I can hear the source.

Last edited:
I just what I heard (and saw). They gave me source but I can't remember it. If it shows again, which it no doubt will, I'll see if I can hear the source.

1,184 new cases in China The number of new asymptomatic cases, which China counts separately, were 26,411 [source]

Reactions: wipster

1,184 new cases in China The number of new asymptomatic cases, which China counts separately, were 26,411 [source]
So are all citizens being tested everyday. I wonder how you detect asymptomatic cases unless you test everyone minus those were were positive everyday.