Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rage buying and diamond HODL has worked out for me as well since joining this forum. I knew it was time to buy more when I heard things like

"Are you going to sell since TSLA dropped so much today?" or "Should I buy or wait for a dip?"

I'm talking to another friend today on this very topic!

I decoded TMC to "The Millionaires Club" ;)

+ though I bought my 1st shares in like 2013-2014, I am lucky to have found TMC around 2016 when SP had spiked to like 256 and was heading down.
So many knowledgeable folks, but even better was realizing how many Tesla supporters there were.

Last edited:
I'm actually prepared to see TSLA go down on a confirmed Twitter acquisition by Elon based on uncertainty around how he finances it (sell TSLA?) and whether it will distract him significantly.
I think a twitter acquisition is likely to take up a lot of time for Elon (at least over the short term). The company culture will need to be completely upended to match his ideology. It's likely Elon will need to slash and burn like a farmer in the Amazon to achieve this.

Elon made every company he has had by committing to an insane degree, sleeping on the factory floor, never taking holidays, coding at night so his computer could be the server during the day. I don't see it being different this time.

Maybe if he gets Jack to come back as CEO (or can find another amazing leader) it might not be so bad, but otherwise Elon will be extra busy until he rights the ship (to match his ideology). Elon only became CEO of Tesla because he couldn't find anyone appropriate to do the job.

I think a twitter acquisition is likely to take up a lot of time for Elon (at least over the short term). The company culture will need to be completely upended to match his ideology. It's likely Elon will need to slash and burn like a farmer in the Amazon to achieve this.

Elon made every company he has had by committing to an insane degree, sleeping on the factory floor, never taking holidays, coding at night so his computer could be the server during the day. I don't see it being different this time.

Maybe if he gets Jack to come back as CEO (or can find another amazing leader) it might not be so bad, but otherwise Elon will be extra busy until he rights the ship (to matchhis ideology). Elon only became CEO of Tesla because he couldn't find anyone appropriate to do the job.

Can you imagine Elon going back and forth between Neuralink HQ and Twitter HQ in SF?

CFRA raises opinion to 'Strong Buy' from 'Buy' - PT of $1350 based on 2024 P/E of 88.5!
2024!?🤣

.. I was just looking at the ratings notes in TDA, some pretty funny stuff in there + some interesting /good stuff
we are pretty much trading on the $ for what Ford Equity Research shows for the minimum price @135 TTM P/E (was at the 999x TTM EPS till mid 2020 - at that trend we would be $7442)

Last edited:
I'm actually prepared to see TSLA go down on a confirmed Twitter acquisition by Elon based on uncertainty around how he finances it (sell TSLA?) and whether it will distract him significantly.

Details on the $21B in equity financing would go a long way toward stopping the bleeding.

So what is a stock price suppose to represent? You buy shares for ownership in a company. The value of those shares represent both public opinion and actual financial strength. It is not based on book value but financial analysts throw around the terms undervalued and overvalued quite a bit. So there should be some degree of relationship between Tesla's extraordinary success. I'm intimately aware of the quarterly report and all the emphasis by Youtuber's.

The stock price represents the markets perception of the value of the company. Nothing more, nothing less. History shows us the market is often wrong. Look towards May/June of 2019. The most you could sell a share of TSLA for was around thirty-something dollars. Do you think that represented it's true value to an investor? Many of us recognized this and were willing to wait a couple of years for the market to realize they were wrong. Those that held on are glad they did while those who sold out as soon as it doubled in value don't want to think about it because they didn't know the true value of what they held. Many of us made millions by being patient.

Let's get something straight Tesla doesn't pay dividends. So what else do I have besides hopeful stock price appreciation? I have gone over all incredibly positive events Berlin, Austin, new cell development, lack of batteries for OEM's, market domination in both Europe and China with the wife. Telsa's debt is ludicrously small expecially compared to other OEMs. It's why she asked the question in the first place. While everything says Tesla is in a GREAT (both long and short term) we are seeing really poor correlation. One day or even a few hours impact. I predicted this last week in a prior post.

A true investor doesn't think in terms of hours or days. They think in terms of years, sometimes many years. A true investor knows there is no point in trying to predict how the market will value the shares next week. Personally, I am looking for at least one more 10X of my investment in TSLA although I will probably sell 10-20% of it before it gets there and constantly re-appraise along the way. I think 10X will likely happen in less than 8 years and possibly as soon as 4-5 years. Even in my bear case scenario the shares will be worth at least double or triple what they sell for today so I feel it is a very low risk investment.

What if the stock price stagnates here after Austin and Berlin get fully ramped up? Will you still feel like it's ok or to be expected?

That's not what I want to happen but if the price is still $1k after both Austin and Berlin are fully ramped I will either be living in some kind of alternative reality or another company(s) will have magically disrupted Tesla. I don't expect either, hence why I'm an investor. I've been investing largely the same way for decades and the profits have been beyond my wildest dreams. I used to be poor, for the last two plus decades I have bought whatever I wanted, lived wherever I wanted, skied all winter and spring, hiked and biked all summer and fall, eaten and drank wherever I wanted, travelled when, where and how I wanted, while being beholden to no one for my livelihood or my time. And my accounts keep growing to new all-time highs. I would be a billionaire by now had I worked a reasonable paying job and lived off my salary instead of doing whatever I wanted. Investing is the gift that just keeps on giving but you have to stop thinking in terms of what the market values the company at and look more to where you think the company will be in 2 or 5 more years.

Either you have an investor mindset or you don't. Some people never achieve it, it's all about how much profit they can take before their investment has matured. Investors make their choices carefully and play the long game unless the reason they invested is no longer valid. And that has nothing to do with the current share price.

Last edited:
Well, he bought it, $44B, $54.20 a share.

Amazing! I am just amazed at how often things go the way Elon wants them to. He is a master of making big things happen!

He said he might not be able to make it happen but then he turned right around and made them realize it was in their best interest to just say yes! And for not a penny more? Wow!

I see a Twitter account in my future after all the smoke clears.

Last edited: