Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some thoughts:

Since Starlink is beginning to go online...maybe Twitter could be paired with Starlink and become the defacto messaging protocol on that (global) ISP?

Some historical thoughts from big folks in the Internet space:

Giga Texas Drone pilot Joe Tegtmeyer (vids) thinks that the warehouse proposed for construction South of the Colorado River beginning June 1st is for the Boring Company:

Warehouse on 600 acres S. of CO river is for Boring Co.

Being strategically located about 500 yards from Giga Austin, you know there has to be some connection along the product roadmap. Any speculation? Plaid TBMs? Faster than Gary? :D

Cheers!

Last edited:
Giga Texas Drone pilot Joe Tegtmeyer (vids) thinks that the warehouse proposed for construction South of the Colorado River beginning June 1st is for the Boring Company:

Being strategically located about 500 yards from Giga Austin, you know there has to be some connection along the product roadmap. Any speculation? Plaid TBMs? Faster than Gary? :D

Cheers!

With Tesla involved to grease the skids FTG (Faster Than Gary) should be easy. ;)

For further speculation, what if they put a warehouse/logistics facility there to send produced vehicles via a Boring tunnel from inside Giga Texas to the facility across the river for distribution? 🤨

Maybe the tunnel could be named Ha-Ha-YES-Car-Go... :rolleyes: ... in honor of Gary. :eek:

I should stop now, as this sort of humor can be a slippery slope.

Last edited:

Cheers!
There’s enough area at the Austin site to do hyperloop prototyping. Boring has said they are moving out on hyperloop.

This is interesting, it’s an interview with the drone pilot that shot the video at gigaberlin.

items mentioned relevant to Tesla

was started as a recruitment video
still areas of the factory not allowed to photograph
edit was examined by Tesla for any areas not to be shown in the video
Tesla managers mentioned after watching the video they should start using drones to examine areas of the factory that are inaccessible (by design) by humans

Cheers!
Even though it says warehouse, I wounder if they will be building Boring machines there,

Bringing Tesla parts from the factory just across the river will be easy.

The other side of the (highway like) toll road may be SpaceX, very easy for Elon to be involved in all 3 companies with minimal travel.

In the past a NY Times reporter has deliberately run a Tesla empty, only to complain that driving a Tesla is nothing and TSLA is going nowhere.
After this was exposed, this person was actually promoted within NY Times.
Tesla is a huge threat to NY Times and other newspapers as Tesla rigorously cuts newspaper advertising revenue.
Enough reason for me to be very suspicious of this (and then I'm putting it nicely).

The amounts involved for old oil for each day that the transition to electric driving can be delayed are staggering.
Which is not to say that everything that will be shown will be nonsense, but there are many hidden agendas for financial gain.
And this report will almost certainly mix truth and assumption in a very clever way to cast a bad light on Tesla.
Follow the money.

I'd like some help to understand how the Twitter poison pill played out
It didn’t.

Musk has not bought enough shares to trigger it, or if he has, it is not yet public so it hasn’t been triggered.

I think the board realized they were screwed either way. If they triggered the poison pill causing Musk to pull out, the share price would have collapsed and they would have likely opened themselves up to a massive shareholder lawsuit. I think they realized they had no legs to stand on and bailed.

Even though it says warehouse, I wounder if they will be building Boring machines there,

Bringing Tesla parts from the factory just across the river will be easy.

The other side of the (highway like) toll road may be SpaceX, very easy for Elon to be involved in all 3 companies with minimal travel.
Bringing Tesla parts *under* the river will be easy.

Reactions: 2daMoon and MC3OZ
The purpose of a "poison pill" isn't to explicitly prevent all corporate takeover events, it's merely to ensure that the board participates in negotiations with an interested party. In other words, it's there to make sure hostile takeovers are thwarted, but friendly takeovers can still proceed. Which is what happened. In general, hostile takeovers are not welcomed or thought highly of after the legendary corporate raids of the 1980's, see Barbarians at the Gate for the most notable and infamous example of that era.

I'm actually prepared to see TSLA go down on a confirmed Twitter acquisition by Elon based on uncertainty around how he finances it (sell TSLA?) and whether it will distract him significantly.
Indeed. Even if Musk does not need to sell any TSLA to fund the deal, the market will still assume he needs to. I reckon the share price will be held down until at least after the Twitter deal is completed, and that could take quite a while as some regulators will likely call the deal in for review. Because they can, not necessarily because they should. I hope I'm wrong but trading flat for a few quarters may be as good as it gets. Personally I think Musk acquiring Twitter is a dumb idea but it's his money, and his decision how thinly he spreads his time.

So far you are the only person with this letter on this forum, on FB, and on reddit.

I don't think @traxila should be on trial here. I haven't seen anything that made me think it was manufactured. It looks 100% legit. Which is not to say it's not suspicious as to how it came to be sent to clients.

Elon neutralized the poison pill with the mere suggesrion of a tender offer, one which would involve current shareholders transfering their 2:1 share rights to Elon with the sale of their existing shares, at the original price of $52.40 (the Board was effectively put on notice they were going to be made irrelevant, and risked being sued by shareholders).