Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, ultimately I do not see how this can be considered material information, as a split has already been announced and the actual numbers are just math.
Wouldn't that depend on where the number came from? 20:1 has been bandied about (as an opinion) in this forum for a while now. If they received the number from Tesla, then it should be NDA/privileged and they shouldn't have released it. If they got it from scrolling TMC, then the way the released it was unprofessional.

Wouldn't that depend on where the number came from? 20:1 has been bandied about (as an opinion) in this forum for a while now. If they received the number from Tesla, then it should be NDA/privileged and they shouldn't have released it. If they got it from scrolling TMC, then the way the released it was unprofessional.
Lol I seriously doubt Chase is scrolling through TMC for material information to send to the shareholders. Funny if true.

Last edited:
My feeling is Tesla notified banks that they have the intention for a 20x increase in share count for a 20:1 split pending shareholder approval. That number came from somewhere, Chase can't just make it up.

That seems reasonable. Chase might have prepared form letters to have ready for when the shareholder meeting actually takes place, and maybe someone at Chase simply sent it early by accident?

Very curious...

Reactions: saniflash
This is what I got. I would imagine I am not alone.

Maybe it is restricted only to accounts with 250,000 plus shares in it.

No, not really.

Either way, draw your own conclusions. Something here tells me it might be a 20 for 1 stock split.View attachment 797464
LoL I posted this on FB and everyone thinks it is fake

I mean, given Tesla has not released any such info- it's either fake, or it's a significant violation of securities laws right? (not that anyone enforces those...)

(FWIW not suggesting Traxila faked the letter at all but some bad actor at JPM certainly could have)

• Disagree
Reactions: Andy O
Elon Musk is now the most influential businessperson of all time. I’m no longer interested in debating that with anyone as a parlor game.

And Musk is just getting started. If some of his bigger bets pay off (robotaxis, Optimus) he will be orders of magnitude more influential than he is now.

I’m feeling pretty good about my investment in TSLA for many reasons, but somewhere in the top ten is that the company is spearheaded by the now undisputable GOAT of business leaders, still in his prime.

I mean, given Tesla has not released any such info- it's either fake, or it's a significant violation of securities laws right? (not that anyone enforces those...)

(FWIW not suggesting Traxila faked the letter at all but some bad actor at JPM certainly could have)
I appreciate the vote of confidence. Have to admit, I wish at this point I had not mentioned it. Came in the mail and took me a while to open it. Who has time for snail mail anymore? Did not think much of it when I did. A split is a split. Would have preferred three two for ones as a way to punish shorts over and over.

But what is the motivation of the theoretical bad actor? Use me as a tool to spread a false split number? Don’t see what there is to gain.

BTW, the redacted had all my info and share count so I don’t see how this is not the real thing. Maybe the information is wrong, but I doubt that as well.

Or maybe they did get confused with AMZN or GOOG :p:p

But what is the motivation of the theoretical bad actor? Use me as a tool to spread a false split number? Don’t see what there is to gain.

Could just be a mistake. Like when newspapers accidentally publish the celebrity obituaries they have pre-written.

A JPM intern could have just been preparing for a split announcement and accidentally mailed off a few letters.

I appreciate the vote of confidence. Have to admit, I wish at this point I had not mentioned it. Came in the mail and took me a while to open it. Who has time for snail mail anymore? Did not think much of it when I did. A split is a split. Would have preferred three two for ones as a way to punish shorts over and over.

BTW, the redacted had all my info and share count so I don’t see how this is not the real thing. Maybe the information is wrong, but I doubt that as well.

Or maybe they did get confused with AMZN or GOOG :p:p

Well, the fact it was snail mail only is also kinda weird....... none of my several brokers in the last split provided any notice other than electronically.

Maybe there's a paperless option you declined that most folks don't?

Could maybe be a mistake that a batch letter job got submitted by somebody at Chase by accident based on a draft someone had written and planned to edit once real details were known (some of these banks have pretty antiquated systems for this stuff)- and would explain why nobody else seems to be reporting getting this kinda notice electronically since it wouldn't have gone out using the same process.

Well, the fact it was snail mail only is also kinda weird....... none of my several brokers in the last split provided any notice other than electronically.

Maybe there's a paperless option you declined that most folks don't?

Could maybe be a mistake that a batch letter job got submitted by somebody at Chase by accident based on a draft someone had written and planned to edit once real details were known (some of these banks have pretty antiquated systems for this stuff)- and would explain why nobody else seems to be reporting getting this kinda notice electronically since it wouldn't have gone out using the same process.

Brokers send out stupid crap more than we’d like to think. I got this a few days ago from IBKR. I had no idea Tesla was acquiring Twitter 😆

3FBD1066-721C-4785-B5BC-960004BBDCCA.jpeg

My initial assessment was correct then; a mass mailing disseminating information that is on some level public knowledge. This is why I was surprised it was not already here.

Anyway, there you go, 20 for one. Soon as we authorize at the shareholders meeting that is.

Well, it's still possible JP Morgan is in error too. I mean they obviously sent out something they shouldn't have, it's possible the split count is also incorrect.

Until we get the actual info from Tesla directly I wouldn't be too sure of anything.

My initial assessment was correct then; a mass mailing disseminating information that is on some level public knowledge. This is why I was surprised it was not already here.

Anyway, there you go, 20 for one. Soon as we authorize at the shareholders meeting that is.

This is good. By my calculations, this will give me enough options contracts to control the entire stock market.