Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Certainly misinformation is the problem - the question is whether the solution lies in silencing it OR ensuring it is not inadvertently amplified via the profit-driven algorithms we create. Elon (and supporters’) hypothesis would be the focus should be on the latter, and if successful there, misinformation would be naturally extinguished…or at least less pervasive. We shall see.

Bringing this back to Tesla and Musk companies, I don’t believe the age of abundance brought by a renewable energy economy and robot-augmented labor will be achieved without media that is completely free. The left-right politics of now is a blip compared to the future we are hoping for, one that humanity will absolutely prevent for itself if allowed to do so.
He should come out and say that then. He should say that lies and misinformation in the new open source algorithm will not be promoted in any way. On a scale of 1 to 10 10 being truthful important information and 1 being lies and misinformation lies and misinformation will be rated a 0 and will not be promoted at all.

I was able to find some change in between the driver seat and center console and pick up 8 shares at $899

Hi people, I've been busy but the market caught my attention for some reason...
Max Pain has a lump in its throat around 700. They might want to unwind those about now and buy some more GM. :rolleyes:

1651067284070.png

It's not twitter related but Chevy/GM has killed another EV.

I used to think EVs would be reliable enough to make any used EV a safe pick but now after seeing Leaf/Bolt/Spark and even Tesla's that are out of warranty I'm getting to the point in my life where I don't want to do car repairs anymore.

I need Austin to crank out hundreds of thousands of units ASAP. I want to be able to get a new new car with out a multi quarter wait (lets get it below 4 weeks even). Pump out those made in Texas Teslas please...

YES. Crank out hundreds of thousands of 3/Y's. That will still happen, recession, Nasdaq bloodbath, European war / gas shutoffs, and covid be damned. Tesla had the focus right for 2022 despite the poorly received Q4 2021 call that stated this.

Flooding the zone with these fast, reliable, fun, advanced, overnight-pluggable vehicles will push this EV boulder over the edge and give it unstoppable momentum. It will be game over for ICE, Osborne-effect central, and when the wave subsides only the nimble few will be left afloat alongside Tesla's rolled stainless steel battleship.

Carthago delenda est ;)

Hi people, I've been busy but the market caught my attention for some reason...
Max Pain has a lump in its throat around 700. They might want to unwind those about now and buy some more GM. :rolleyes:

View attachment 798075
That's an artifact due to the graph connecting the sparse option strikes on 50 dollar increments instead of 5. Only around 23k put contracts at 650 and below.

I think I've changed my mind, and think Elon may have sold yesterday, and is selling again today. We had a bigger red day than everyone yesterday, and have half the gains of Nio, Rivian, etc, today. Based on earrings last week, this just doesn't make sense.

If you take out the "based on earnings last week" part of your argument / thought process - how does it change your supposition?

Reactions: aGreenGuy
I think I've changed my mind, and think Elon may have sold yesterday, and is selling again today. We had a bigger red day than everyone yesterday, and have half the gains of Nio, Rivian, etc, today. Based on earrings last week, this just doesn't make sense.
TSLA is a heavily manipulated stock. Things usually do not make sense when it comes to the TSLA stock price. Just the thought that Elon is selling is being used to bring the stock down. Does not mean he is selling. "They" will use anything they can to drive the stock down and to cap any attempt at recovery.

Limiting the spread of "misinformation" is limiting free speech. Yes, you and I have a right to lie.
What you call a lie, I call a truth. Who is to judge?

What we don't have right to do is limiting each other ability to lie.
We also don't have right to pretend to be bigger than we are.

This is a Tesla investment forum

Disclaimer: the below is predicated on the speculation Elon sold to make the twitter deal happen- but also directly contradicts SP3Ds claims above so also relevant there

He claimed the ONLY time he'd sell TSLA was when his options were expiring and he had no choice for tax bill reasons.

Thus I certainly hope he did NOT sell (and makes that clear sometime soon)- because I don't see how you can otherwise spin selling for this deal as anything but a broken promise and I'd rather that not be true.

Don't misquote Elon, it'[s not a good look. You claim Elon said the "only time Elon would sell...", indicating future behavior while Elon's statement was speaking to past and current behavior, not a promise that constrained future decision making. Context matters. If I say, "I never get sick", that doesn't imply I can't ever get sick. If I say, "I only invest in companies that are already profitable", that doesn't imply my strategy will always be constrained to profitable companies, forever. It's a statement that describes past and current behavior.

Please think more like Elon and less like a CNBC talking head.

He should come out and say that then. He should say that lies and misinformation in the new open source algorithm will not be promoted in any way. On a scale of 1 to 10 10 being truthful important information and 1 being lies and misinformation lies and misinformation will be rated a 0 and will not be promoted at all.

I was able to find some change in between the driver seat and center console and pick up 8 shares at $899

If he were to spell it out in that way, it would further the false narrative that he’s a rich guy looking out for his rich guy interests. It’s probably better that everyone focuses on short-term political squabbles while he, and careful observers, focus on the grander vision for humanity and transcending political noise.

It should be quite apparent to any real supporter of Tesla’s mission and Elon’s ambitions, that both political parties will ultimately be problematic to the truth/data we will be leaning on to bring about a better future. You can debate the Twitter acquisition on the specifics, but I think Elon’s thinking is none of this happens without preservation of a free and fair town square, where the light is allowed to shine brightly on the ideas that deserve it. Elon’s personal story is a testament to why this is necessary.

I wouldn’t be surprised if much of yesterday’s drop was WS trying to get paper handed investors who are upset over Twitter to unload their shares (to them) at a discount.
Yeah, I find it unlikely that an Elon stock sale and a 99.x% bad day in the markets would randomly coincide.

I don't think so. TSLA is tracking roughly with TQQQ today. Seems pretty normal given Tesla's beta. We should know by the end of day tomorrow if he sold any yesterday.