Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tough price action today. I honestly don't understand what happened. It is not explained by macro or fed or industry or MM. This is why options scare me. The volume was too high to be MM games. No there was either a whale or two or institutions or lots of shareholders willing to sell TSLA all the way down to -12%. Lots of shareholders seems less likely, unless we blame the Twitter deal. Nonsensical to me. So, being out of dry powder since my recent $800.85 score, I'll just wait. Nothing I've seen indicates that Tesla's not already busy working to further compress their PE- to be revealed in 3 months for their Q2 earnings. If it doesn't pop by then, they'll do it again....and again...and again. I'm expecting Tesla to be the "energizer bunny" of earnings for several quarters yet to come. HODL.

PS. I am really looking forward to some fun F vs GM vs TSLA graphs and tables after tomorrow's earnings by the insightful participants here!

I don't get why Tesla is doing so much better than everyone else and gets punished more. Stock market makes no sense.
One thing I was thinking of is this whole Twitter deal. If Elon borrows the money with Tesla stock as collateral than this will be risky.
Say we are to go in recession and Tesla misses earnings in one of the next few quarters. We know TSLA is super volatile. What if suddenly Elon gets margin calls!! It is a risk. What kind of ugly situation might we all get in to? Even if the outlook for the long term might be great, TSLA could be decimated in that situation.

I don’t like the Twitter deal…

Tough price action today. I honestly don't understand what happened. It is not explained by macro or fed or industry or MM. This is why options scare me. The volume was too high to be MM games. No there was either a whale or two or institutions or lots of shareholders willing to sell TSLA all the way down to -12%. Lots of shareholders seems less likely, unless we blame the Twitter deal. Nonsensical to me. So, being out of dry powder since my recent $800.85 score, I'll just wait. Nothing I've seen indicates that Tesla's not already busy working to further compress their PE- to be revealed in 3 months for their Q2 earnings. If it doesn't pop by then, they'll do it again....and again...and again. I'm expecting Tesla to be the "energizer bunny" of earnings for several quarters yet to come. HODL.

PS. I am really looking forward to some fun F vs GM vs TSLA graphs and tables after tomorrow's earnings by the insightful participants here!

It's like parenting a teenager in a tantrum. Simply.... wait. At the rate Tesla is printing money it'll work itself out.

Bradford 🛰🚀 on Twitter: "It's possible that banks are selling $TSLA or buying puts to cover or hedge their loan to Elon." / Twitter

This ought to be visible in today's trading if true. Could someone kindly post today's Options trading Volume chart? TIA.​

Paging @Papafox for your take on Options trading today.
Bradford's idea is indeed possible, but I feel that TSLA's big dip on Tuesday was more likely a reaction to the macro dip that got out of hand. I'm rushing to get my post in the Daily charts thread done before the SpaceX Crew 4 rocket lifts off.

No there was either a whale or two or institutions or lots of shareholders willing to sell TSLA all the way down to -12%.

This was almost certainly shortzes and hedgies: their dead give-away is when they stopped driving the SP down at just a few pennies above the -10% trigger for the "uptick rule". It took hours and many millions of more shares to breech that, then taking out the stops at $900 lead inevitably to the $875 close as fear carried the day.

Bradford's idea is indeed possible, but I feel that TSLA's big dip on Tuesday was more likely a reaction to the macro dip that got out of hand. I'm rushing to get my post in the Daily charts thread done before the SpaceX Crew 4 rocket lifts off.

Could I make a special request? Please include TSLA Options Volume in your daily report. If their isn't 20M/100 = 200K extra Put contracts traded, then it wasn't Bradford's idea that caused today's drop. The steepness of the Opening plunge to $920 surely looks like MMs reflexively selling shares in response to selling Puts.

TIA.

The new Twitter won't be just the old Twitter but with Musk in charge.

The new Twitter will have implications for a lot of existing media businesses.

That means Musk will have a lot more (new) enemies.

Which in turn will have implications for Tesla and all the other Musk businesses and their shareholders.

This is just the start !
Yeah, what could be worse than having big oil and big auto as your enemies? Big media. 🥳

This is how you create shareholder value: 🤨

Mike.jpg

Prediction: Elon causes mostly chaos with Twitter.... and meanwhile Tesla utterly dominates by reliably producing electric cars without major supplier problems, and at margins none of the would-be-also-electric-makers can match.
So, basically the same as it's always been with Tesla? ;)
what if the mystery nonprofit that Elon donated to is dedicated to free speech? was it ever stated that Elon wants to run Twitter as a for-profit corporation?
My money had been on a university, but that's an interesting idea. A global, not for profit social media company might be grand enough to warrant his focus.

One thing I was thinking of is this whole Twitter deal. If Elon borrows the money with Tesla stock as collateral than this will be risky.
Say we are to go in recession and Tesla misses earnings in one of the next few quarters. We know TSLA is super volatile. What if suddenly Elon gets margin calls!! It is a risk. What kind of ugly situation might we all get in to? Even if the outlook for the long term might be great, TSLA could be decimated in that situation.

I don’t like the Twitter deal…

Um, yeah, Tesla was decimated yesterday.

"Deci" = 10% 🤓

Last edited: