Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
sns-the-scariest-roller-coasters-in-the-world-20180816

The move I saw on Tuesday seemed identical to what we have seen in the past when Elon sold or when Tesla raised money ATM, a continuous hammering of the bid on heavy volume with every mini rally crushed.

I assumed the whale that was selling might very well have been Elon. His MO is to move fast when decision is made. And I figured he might have filed paperwork in anticipation of TWTR funding needs.

I apologize for stating that Elon was probably selling. I should have had more evidence to post that statement. Hope it was not Uncle Leo being liquidated.

All the best.
The pattern of trading definitely made it seem like the time Elon sold shares on the open market.

But probably the biggest counter to the idea that Elon sold on Tuesday is that there's absolutely zero reason for him to do so........even if he is planning on funding part of his Twitter buyout through selling shares. The deal won't close for months. Definitely won't close before the start of Q3. Elon doesn't need that cash until the deal is ready to close.

He has no incentive to sell shares now and lots of incentives to wait, namely the stock split.

But you do see how Tesla’s mission (and SpaceX) will ultimately require speaking directly to people without interference from governments and other powerful corporate interests, right? I’m not talking about just transitioning to EVs…I’m talking about autonomy, Optimus, and Mars colonization. If there is no free and fair channel available on which Elon and these companies can discuss and debate the data and decision-making that will be required, show progress, and gather feedback on a large scale, the corporate media, lobbyist-controlled politicians, and disrupted competitors will make an absolute mess of these extremely grand and humanistic endeavors.
Don't want to hijack the thread too much, but I don't really understand how you can fix *people* with technology.
I will be glad when Twitter will make the algorithm open source, encrypt the DMs, make tweets editable, maybe even add some characters... But I don't really think this will change much the state of our democracy (well, maybe a bit the algo part, but he should also look at Facebook and Youtube, and above all, their business model).
A friend of mine - who was a designer for the Wikipedia software - once wrote that you always have to "design for evil", meaning that your tools and your platform will definitely be used buy some crazy people with a lot of stamina and a lot of time. He was simply thinking about online trolls, but you have hostile nations hacker teams, spambots, ecc.
You won't fix democracy with Twitter: I think there's a more than fair chance he will improve some Twitter bugs, but I'm quite skeptical about the whole free speech thing, at the moment it seems just the far right is happy about this.
Now, I live in Europe, where we don't have the First Amendment and are far less enamored about "Free Speech" as an absolute than Americans. We had Nazism and Fascism here, probably that's the reason.
Bad actions are always preceded by bad words and bad arguments (the viceversa is not true, but still).

Don't want to hijack the thread too much, but I don't really understand how you can fix *people* with technology.

You think Putin would be bombing Ukraine back to the stone age if we were at 100% renewables+storage and all vehicles were EVs? I would argue technology is the ONLY way to fix people. We're goddamn apes walking upright.

The pattern of trading definitely made it seem like the time Elon sold shares on the open market.

But probably the biggest counter to the idea that Elon sold on Tuesday is that there's absolutely zero reason for him to do so........even if he is planning on funding part of his Twitter buyout through selling shares. The deal won't close for months. Definitely won't close before the start of Q3. Elon doesn't need that cash until the deal is ready to close.

He has no incentive to sell shares now and lots of incentives to wait, namely the stock split.

Were Elon's taxes due in January? When he decides to do something, the pieces move at the physical limit of their ability to move.

"I can buy Twitter? Get me the funding today."

I enjoyed this dip and took the opportunity to add to my position this morning at $836. But these swings are nothing like they used to be.

IIRC, in the early days the price would drop from $36 to $19 in a day due to some rando panic hit piece - I'd go onto the TMC forum to see what the real story is ("Oh, that manager left because he got a job closer to family, not because it's a sinking ship") so I picked up a few more while the market panicked. Then by the next business day the real news came out and it was back up to $39 - a 47% drop followed by 205% increase felt like just another day at the FUD office...

I have only regretted not buying more at the dips (and selling to pay for my Model S - didn't need to, but it was poetic to pay for it with shares), so I was glad to have another opportunity today.

Out of self-imposed limbo to say I freakin love this post... Spot on.
The Prius-driving sandal lovers is what did it for me.

OT:

Haha, I'm a Canadian, what can I say?

Q: What do you call a Canadian Conservative in the Floribama panhandle?

A: That's a Gay-Nader-lover-for-Peace. :D

Hope you're enjoying your self-imposed exile. Looking forward to your return, and the return of good times for TSLA.

Cheers!

Reactions: Unpilot