Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sadly, I've found zero reviews with TX built MYs. Anybody?
They're all going to employees. My assumption is they're software limited and very closely monitored to see how the 4680 cells/packs react. Doubt we'll hear anything til this phase is done, I'm sure they're not supposed to talk about it.

Seems like ATM they are all going out to employees still and likely under NDA and no-resale agreements.

Right now production is ?? hundreds/ week? so internal sales could suck that up for a little while.
Will be epic when it starts to external customers!

They're all going to employees. My assumption is they're software limited and very closely monitored to see how the 4680 cells/packs react. Doubt we'll hear anything til this phase is done, I'm sure they're not supposed to talk about it.
Same lack of information during the Model 3 launch as the initial cars went to employees as well. I think it will be a while before they go to actual customers. There is a much larger employee pool now!

I'm going to go ahead and say the algos didn't like the AMZN earnings. I think AWS revenue will be everything for this move tho. We shall see.

As of now.....a loss of $7.56/share.

Edit: Advertising a bit below expectation, AWS revenue a bit above expectation. Good guidance and this 8% drop reverses mayhaps.

Amazon is guiding for sub inflationary growth next quarter, and since Rivian has dropped even further they’ll probably lose another $3b there in Q2 unless it pops seriously.

AWS will soon be spending an extra $4b per year on its Starlink copycat too, which will be a serious hit. They just contracted $10b alone on launch costs.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this stock trails down to $1500 in the coming months. It’s reached the top of its s curve.

Last edited:
There are a lot of long term holders, including myself, that are not happy with Elon's behavior. Yes ... I understand how much it's gone up and I've been very fortunate to have ridden it up the whole way, adding rather than selling the position. I also think it's totally reasonable for SHARHOLDERS to question how the directors of a company act and if those actions are helping the share price or not. So, I don't consider it "crying" ....

My post was an honest answer to the poster wondering why we are down so much after a great earnings report .... I gave my opinion and I believe it to be accurate.

BTW, those people who maintain the factory along with every other employee of Tesla deserve to have a leader that puts the company and it's mission first .. I'm of the opinion that buying a controversial media platform does not do that.

Bottom line, shareholders have every right to be concerned about the behavior of the people entrusted to run it.

I'm still a long .... but I will admit to having Elon fatigue at this point and I don't believe I'm alone on this.

Cheers to the longs.
This is just the same as when Tesla purchased some bitcoins. It will blow over.

Right now, an argument can be made that Elon is hurting Tesla's mission with all his shenanigans.
Is it a weak argument? Maybe so, but then we should discuss (isn't also this "free speech" thing about the ability of debating and reasoning in public?).
The normal answer "then just sell your tsla" (which you actually didn't make) is quite a fallacy in imho, it doesn't answer anything and it's a way to make complainers shut up.

That's where you lose me. Buying Twitter amounts to shenanigans? Have you ever tried to buy one of the most influential social media companies to ever exist?

Since when did Elon give up his right to fix a social media company that's driving humanity to failure simply because he took on the role of leading the company that is doing the most to lead the world to sustainable energy?

Sometimes there are powerful synergies between two seemingly unrelated jobs, and I would propose that one doesn't have to be clairvoyant to see that is precisely one of those situations. Elon knows big jobs require big solutions. Let Elon continue to succeed!

The people speaking out the loudest against this want Elon to fail. They realize he is steamrolling his way to success, and they don't like it. Not one bit.

Amazon is guiding for sub inflationary growth next quarter, and since Rivian has dropped even further they’ll probably lose another $3b there in Q2 unless it pops seriously.

AWS will soon be spending an extra $4b per year on its Starlink copycat too, which will be a serious hit. They just contracted $10b alone on launch costs.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this stock trails down to $1500 in the coming months. It’s reached the top of its s curve.
In a flurry of TSLA FOMO buying in November, I managed to liquidate all of my AMZN and NFLX near their ATH only to buy TSLA about 10% below it's ATH. Tesla is down about 20% from when I bought, but on whole I am UP from where I would be quite a bit.

I'll chalk this up as a win in my book.

I find it peculiar that the market shrugged when Bezos stepped down as CEO.

Btw, if tonight comes and goes with no Elon sales....then bravo shorts/bears.

What a masterful level of execution to use Elon's twitter buyout filing to orchestrate a panic/fear induced selloff on the basis of Elon selling shares by using the combination of that report stating "Elon was willing to sell Tesla shares if need be" (which again, never provided any proof of Elon saying that) + coordinating a massive short raid, likely with the help of big MM's who were naked shorting.......all right after earnings that blew away even the most bullish expectations.

If that's what happened, probably the most amazing thing I've seen Wall st orchestrate.

Is it an amazing thing that Wall Street can so easily orchestrate such doubt and fear that the share price is impacted to tune of hundreds of billions of dollars?

Or is it simply a reflection of exactly how weak, ignorant and gullible people betting on TSLA actually are?

I would suggest that people who use the share price as a proxy for how well the company is doing need to re-examine the way they analyze companies. These are the very people who hand power to those on Wall Street who pull the strings on the shenanigans. They wouldn't do it if people were not so gullible because it would be completely ineffective.

Elon is not the one pulling shenanigans here, he is simply buying a company that is very difficult to buy. I guarantee that you could give 44 billion dollars in cash to almost anyone here for the purpose of gaining control of Twitter and probably every single one of you would fail. Read this and realize that Elon is more capable than you, he works harder than you and he knows more than you do. That's why he stands a good chance of buying Twitter and succeeding while you do not. It's also why he has the $44 billion available to him and you do not.

Sometimes life really does make sense.

That's where you lose me. Buying Twitter amounts to shenanigans? Have you ever tried to buy one of the most influential social media companies to ever exist?

Since when did Elon give up his right to fix a social media company that's driving humanity to failure simply because he took on the role of leading the company that is doing the most to lead the world to sustainable energy?

Sometimes there are powerful synergies between two seemingly unrelated jobs, and I would propose that one doesn't have to be clairvoyant to see that is precisely one of those situations. Elon knows big jobs require big solutions. Let Elon continue to succeed!

The people speaking out the loudest against this want Elon to fail. They realize he is steamrolling his way to success, and they don't like it. Not one bit.

Maybe the SEC didn't go far enough. Maybe there should be a list of things he is permitted to do rather than just explicitly preventing behaviors.

Things Musk is permitted to do while not running TSLA, SpaceX, or The Boring Company:
  • Keep his $&%# mouth shut
  • Pickle Ball
  • Work at a food kitchen
  • Date supermodels
  • Purchase things like Hawaiian Islands or Super Yachts
  • Cooking with Martha Stuart... scratch that, she has a record.
You get the point.. he should only be permitted to do safe, approved things so he doesn't ruffle feathers or affect the share price.

It should be understood that with great power comes lots of people telling you how you should use your spare time. Musk should respect those limits and stay in his lane.

(/Sarcasm)

In a flurry of TSLA FOMO buying in November, I managed to liquidate all of my AMZN and NFLX near their ATH only to buy TSLA about 10% below it's ATH. Tesla is down about 20% from when I bought, but on whole I am UP from where I would be quite a bit.

I'll chalk this up as a win in my book.

I find it peculiar that the market shrugged when Bezos stepped down as CEO.
Only on TMC where we can buy $TSLA shares....see it lose 20% of its value and chalk it up as a win!

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣