Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's a likely outcome but it doesn't leave Twitter in a very happy place. Which is just another way of saying Twitter has a lot of incentive to try to salvage a deal at a price that shareholders would approve. I sense Musk would still like to own Twitter but at a price closer to $28 billion than $44 billion so the chances of a deal have gone down dramatically. The longer this goes on the cheaper Twitter gets but I sense if the price is not a lot cheaper, Elon is likely to not just walk away but to also build his own social media company. The negative effect of Elon buying Twitter is mostly related to the financial stretch it requires. Most of that goes away if the price is lower.

Elon is likely to be sued for walking away, perhaps by multiple parties, but those are not the kind of lawsuits that go anywhere. Twitter is the party at fault and it's due to their dot-com culture of wanting ever higher active user numbers/valuations which gave them little incentive to tackle the problem of multiple accounts and fake bot accounts because more users allow them to charge their advertisers more. The idea that Elon should have known or should have done more due diligence before making an offer, doesn't work because people are supposed to be able to rely on the accuracy and honesty of SEC filings. Elon cannot be found guilty with that elephant in the room.
My guess is that PricewaterhouseCoopers LLC (Twitters Auditors) will be taking a second look at the fake bot count SEC disclosure?

Instantly smacked down at 759 with a sell block that was only half the size of the buy block. Sure lol

And now hit with a series of small sell blocks. Yeah......I'm gonna guess it's not going higher than 760

It was timed perfectly with Elon's tweet to SEC lol. It would be funny if we finish red today. Elon is trolling like never before, things must be going good with both spaceX and Tesla.

My guess is that PricewaterhouseCoopers LLC (Twitters Auditors) will be taking a second look at the fake bot count SEC disclosure?

Pretty much a given, because PWC has a degree of legal liability since they signed off on the financial disclosures. They will want to quickly mitigate that liability.

It was timed perfectly with Elon's tweet to SEC lol. It would be funny if we finish red today. Elon is trolling like never before, things must be going good with both spaceX and Tesla.
Really had nothing to do with that tweet. It wasn't like a lot of volume came flooding in.

In fact, the opposite. Large buy order of 157k sent the stock up from 754 to 759. Then immediately a series of smaller sell orders totaling 180k sent it down from 759 to so 751. Then a series of smaller sell order continually dropped it back to under 750. All of this while the Nasdaq barely budged.

If you were to ask me, 750 has already been determined by MM's at the target for this week.

Really had nothing to do with that tweet. It wasn't like a lot of volume came flooding in.

In fact, the opposite. Large buy order of 157k sent the stock up from 754 to 759. Then immediately a series of smaller sell orders totaling 180k sent it down from 759 to so 751. Then a series of smaller sell order continually dropped it back to under 750. All of this while the Nasdaq barely budged.

If you were to ask me, 750 has already been determined by MM's at the target for this week.
I keep thinking in my head, I can break these cuffs... but then we come back to reality.

Search youtube for the lols.

Not exactly. TSLA has been suffering from a lot of big players staying on the side-lines due to the uncertainty caused by the whole twitter saga. So any form of resolution that removes uncertainty would be good for TSLA stock price.
That’s not true. There is no uncertainty. That’s a made up story you bought.

Repeat after me, there is no uncertainty. Ever. Stop believing the lie and repeating it.

To the moon! 🤣

The market is showing signs of the rally starting (Vix is about to break 26 and Nasdaq is trying 11,900 again) and Tesla is moving strongly with any buying pressure, even at low volume. When the volume moves in, it will go really fast.
I don't expect market to rally from here though. A slow grind upward is more likely. The majority of retails have been shaken to their core as SPY -20% YTD. It's going to take a while to build their confidence back up for the next leg down, if any.

• Funny
Reactions: Krugerrand
I don't expect market to rally from here though. A slow grind upward is more likely. The majority of retails have been shaken to their core as SPY -20% YTD. It's going to take a while to build their confidence back up for the next leg down, if any.
Which is totally fair and a realistic thought. My rebuttal is that we have not had downturns this quick and this violent very often, when they do happen, they recover pretty quickly and violently (with some legs back down but above lows). Two very notable exceptions 00 and 08.

IMO 12,400 is coming very soon for the Nasdaq and I think 13+k by the end of the month. Likely some weakness after that and a fall back to ~12k.