Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just would like to mention that two of my friends recently received new Model 3's. One a short range, the other a long range. I have many, many friends and family with Teslas and upon inspection I have always been able to find at least one defect. But these last two cars are absolute perfection and the paint is deeper and more glorious than ever. Clearly Tesla has made strides here.

Breaking above 679-680 and holding, can allow a test of 700. The hammer down on 680 was bigger than the 670, so this might need a Nasdaq breakout to 11,580. A Nasdaq bleed below 11,520 likely will have a re-test of 670.

So, in other words, there are no foreseeable changes in the share price in the near-term? 🤪

Looking at IVs:

Call IVs spiked late Friday which predicted a bounce Monday (today). So far it's pretty anemic. I guess the early triggered stop losses / margin calls helped dampen the bounce. Call IVs are now pulling back to a normal level, suggesting a lack of bullish sentiment in the near term.

On the plus side, put IVs also dropped today, suggesting the bears are letting up, for now. SPY 400 is another sweet spot for them to re-enter so I'll be watching IVs like a hawk tomorrow.

To our Australian Mates (both male and female),

In your opinion, do you feel the (very) recent election of a Labor government in Australia makes it a better candidate for a new Asian gigafactory than Indonesia? Do you think the new government being pro-EV and very climate change aware will pursue an increased Tesla presence down under? And finally, based on the success of the Hornsdale project and the growing amount of Tesla's on the road, do you feel Tesla is viewed from a positive, negative, or "meh" perspective?

Thanks in advance for your answers! I'm very pro-Tesla for Australia, both from a vehicle and power storage (and generation) perspective. I think it would be a great testbed for perspective Tesla products and provide an example to the rest of the world of how governments can work with Tesla to affect climate change efficiently, effectively, and affordably.

Keeping track of Tweets with TweetDeck

This is how I keep track of EM's Tweets... I do a search by individual and track all tweets with a "" search.
Calm day for tweets.

The second column shows a search for the stock ticker. $TSLA. Often runs faster that readable.

If you have a better way, let me know.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-05-23 at 11.21.28 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-23 at 11.21.28 AM.png
    444.2 KB · Views: 112
To our Australian Mates (both male and female),

In your opinion, do you feel the (very) recent election of a Labor government in Australia makes it a better candidate for a new Asian gigafactory than Indonesia? Do you think the new government being pro-EV and very climate change aware will pursue an increased Tesla presence down under? And finally, based on the success of the Hornsdale project and the growing amount of Tesla's on the road, do you feel Tesla is viewed from a positive, negative, or "meh" perspective?

Thanks in advance for your answers! I'm very pro-Tesla for Australia, both from a vehicle and power storage (and generation) perspective. I think it would be a great testbed for perspective Tesla products and provide an example to the rest of the world of how governments can work with Tesla to affect climate change efficiently, effectively, and affordably.

Australia suffers from pretty strong Dutch disease, manufacturing is down to only ~5% of GDP now. I don’t think Australia is a large enough market to devote its own Giga factory to, and finding suppliers there would probably be a pain.

Maybe a battery factory someday, maybe…

They do have the solar resources to be an RE superpower though.

Keeping track of Tweets with TweetDeck

This is how I keep track of EM's Tweets... I do a search by individual and track all tweets with a "" search.
Calm day for tweets.

The second column shows a search for the stock ticker. $TSLA. Often runs faster that readable.

If you have a better way, let me know.
or just follow this account: @everyelonreply

Tesla has apparently lowered the purchase price of FSD to $10k, sometime after they raised it to $12k last January.

I just added FSD to my standard-range Model 3 on order, and the price was $10k. The change did not immediately change my delivery date estimate (July 14 - Aug 25).

When I ordered the car several months ago, my delivery date estimate was late June - July.

For vehicles delivered in Q2 or confirmed for Q2:
Orders with FSD had a 5.7 mth wait time while no FSD had 7 mth wait time. So slight difference.​
Orders with older base price from 2021 had a 7.6 mth wait time but orders with higher 2022 pricing had a 3.7 mth wait time (20% of deliveries for Q2 have 2022 order dates). There are still many 2021 Model Y LR orders on the Tracker that have delivery dates for Q3 and Q4 meaning the 2022 orders jumped ahead of them.​
Just one car delivery here, but I ordered Model Y LR on 3/1/22 with FSD. I got it delivered in exactly 69 days (go figure).

Tesla has apparently lowered the purchase price of FSD to $10k, sometime after they raised it to $12k last January.

I just added FSD to my standard-range Model 3 on order, and the price was $10k. The change did not immediately change my delivery date estimate (July 14 - Aug 25).

When I ordered the car several months ago, my delivery date estimate was late June - July.

Still $12,000 on the site. I suspect that your FSD price is somehow being grandfathered in based on your order date. I also suspect that's a bug and not intended, so might want to keep a lid on that.