Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exactly. Tesla built a small, elegant, high-powered charging cable and connector. CCS is just a fat ugly step-child by comparison.
Am I the only downvote here? Not arguing on design/taste …

Tesla built what they needed at the time, but isn‘t Tesla Plug in US at the edge of Amp Limit whereas CCS has still room to grow above 400A?

EDIT: I stand corrected, I had the EU-Tesla-Plug in mind - the Mid Typ2 DC solution using the old Typ2 Plug for DC as well - I think this one is heavily limited.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: bkp_duke
For you guys thinking Superchargers are such a great advantage in the competition for sales, you might sample the thread on CCS in the Supercharging section. Owners with late model Ys And 3s are buying CCS adapters from Tesla South Korea via a forwarder. The reasons: CCS prices are cheaper, they are where Superchargers aren’t and they aren’t busy when the Superchargers are.
Same in Germany - networks are growing and CCS is much cheaper than SuC (well SC01 like myself excluded)

Reactions: petit_bateau
Huh I guess I never really bothered to keep track of when Tesla does it's filing.

Any rally from this is gonna be pretty muted on Monday
The rally from this won't really be until it is official. There is a small bump when they are announced (happened in April in this case), but the rally based on the split really waits until the execution (see Google and Amazon). Which will be August. Especially as a share dividend it will wait. What this will likely do though it the start of the naked shorting unwinding starting soon since the shorts won't want this to gamma.

Am I the only downvote here? Not arguing on design/taste …

Tesla built what they needed at the time, but isn‘t Tesla Plug in US at the edge of Amp Limit whereas CCS has still room to grow above 400A?
CCS, at the current spec in NA at least, is maxed at 500a. Tesla V3 superchargers operate at much higher amperage... for a Model 3 to hit 250 kw charging, it would need ~650-700a. With rumors of more (325+ kw charging)... 900-1000a might be the ultimate design limit.

CCS, at the current spec in NA at least, is maxed at 500a. Tesla V3 superchargers operate at much higher amperage... for a Model 3 to hit 250 kw charging, it would need ~650-700a. With rumors of more (325+ kw charging)... 900-1000a might be the ultimate design limit.
Indeed.
V3 supercharger post limit is 631 Amps, 500V, 250kW (for now).

Huh I guess I never really bothered to keep track of when Tesla does it's filing.

Any rally from this is gonna be pretty muted on Monday
You know all this "strategic timing" really doesn't matter. Eventually it seems like Tsla will just reverse back to the mean no matter what kind of trickery is being used to pump up the stock price. Great if you want to do something about the price pumps, but sideline HDOLers just end up being excited and then disappointed.

Ellison stepping away from the board is interesting news. It'll be used as FUD for sure, but likely a nothing burger.
He is/was still willing to throw a billion dollars at Elon for Twitter the FUD will be easily shot down.

You know all this "strategic timing" really doesn't matter. Eventually it seems like Tsla will just reverse back to the mean no matter what kind of trickery is being used to pump up the stock price. Great if you want to do something about the price pumps, but sideline HDOLers just end up being excited and then disappointed.
I'd be happy for it to revert (up) to the mean. ;)

Reactions: CarlS and wipster
Now we know why Ken Griffin's crew at Citadel didn't need to bother pushing TSLA to $700 at the close. They already knew this split announcement was coming and it'd clear $700 easily in the after hours trading. Must be nice. No more $700 put payouts for you!

I'm OK with 3:1, but we'll be at $500 again in no time. I was hoping for 20:1 to make weekly options more interesting. I guess I'll take it. Anything to force a clearing of all naked shorts.

Funny how the whole world seems to have planned for a rally to begin today........except the CPI people!

That's a fugly ratio for those dabbling in options. What happens to the 500 or 1000 strike options? In case of a split like 1:5, they can slice the strike price by 5 and increase the count by 5 and it works out.

Now it's not so clean. If they create a basket, like what they did with SCTY options, that will be even worse. In these cases, they will create a TSLA1 basket comprised of 3 post split TSLA shares and your old options will be on TSLA1 which then become pretty illiquid.

Sucking out liquidity like this is not generally great. And the market makers make out like bandits when making market in these illiquid chains.

There is still a big inventory of leaps going out to June '24.

Ugh..