Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let's Get Ziggy With It!

Found this on Inside EV's... Funny or not, it's a unique idea!

Ever tired of driving around trying to find a parking space. Do you ever get tired of driving around to find a charging station? There’s a solution for both. An autonomous robot named Ziggy. With the app for Ziggy, you can summon Ziggy to reserve a parking space for you. Once at the parking space, Ziggy will then pull out, and allow you to park. You can then use Ziggy to charge your EV. A unique EV of the Week. Check out the video below. -John @ Mobility EVo

Cameras on all four sides
A headlight and a tail light
A safety sensor band
Large screens on both sides
All-Wheel Steering
--------------------
Can't even imagine how this will be abused.

Here's a video:
I want battery truck that tailgates me on the highway and charges me while I drive. But let‘s be honest, this cute idea will never be wide scale. Energy efficiency is worse, it’s expensive, it’s complicated and a big waste of engineering time. Something throw students at, but will never see large scale industrialization. Better to make each car charge itself after it has delivered the driver to the destination, if needed have a few optimus primes walk around the parking lot and plug/unplug cars with destination charging at 22kW or maybe have a snake charger. So much better use of resources.

Weekend OT:
I was thinking about taking a loan using my shares as a collateral, but rates are increasing and, above all,
solar prices are really high right now. I wanted to "give back" and invest in a solar project, but it's not a really good investment with these prices (supply chain issues and all that).
Do you have some suggestions for making your chairs "bear some fruit" without selling them?
I don't plan to retire anytime soon.

Version 1 of something always has issues. The original Tesla Roadster had plenty of problems to work out like any new technology. Of course that was more than a decade ago now for Tesla, they are on version 427 by now while legacy is starting at version 1. Sucks for legacy I guess.
Legacy have Tesla's experience to guide them - they have all likely bought and dismantled every Tesla model, likely on an annual basis, and all the issues Tesla had along the way are well documented by the FUD-hungry media

The fact that now, they are repeating mistakes seen already a decade ago, is pretty damning

All markets look forwards, not backwards. Tesla’s low production in Q2 is no longer relevant if Q3 production is setup for high production.

Sure, an SP discount still remains for the risk factor of future Shanghai lockdowns, but I wouldn’t overstate that discount given the Chinese government’s shift to keep business going even during lockdowns, and Tesla’s increased capability now to keep the lights on during lockdowns.

BTC went down to 18,800 last night. Tesla's BTC impairment for Q2 is really going to hurt this time, particularly when coupled with the lower production number due to the Shanghai shutdown.

I remember at the time they say they bought Bitcoin for "more flexibility to further diversify and maximize returns on our cash." Yeah that worked out great. I hope they had some kind of exit strategy for Bitcoin. I hope someone asks them about this ridiculous decision in the earnings call.

I remember at the time they say they bought Bitcoin for "more flexibility to further diversify and maximize returns on our cash." Yeah that worked out great. I hope they had some kind of exit strategy for Bitcoin. I hope someone asks them about this ridiculous decision in the earnings call.
Elon: Buys 1.5 bil of bitcoin and offers 44 bil for Twitter. Neither of which actually make any money what so ever.

Also Elon: Multi year recession, Zombie companies need to die. Got a real bad feeling.

Something doesn't fully add up.

Reactions: Brn2Run
Elon: Buys 1.5 bil of bitcoin and offers 44 bil for Twitter. Neither of which actually make any money what so ever.

Also Elon: Multi year recession, Zombie companies need to die. Got a real bad feeling.

Something doesn't fully add up.
It’s not uncommon for good entrepreneurs to be rather incompetent when it comes to investing in other assets/companies they have no control of.

Every $1000 drop in BTC is another ~$40m negative hit to quarterly earnings. Let’s hope this turd gets to zero before the end of the quarter so we can get it over with once and for all.

It’s not uncommon for good entrepreneurs to be rather incompetent when it comes to investing in other assets/companies they have no control of.

Every $1000 drop in BTC is another ~$40m negative hit to quarterly earnings. Let’s hope this turd gets to zero before the end of the quarter so we can get it over with once and for all.

It is 3D chess!

They should sell BTC and buy back stock with whatever is left from that great investment.

All markets look forwards, not backwards. Tesla’s low production in Q2 is no longer relevant if Q3 production is setup for high production.

Sure, an SP discount still remains for the risk factor of future Shanghai lockdowns, but I wouldn’t overstate that discount given the Chinese government’s shift to keep business going even during lockdowns, and Tesla’s increased capability now to keep the lights on during lockdowns.

I suspect we’ll see something along the lines of “Tesla exited the quarter with production at a record 1.5m annualized rate” in the P&D report.

I was thinking about the E-stang recall today. If Ford can't get the EV Mustang even remotely right......what do we think the Hummer EV rollout is gonna look like?

I predict we're going to see a screwup very early on that's so hilarious people will think they were purposely sabotaged.

The wider market needs to succeed for the Master Plan......but these two need to just die a quick bailout-free death.
It's difficult to imagine that Ford and GM will both suffer from ICEy hubris, so will supply cynics with a litany of serious defects while endlessly criticizing Tesla. From a user perspective there is no effective competition for the Supercharger network. Ford and GM have had much of their historical success resulting from global distribution power, but never have had a notion that the petroleum industry distribution that coincided with their success is why Model T changed early on from alcohol to gasoline. They never have imagined they'd need to arrange fuel for BEV until Tesla proved the point and they still don't know.

Even the best Chinese seem not be build their own changing network.

When Ford and GM cannot yet build large quantities of reliable and efficient BEV and wait for VW to build Electrify America or less likely US government buildout we know there is no realistic domestic US competition.

Meanwhile several major potential BEV markets have nothing much today. Think India, Thailand, Indonesia, every bit of South America and Africa. It will not be the residue of Ford and GM that become global BEV powers. It's pretty much up to Tesla and emerging Chinese such as JAC, BYD and even SAIC perhaps. There is always the odd chance that Hyundai might succeed, especially since South Korea does have two major battery suppliers. VAG is trying hard so they conceivably might be successful eventually

So why even bring up Ford and GM, other than their support from the US government?

Generally don’t post YouTube videos here or even watch very much YouTube, but stumbled across a good Rivian test drive/ misadventure from the Now You Know guys about a camping trip in the Rivian. I watched it because it was very similar to a trip I did in my Model Y last year.

For the TLDW folks, they were seriously disappointed with the non-Tesla charging network and had some significant road trip issues with the Rivian. Kind of disappointing that in 2022 EA and EVGo are still so unreliable. I suspect when Tesla eventually opens up their charging network anyone who road trips at all is going to switch.

Also… lots of funny commentary about how YouTubers pander to car makers so they can get access to test vehicles.
And comically, at the end of the video they talk about how they’re excited for the F lightening… not sure why they think it would be any different. Unless there’s a new F charging network that I’m not aware of.

With regards to BTC; I feel like the BTC pirates are going to use this long weekend to manipulate a crash to the next technical support (which is ~12k I believe). Hopefully the master of coin has a plan (other than BTFD).

• Informative
Reactions: AZRI11 and unk45
What do you think about VW and the Korean legacy auto makers? Seems like their EVs are doing ok so far.
It's really VAG and Hyundai, isn't it. One way or another both groups will be major global BEV players.
Why? Despite huge flaws, both have done global manufacturing and distribution very effectively. Both have been adept at worldwide local political positioning. Neither has been proficient at new technology delivery recently, but both have the resources with their suppliers to pull proverbial 'rabbits from hats'.

Not sure what prompted the Head of Investor Relations at Tesla to post this on Twitter today.
Maybe it's nothing but I am going to take this as good news about margins. 😁

Given what we know about Gigapress, structural battery packs, battery production (every major global supplier selling to Tesla, multiple form factors), plus Tesla logistics excellence...
I rather suspect it may be slightly disingenuous for you to say "Not sure what prompted..."
Based on my recent review of your posting history I can only applaud your[false] modesty.