Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe Tesla would allow other manufacturers to use the standard without any payment. Whether a non-Tesla could charge on a Supercharger would still be up to Tesla. The fact that the plug fits would not mean they could automatically use a Supercharger, that's a completely separate issue and it's controlled by software, not hardware. In my opinion, the consortium of other manufacturers went with CCS to try to isolate Tesla and slow down EV adoption.

Did it work? You cannot stop an idea whose time has come. It's just one more example of them slitting their own throats when it comes to electrification.
I just wish other DCFCs will add Tesla plugs, just like the gas stations has regular gas and diesel. EVgo is adding some but it is just an adapter, not a native plug direct connects to the charger.
For me it is a no brainer move because it will drastically increase their customer base, not sure what is holding them back.

I had heard its the Sunflower ammunition site, which has tons of rail connections. This would be a huge deal for KC and Desoto KS.

Bad ass. That's got some great links for railway. I would bet Tesla is planning on running things nearly straight south and right up the the doorstep of the Austin Gigafactory.

For anyone that cares, here is a map of US railways:

Lawrence KS --> Topeka KS --> Wichita KA --> straight through Oklahoma --> Ft Worth, TX --> Waco, TX --> Austin, TX
~700 miles, or less than one day for a loaded train

Freight on that should be dirt cheap, compared using trucks.

Last edited:
I just wish other DCFCs will add Tesla plugs, just like the gas stations has regular gas and diesel. EVgo is adding some but it is just an adapter, not a native plug direct connects to the charger.
For me it is a no brainer move because it will drastically increase their customer base, not sure what is holding them back.
The fact that Tesla owners will only use their network as a last resort.

They aren't going to invest a bunch of money into supporting Tesla when Tesla's car navigation ignores them. Only time Tesla users would even look for an EVGo charger is if they can't get somewhere on Tesla's network. As Tesla builds out their network, that's fewer and fewer locations.

Hey, don't laugh at him. Predictions supposed to be about the future, otherwise they are pointless.
So, if he called the bottom in February and it happened in June, then he did good: 4 months ahead of time prediction.

Except the bottom for the QQQ was June 16, not today:

sc.QQQ.YTD-Chart.2022-07-13.13-24.png

I reserve my right to laugh at Cramer, a priori. :p

Cheers!

For Electrify America, it might be construed as going against their court order if they offered Tesla plugs. I seem to remember that the order specifically was for CCS and Chademo.

• Informative
Reactions: JWM3
So Tesla is beating the heck out of the broader market today. And I haven't seen any obvious reason.

Would it be too crazy to suggest that Warren Buffet is putting his BYD money into Tesla?
To follow up on the options sentiment:
Max pain (=trend in the option market) for Friday is 720. We habe put-walls (= resistance/support below) at 700, 650. Call-walls at 750, 800.
Calls/puts about even between 700-750 with target being the mentioned 720.

So.. SP rises "magically" to 720 and kind of "sticks" there.. everything "normal" market stuff 🤷‍♀️

To follow up on the options sentiment:
Max pain (=trend in the option market) for Friday is 720. We habe put-walls (= resistance/support below) at 700, 650. Call-walls at 750, 800.
Calls/puts about even between 700-750 with target being the mentioned 720.

So.. SP rises "magically" to 720 and kind of "sticks" there.. everything "normal" market stuff 🤷‍♀️
Look on the bright side....at least max pain is not at $650 :)

On Wednesday, Canaccord analyst George Gianarikas assumed coverage of Tesla with a Buy rating and $801 price target. He sees electric-vehicle demand continuing to grow and believes Tesla will remain the EV leader.

Pretty sure VW sold off or is in the process of selling off their stake in EA. This would absolve EA of any such requirement.
I would expect that the courts would have to approve any sale if the consent decree is still in force. At that time, any other requirements may or may not be dropped. But it would be a good time to revisit the terms of the consent decree, so that's a good thought.

I did a quick search for the actual terms of the consent decree and came up empty. But I don't have time to search any more.

Reactions: Beltsbear