Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
... unless its those very same MMs buying said Calls. ;)

There is a lot of money to made by trading stocks when you have all the advantages including the moment-by-moment supply and demand data the market makers have on their side. Market makers are not supposed to become speculators because it exposes the system to the risk they take on (and creates an unfair two-tier system). The market makers are the equivalent of the referees who run the game, they are not supposed to bet on the game. But lax oversight and a good-ol-boy network has regulators looking the other way, as long as market makers can continue to convince regulators they have it all under control.

The regulators don't seem to mind that this distorts free markets as long as they can help their buddies out. There will be a high-paying job waiting for them when they have "worn-out" their "public service" being a regulator. People who think this is just another far out conspiracy theory are more naive than those who buy Nikola stock. It's absolutely the way the system works. And that why the SEC didn't stop Bernie Madoff until he could no longer meet his redemption obligations. They looked the other way even when they were handed completely damning evidence.

I don't find this a valid reason not to invest but it is certainly why I'm a long-term investor and not a trader and why I will only play options when special situations develop. Basically, these special situations are when market makers are getting burned. Those who lose money playing options (or make very small returns) are actually helping the market makers do their dirty work. The fact that you might make a small income every week selling covered calls is just the price market makers are willing to pay for supplying a much larger number of shares when they need them. And they will eventually need them, that's why you get paid to offer them.

Last edited:

Model Y SR+ 72kWh pack?

LMFP.jpg

As its their first mass production electric vehicle, isn't the Model S's initial ramp up a better fit?

/me ducks and covers
There’s validity to that, but **** ****. You want to go around beating your chest about how good you are and what you’re going to do, blah, blah, blah, then we compare your measly offering to the boss of the market. Suck it, Ford.

(I suspect that the ADR information is also a red herring. These are TSLA shares the international folk are holding, with a 1:1 economic relationship. The issue is - I think - an administrative one of forming the voting link in a timely and cost-effective and scalable manner).

The European Union is very strong on consumer protections. it would seem they should regulate those who offer securities to EU consumers by requiring them to come with voting rights. You can't offer the product if you strip away the right to vote that the ownership of those shares comes with.

Two items:

1. References to others’ YouTube videos, etc., are not prohibited - as always, WHAT is of value therein always should be presented in a post. HOWEVER: participants here have become complacent in following strict TMC rules.
Do not advocate for the “liking”, patronizing or otherwise promoting any such. TMC is not an advertising platform for any others. To make this crystal clear, there is no way for anyone to determine if you are not sockpuppeting your brother-in-law’s little pet…or even your own.

2. Xenophobia is ugly and demeaning of any who engage in it. That it is occurring in a platform dedicated to a company whose very existence and mission is to better the PLANET only makes it more reprehensible, as well as bizarre and counterproductive.

Hope you share it too? Bob would love this, I think his trading is similar but not so mathematical. However, I'm going to share my small HODLing slip up recently so folks understand the risks of missing out.

So speaking of day trading, I think now would be the worst time to play the skimming game. I don't do this (much ever), but I think the strategy would have better success if done during boring flat spots between earnings etc (if they exist), then only skim small amounts and often (or not at all). But when there's potential for a pop, then popcorn seems more appropriate.

Case and point, I managed to let about 50 shares slip away. I was nervous on the macro and had very low cash reserves for this landscape. So I was day trading a tiny bit as I gained some confidence in my small winnings each week. However, the plan WAS to get that 50 back but I never bought it because for the past 5 days there was no opportunity at all. Now, we're WAY past my last sell and so I can kiss those shares goodbye.

All good, cash maybe be needed, but a part of me feels like I just did it again, recalling the 420 days. Only then I went into cash WAY too soon on about 1/3 of it. After that event levelled out and a new, higher valuation stuck around more, the buying started on what was perceived as a "good deal" and yet way higher than my last sell. That's the punishment that comes much later on.

Great time to HODL!
Genetics are super hard to overcome, huh? 😉

Ok enough fun and games. When will these legacies learn? BMW uses prismatic cells btw. What makes me scratch my head is wth were they doing during the shake down of these cars?

Then... hmm somewhere along that road someone at BMW realized hey we should like copy Tesla. :D

Oh I wanna put this failboat into context for yall.
Btw, I wanted to tie this into the other BMW fire that happened days before the recall. Any wonder if the i3 fire is related to the i4/iX, you know since they share platform/battery tech.

Anyways in China this i3 was on a customer test drive when it caught fire. The customer streamed the whole thing apparently much to BMW's dismay. I looked around and no major news outlet is covering any of the BMW fires, surprised?

watch-bmw-i3-sedan-catches-fire-during-a-test-drive-customer-probably-dodged-a-bullet_1.jpg

Btw, I wanted to tie this into the other BMW fire that happened days before the recall. Any wonder if the i3 fire is related to the i4/iX, you know since they share platform/battery tech.

Anyways in China this i3 was on a customer test drive when it caught fire. The customer streamed the whole thing apparently much to BMW's dismay. I looked around and no major news outlet is covering any of the BMW fires, surprised?

watch-bmw-i3-sedan-catches-fire-during-a-test-drive-customer-probably-dodged-a-bullet_1.jpg

I wonder if they bought the car after that test drive?

Thanks, IIRC both of us were at that event, and both bought Tesla just after. It was a memorable event, not only because we met Robert Sumwalt, whose work tended to center on airline safety, since he'd been a political for US Airways/Piedmont and ran their safety program. He hadn't a clue about batteries, but the entire board disgust with Boeing was palpable. Had he still been around I'm confident the Bolt fires and other pouch issues would have had more robust investigation.

FWIW, I am much older than that other person.
Ah, yes, I see

disclosure: I own a Chinese origin BEV. I prefer my Plaid, but the Volvo does work.

really

The sounds you hear is the crying from all call buyers for this week that thought they were golden on Monday morning.

MM’s thoroughly laying the smack down and showing just how easily they can cap this thing. All of the outperformance for the week is gone now.
But how is TSLA performing today…..?

Hopefully MMD is almost over and TSLA can perform like the rest of macro (Amazon and apple) in the 2-4%+ up range. All this WITHOUT the company split effecting the SP performance.
In reality as long as TSLA dosnt drop if the macro does, I’m satisfied….for now

Reactions: Nocturnal