Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good thing the MM's are here today to "provide liquidity in the marketplace". Lol!

FAANG up 1.2-2.3%
All of EVs and automotive up 2-4%
NASDAQ green shade deepening

I can't see this pushdown holding, we should be up 4.5% and climbing.
Shorts that had to get out for the split are probably piling back in (i.e. selling a ton of stock they don't own).

Manipulators fighting hard to keep TSLA below the mid-Bollinger Band ($297.65). Large sell orders (14,000 - 15,000 shares) being put in to drive down the price as TSLA approached the mid-Bollinger Band.
Or maybe Elon decided to sell some more shares, you always need to consider that possibility! :p

How long can these guys sell discounted TSLA shares before they quit? We shall see!

Untitled.png

Interesting observation is that my trader SAXO in The Netherlands does not allow option trading at this time. Stuck with tomorrows options for now. According to the SAXO tradersdesk, option trading was stopped due to the trading chaos. However, the Max-pain website clearly does show option volumes for tomorrow.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Krugerrand
No one talking Fed today, if news was
Good thing the MM's are here today to "provide liquidity in the marketplace". Lol!

FAANG up 1.2-2.3%

So MMD it is.

It looks like there's some rain in Sichuan, which should help with power shortages caused by drought.
At least, this forecast says its raining every day from now on out and there's a deluge coming on monday:

Maybe a serious flooding kind of downpour on monday, but I dont know whats normal for the region.

Just came to the realization that Avg Volume is now 3x what it was before the split.

So much to keep up with so early in the day...

Edit: NASDAQ has shown the AVG VOL at 30M briefly since I last looked, and now is back at the 87M it was showing earlier. Time needed for them to work out the bugs in their system.

Last edited:

FAANG up 1.2-2.3%

Day and and day out you’ve been optimistic about wall St not being able to hold the stock down. Might be time to just accept the stock is dead in the water for the time being 🤷.

We now have what was supposed to be positive catalyst pass with no rally at all and as others have pointed out, the naked shorting will resume in earnest today. There’s nothing in terms of a catalyst until Oct 1st, so probably best to wonder how much TSLA will underperform the macro market between now and then

Last edited:
Yeah, volume is certainly much higher than normal. Probably due to new options traders at these lower prices.
Arrrg. Stoopid NASDAQ was showing AVG VOL at 87M a few minutes ago. Now it is back to around 30M.
EDIT: and now back to 87M.

I don't think more coffee is gonna help. I just need to give the reporting software a little more time to settle any further discrepancies after the split.

Last edited:
At the risk of not commenting about the magical wonders of division by 3 (how many pages can we write on that?), there is a nice article on CleanTechnica about the early "free trade partner" resource scramble already set off by the passage of the Inflation Reduction Act.
Some main topic summaries:
  • VW and Mercedes are looking quickly to Canada to supply cobalt and lithium (the latter currently ~100% untapped).
  • Hyundai accelerates its Georgia (US) plant for manufacturing EVs, pushing for late 2024 opening
Full link here.

Ant logic deems this the best news he has heard in a good while because this might be the reason there was no run-up of the stock just before the split. If the last split caused the shorts to feel a ton of pain then they might have decided to switch to this game plan. And that means the naked short covering will start tomorrow for some of the MM's tomorrow. We will see. A two day firework show? You can take this as solid financial advice...from an ant.

AS an aside, I feel as though this Elon dude is a pretty fart smeller. He is the straw that stirs the drink. He sold when he knew the moment was there. This made it so he could get what he needed without nose-diving the stock. WHile I don't like how it blocked the momentum it was probably the most favorable strategy for us.
Yeah Luke? really? the stock ain't zooming but the stock market is doing very well. You ants don't know pooh from poi.

Interesting. What´s the source, sounds like you did the research yourself?
Yes, I downloaded the daily stock price data since Jan 2020 from the Wall Street Journal website and then did the rest of it myself. I picked WSJ just because it was the first site I could find with an easy way to download the info in CSV format. I had been wanting to do this analysis for months and finally did it yesterday.

Here’s my spreadsheet with this and other stuff under construction. Nothing’s been adjusted yet for the stock split.

Last edited: