Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
CNBC now says Ron Baron at 7:05 for those interested.
Tesla starts at 2:54, Other than the tweet caption, he also said - Tesla will 3-5x in the next 10 years.

"I love Tesla. We've been investing in Tesla for 8 years now. We've made about 20 times our money," says Ron Baron. "I think in the next 10 years Tesla is going to be the largest company in the world and in the 10 years after that it will be challenged by Spacex

Last edited:
Well, color me impressed.

My E*Trade account correctly shows a SP of $297.10 and has tripled my number of shares!

😳

Unfortunately, RBC has been playing dirty again, they did not bother to cover their naked shorts in time:
Date: 22 Aug 2022 03:37 PM ET
Please note that after market close on Wednesday, August 24th, the common shares of Tesla Inc will undergo a 3-for-1 stock split and shares will begin trading on a split-adjusted basis as of Thursday, August 25th. </p> <p>If you are a holder of TSLA common shares as of market close on Wednesday, August 24th, you will be entitled to receive additional common shares of TSLA which will be deposited into your account(s) by Monday, August 29th.
Please also note that all good through orders for TSLA common shares placed before market close on Wednesday, August 24th will be cancelled after market close on Wednesday, August 24th.

On the other hand, my IBKR-Canada account shows the correct (tripled) share count and new price ($302.30 at the moment of this posting).

ps: Barchart seems to be a lil' confused:
1661433379382.png

On the chart it shows the adjusted price, but the watchlist table shows pre-split price and +200% price change, LOL I wish that was correct...

Last edited:
Tesla starts at 2:54, Other than the tweet caption, he also said - Tesla will 3-5x in the next 10 years.

"I love Tesla. We've been investing in Tesla for 8 years now. We've made about 20 times our money," says Ron Baron. "I think in the next 10 years Tesla is going to be the largest company in the world and in the 10 years after that it will be challenged by Spacex

That's IT?? Is that 30 seconds all Ron Baron has to say about Tesla??

I'd gotten so worked up I'd soiled my armor.

So, as of now, the All Time High for TSLA is $414.50. Splits are confusing.

Last edited:
The only way to get a read on what is possible is model a combination of wind and solar in various locations, with many years of weather data.

I have heard that wind is good in Germany in winter specifically off shore wind, in summer I bet solar does a lot better in Germany that it does in winter.
Solar is cheap enough to work for Germany in summer.

Finally the the EU could get together and arrange some HDVC links to land in northern Italy. West side - Spain + Morocco, East Side - Greece + Turkey.
Just the threat of building the HDVC links might make the Russians realise their gas threat has an expiry date.

For the project above, running a 3.2 GW link for 4,200 KM is estimated to cost roughly $12 Billion AUD. That includes a challenging deep water section which they probably don't have in the Med Sea.

The Morocco to Turin link seems to be roughly 2,000 KM by plane, the sea route might be a bit longer.
Almost every location bordering on or in the Mediterranean Sea has quite strong solar irradiance. Much European/UK wind power is based in the same area that has long been the North Sea oil fields, plus the Baltics. From a Tesla perspective storage is the most crucial issue, closely followed by grid structure and grid services. Tesla tends to emphasize solar for good reasons, but wind can be and is a quite stable powerful resource, especially in area that are somewhat disadvantages in solar irradiance.

We have some excellent threads on all this, and the Tesla Energy role.

The difference right now is the accelerating crisis. Grid expansion and strengthening can help reduce the unsupportable crisis conditions, almost globally. Tesla is leading several parts of this with VPP's and other distributed solutions. Sadly, national and corporate bureaucracy tends to see only the risk of change and the loss of traditional benefits.

All my Fidelity shares and options look correct. A pleasant surprise.

Pretty massive premarket volume of 2.1M shares traded. A pop to $307 at the open as I assume broker algos bought to fill the gap of new shares they need to deliver.

Sat around $303-304 for a lot of the early premarket.

Looks like a green macro morning. Asia markets are up ahead of Jackson Hole.

Wake me up when we hit $420.69!

...Pretty massive premarket volume of 2.1M shares traded. A pop to $307 at the open as I assume broker algos bought to fill the gap of new shares they need to deliver.

Sat around $303-304 for a lot of the early premarket.

Looks like a green macro morning. Asia markets are up ahead of Jackson Hole.

Wake me up when we hit $420.69!
I'm pretty sure that premarket volume is three times less impressive than you think it is.

Tesla demands removal of video of cars hitting child-size mannequins

The cease-and-desist letter from Tesla leaned on an investigation by the news site Electrek, which alleged Tesla’s “Full Self-Driving” Beta “never engaged” during the Dawn Project’s test using mannequins. Aspects of the report have since come into question, after the Dawn Project pointed to raw data and other information indicating Full Self-Driving was activated during the demonstrations.

“The purported tests misuse and misrepresent the capabilities of Tesla’s technology, and disregard widely recognized testing performed by independent agencies as well as the experiences shared by our customers,” Tesla deputy general counsel Dinna Eskin wrote in the letter dated Aug. 11, the day after the Electrek article.

The letter demands the campaign immediately remove the videos and accused the group of “unsafe and improper use” of FSD Beta. “Your actions actually put consumers at risk,” Tesla alleged.
Cease-and-desist orders sometimes precede a lawsuit, but can also be used to convince an opponent to back down under the threat of legal action.
O’Dowd dismissed the order.
“This letter is so pathetic in terms of whining: Mr. Free Speech Absolutist, just a crybaby hiding behind his lawyers,” O’Dowd said in an interview. (Musk has said he supports free speech and welcomes criticism.)
O’Dowd said he did not intend to take down the video commercial, and instead pledged more money into the effort.