Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know we feel it hasn't been a great year for TSLA. but in fact we're up 22% (nothin' to sneeze at), and TSLA is best among tech cos.:

1663001291496.png

And think about all the Meta investors! TSLA is now worth more than double what used to be Facebook:

1663001977629.png

Last edited:
Looking forward to checking it out today. Both our cars got the update yesterday. I love NOA and use it daily in horrid SoCal traffic. Turn on at ramp. Turn off at exit. 34 miles. Hour commute so much better and I arrive at work or at home in a non-grumpy state. Makes workers and wife happy too.

Now, this FSD/City stuff is appalling. Sorry. Every beta release I try it out a day or two and then leave to next update. I watch the videos and it looks great. But I get

• Straight runs on turns.
  • Wrong lane selections.
  • Jerky wheel motions.
  • Phantom braking.
  • Path contradictions to nav.
  • Run into gates

Yes, what they have done is still impressive, just scares me. I find it absolutely amazing that there have been no accidents with 100k testers out there. Maybe most just turn it off like me? Skewing the numbers.

Hoping this release is the one to allay some of my trepidations.
I've had the same experiences and unfortunately this release is not significantly better.

Look out Amazon- you're next!

Tesla should already be worth more than Amazon. Tesla will make more profit than Amazon this year. Tesla will make more profit than Amazon next year. Tesla will make more profit than Amazon every year in the foreseeable future. Amazon has negative cash flow while Tesla has strong positive cash flow. Etc.

That one is nice and all, but this one, with batteries and motors, will be the perfect companion for any trailering BEV.

Tesla-pulling-Airstream-eStream.jpg
What model is that? Looks great, just thought the new one would be more appropriate for BEV's as it's relatively light for an Airstream. And it looks pretty cool too!

Edit:. I take it back, that is one cool trailer! It can actually improve your mileage/range and it comes with a remote control! I'm sold.

Last edited:
Tesla should already be worth more than Amazon. Tesla will make more profit than Amazon this year. Tesla will make more profit than Amazon next year. Tesla will make more profit than Amazon every year in the foreseeable future. Amazon has negative cash flow while Tesla has strong positive cash flow. Etc.
Mr. Market has his own notions. I predict Tesla surpasses Amazon in market cap by June 6th, next year.

I know we feel it hasn't been a great year for TSLA. but in fact we're up 22% (nothin' to sneeze at), and TSLA is best among tech cos.:

View attachment 851690

And think about all the Meta investors! TSLA is now worth more than double what used to be Facebook:

View attachment 851709
Yup, even with all the noise (and there is plenty), Tesla is doing better than their peers. As they should given the financials. This will likely continue as Tesla continues to print.

On Amazon, they are being given a large benefit of doubt on their growth. I'd argue too much frankly, but I understand it given their dominance in certain areas and running their growth by any means right into economic headwinds. When that sentiment changes (and eventually it will), they could be in line for a huge drop unless they turn things around financiallly.

Depends on your definition of year.
TSLA on the first trading day of this year opened at $382.58 and reached intraday high over $400 (split adjusted numbers).
So relative to the start of this year we are down about 30%, which I would not call a great year...

October of previous year has been great, though, so if you compare to before that we are still up, but ATH was November 4th of last year, and we are far down from there.

In the majority of US states (38 out of 50 last I knew) there is no "right to privacy" regarding a conversation you're part of (that is- any person part of it can legally record it without the consent of anyone else involved)- even in a bedroom (and actually for in person ones, even more states only require 1 person consent, those 12 that require two party often only do so for NOT in person convos)

Interesting, Nevada is in that boat (in person requires 1 party consent, on the phone requires 2 party)- but that doesn't restrict you if you're outside NV, have the right to be on the call, and are recording-- also, business calls are often recorded by default (with an announcement at the start that it will be recorded) in which case there's nothing stopping you from ALSO recording it yourself.
The issue is not that the law allows a participant to record the audio, but a journalistic standard or ethics that the media would follow not to publish an internal meeting notes of a company

• Funny
Reactions: Drumheller
Well we now find ourselves in the last two market hours before lord-knows-what. CPI tomorrow morning in my mind dictates a Fed rate raise of .75 or .5 a week from Wednesday. Also might love their eventual target rate higher.

.5 and .75 IMO is also the barrier to a soft landing.

If CPI is good enough to merit a .5 raise, I think we can find a good path out of this mini-recession. If CPI is somehow terrible and Fed feels they need to keep up the pressure.....I think we're in for a mess.

Big freakin day tomorrow.

Depends on your definition of year.
TSLA on the first trading day of this year opened at $382.58 and reached intraday high over $400 (split adjusted numbers).
So relative to the start of this year we are down about 30%, which I would not call a great year...

October of previous year has been great, though, so if you compare to before that we are still up, but ATH was November 4th of last year, and we are far down from there.
In financial terms, that's not "year" like in my post, it's year-to-date (YTD), or possibly "year so far". Why are people so argumentative on this forum?? Why don't you create your own post about how crummy TSLA has been year-to-date instead of suggesting I made a mistake? (sheesh)

Is there a target date for this release? Couldn’t find anything.

They've been putting out chatter about the model for a year or so. I guess it may have gone from concept to prototype by now. If I HAD to know I'd go dig around in some Airstream user forums.

Hopefully, it will be out by just after my CyberTruck is delivered. But, I'm like 1.5 million deep in the CT queue, so, probably an easy bet.

Well we now find ourselves in the last two market hours before lord-knows-what. CPI tomorrow morning in my mind dictates a Fed rate raise of .75 or .5 a week from Wednesday. Also might love their eventual target rate higher.

If CPI is good enough to merit a .5 raise, I think we can find a good path out of this mini-recession. If CPI is somehow terrible and Fed feels they need to keep up the pressure.....I think we're in for a mess.

Yup, exactly how I feel. Will be a huge day for the market.

Luckily I think the data we have now does show we should be in good shape. Still going to be high, but MoM should have deflation and core YoY should be under 6. But a surprise high print could be a big test for a number of support levels.

Agreed; big day tomorrow.

I'm in the camp that thinks CPI numbers will come in tame tomorrow, BUT the Fed still clings to .75 increase. Powell is sticking to his guns on doing everything in his power to keep inflation in check, even though there is plenty of data/evidence that indicates we have reached a peak in inflation.

I don't know how the market will react to the above scenario. We are totally agreed that if the number comes in hot, we're in for a mess.

Agreed; big day tomorrow.

I'm in the camp that thinks CPI numbers will come in tame tomorrow, BUT the Fed still clings to .75 increase. Powell is sticking to his guns on doing everything in his power to keep inflation in check, even though there is plenty of data/evidence that indicates we have reached a peak in inflation.

I don't know how the market will react to the above scenario. We are totally agreed that if the number comes in hot, we're in for a mess.
I'm also(as usual) skipping all the possible grey area. Powell may stick to .75 and indicate .25/.25 for the next two. Or just speak to a general "slowing".

I think literally that one word would have the same risk-on impact, even with a .75 raise.

We shall see!

I wonder if the renewables transition is taken into account when they look at rates? All these laws have been passed, but a lot of it is based on huge private investment. Not a great time to move solar/wind financing from 2% to 5%.

Let us not forget.....all this renewables build out is inherently stimulative AND deflationary!