Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This time it's different! There's math to be done this time around, so for once it's not "all relative".

You can only "cry wolf" so many times before it starts sounding ridiculous though. There have been so many calls for "this time" over the course of 2022 but in the end the macro environment prevails, holding TSLA down all the while.

I'm still unconvinced even a record breaking quarter can boost the SP much past $330 or so, even despite the financial math. I feel the PE Ratio will simply be compressed even more rather than the stock price going upwards, at least until the macros turn around with confidence, and I don't see that happening for 6-12 months or so given all that's going on with the world economy currently.

TSLA isn't the problem, the stock market is.

The good news is that max pain is at 285 for tomorrow ;)

Com'on MMs where U @ ? ;)
I'm sure they'd be perfectly fine expiring the calls at $280 as well. That ses to be the plan.

Screenshot_20220929-113802_Chrome.jpg

Gonna be a wildly volatile few weeks!

Last edited:
Reactions: SOULPEDL
You can only "cry wolf" so many times before it starts sounding ridiculous though. There have been so many calls for "this time" over the course of 2022 but in the end the macro environment prevails, holding TSLA down all the while.

I'm still unconvinced even a record breaking quarter can boost the SP much past $330 or so, even despite the financial math. I feel the PE Ratio will simply be compressed even more rather than the stock price going upwards, at least until the macros turn around with confidence, and I don't see that happening for 6-12 months or so given all that's going on with the world economy currently.

TSLA isn't the problem, the stock market is.
Everything bullish is predicated on blowout earnings. They were supposed to arrive in 2Q and they're a quarter late. No big deal.

All these shenanigans have bent people's minds I to a pretzel. Ya gotta just stick to basics. Massive earnings combined with massive growth is good.

PEs don't "compress", that's not a thing. People decide how much they'd be will to sell shares for, and that's the price.

Pikes peak highway runs from 14,000 feet down to about 7000 in just 20 miles. There is a mandatory brake check part way down. I used my brakes once - for a bighorn sheep in the road.

The guy at the brake check seemed very confused that our brakes were colder than ambient (since it was colder at 14k ft than 10k).

By the end I was getting limited regen, but I'd think semis would solve this by just keeping the battery a bit warmer when going over a big pass or whatever.
How many miles of regen did you get over the whole 20- mile, 7,000' decline?

Reactions: TN Mtn Man
I'm sure they'd be perfectly fine expiring the calls at $280 as well. That ses to be the plan.

View attachment 858168

Gonna be a wildly volatile few weeks!
Next week... Shorts are ignoring it for now. Focused on this week, cautious on next?
Pondering... "Maybe we can't do this forever, let's see what the Robot can do first, could be a trap."

Hopeful ;)

1664473556062.png

How many miles of regen did you get over the whole 20- mile, 7,000' decline?
If I recall correctly I used like 30% on the way up and got like 15% back on the way down. (I don't use the display in miles)

Probably could have used less up and regenerated more down, but I was driving 'spiritedly'. Not a lot of passing opportunities but those few were nice.

FWIW this was in a MYP with the stock Ubers and low-life pirellis.

Next week... Shorts are ignoring it for now. Focused on this week, cautious on next?
Pondering... "Maybe we can't do this forever, let's see what the Robot can do first, could be a trap."

Hopeful ;)

View attachment 858172
If TSLA can stay above 270 we get to 310+ by earnings. If we close below 270 we make a quick trip to 250....or so the TA folks have led me to believe. I personally dabbled today with some Jan 2023 options. I think TSLA profit is bonkers and the real wild card is Investment grade.

Just one gamblers view not advice.

On the bright side. I received my new Model y Performance last Saturday. It replaced a Model Y LR that had been totaled. This is my 4th Tesla since 2012 and it’s the first one that is is absolutely flawless in every way. Also of note, I have two friends who received Model 3s in the last month, again, both were flawless.

If I recall correctly I used like 30% on the way up and got like 15% back on the way down. (I don't use the display in miles)

Probably could have used less up and regenerated more down, but I was driving 'spiritedly'. Not a lot of passing opportunities but those few were nice.

FWIW this was in a MYP with the stock Ubers and low-life pirellis.
I love mountains/elevation passes in the Tesla. I used to drive through Malibu Canyon Rd daily with the typical drive up to summit (~2,500 ft) and back down to the coast (sea level). The drive up was always labored in ICEV with downshifts, noises, and effort and the drive down was always trying not to overheat the brakes (I've been to the light at PCH with complete brake fade more than once). In the Tesla, all this is gone. It's easy. I love how uneventful it is in an EV. Oh, and I get some of that energy back too!

OT because the market SUCKS today.

Everything bullish is predicated on blowout earnings. They were supposed to arrive in 2Q and they're a quarter late. No big deal.

All these shenanigans have bent people's minds I to a pretzel. Ya gotta just stick to basics. Massive earnings combined with massive growth is good.

PEs don't "compress", that's not a thing. People decide how much they'd be will to sell shares for, and that's the price.

Q3 earnings finna be lit son

• Informative
Reactions: Big Time
Apparently Piper Sandler cut their delivery estimates and thus their PT.................what was their delivery estimate in the first place? It's behind Barron's paywall so I can't see the details (and I really don't feel like digging through the internet to find their latest analyst note)
It was part of Rob's Tesla Daily. And according to the note, he cut his PT due to rates, not deliveries.

Pikes peak highway runs from 14,000 feet down to about 7000 in just 20 miles. There is a mandatory brake check part way down. I used my brakes once - for a bighorn sheep in the road.

The guy at the brake check seemed very confused that our brakes were colder than ambient (since it was colder at 14k ft than 10k).

By the end I was getting limited regen, but I'd think semis would solve this by just keeping the battery a bit warmer when going over a big pass or whatever.

Was it because of pack temp or SOC?

I ask because putting 10's of KW in of energy into it for an extended period of time would tend to heat it up, unless ambient temps were cold enough to counteract even that...

Reactions: UncaNed
Reactions: ShareLofty