Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Here is what it’s like for Chinese “competition” after Tesla lowered price back to where they were a few months ago.

“Of all the EV brands, Tesla is the only one can increase/decrease prices at will(without hurting brand perception)”

Feels funny some people fall for that manufactured excuse to hammer TSLA.

Wow. Waiting for the Accountant to show F's auto margins without income from Ford Financial.... 👀

Ford's Argo AI impairment of $2.7B was booked in Other Expense (below the Operating Income line).
Ford actually shows some improvement in Operating Income Margin.
I corrected the GM number from a previous posting (I had an input error).

Auto Operating Margins:
Ford Improving
GM Flat
Tesla Rules

1666828552987.png

Man, I hope my former spouse speaks as highly of me as Elon's does of him:
Don't all of Musk's exes speak well of him?

Not necessarily great at being a spouse (she mentions this), but most of them seem to get along with him and speak well of him after they've split.

By far not a Musk-family-life expert here, but I know he gets along very well with Grimes as well.

Don't all of Musk's exes speak well of him?

Not necessarily great at being a spouse (she mentions this), but most of them seem to get along with him and speak well of him after they've split.

By far not a Musk-family-life expert here, but I know he gets along very well with Grimes as well.
That does makes me wonder how his former and current spouses get along however... might be some jealousy there, but then again maybe not, with the kids and all.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Sold all my FB in June of 2018 and dumped it all in to TSLA. Wow what a great decision that was. I didn't like the direction the product was going and just thought it could only go downhill.

Well played lol.

Since 6/18 TSLA has more than 10x while if you still held FB it would only be worth half.. 😳

I'm feeling more confident.

Earlier in the month, TSLA would have been down 4-6% easily, given MSFT and GOOG earnings misses and broader Nasdaq performance today. The fact we were up today speaks to some combination of:
  1. Severely oversold
  2. TWTR overhang lifting
  3. Relative strength/performance of Tesla (the company, not the stock) against other bellwethers
  4. Wall Street/HFs/Shorts starting to see it doesn't make sense to remain short TSLA?
  5. Already looking like a great start to Q4
Funny that I was not nervous in any way overnight or when I woke up today despite the huge dissappointing earnings reports yesterday. And I was not surprised when I first looked at the ticker and saw TSLA was over-performing. Likewise, I don't feel nervous after seeing META's earnings.

As oversold as TSLA is, I think we will outperform the broader markets for the rest of the year. Who knows day by day, but I like how things are setting up.

All of which of course probably means TSLA will gap down tomorrow. :rolleyes:
Talking about the overall market, keep an eye on dollar strength and corresponding moves in bond yields:

20221026 USD.jpg

20221026 TEN year.jpg

Notice the correlation between the two. This provides backstop and buying signal for market, especially for high multiple 'risk' stock. The strength of the market today in the face of earnings failures by mega techs has a lot to do with this. The positive futures you see for tomorrow have to do with the continuing weakness in the USD and dropping yields, META results be damned. This has also put in a bid under oil.

AND I see TSLA closing over 226 in AH session.

Ford's Argo AI impairment of $2.7B was booked in Other Expense (below the Operating Income line).
Ford actually shows some improvement in Operating Income Margin.
I corrected the GM number from a previous posting (I had an input error).

Auto Operating Margins:
Ford Improving
GM Flat
Tesla Rules

View attachment 867927

Those GM Financing and Ford Credit numbers are eye-watering. They must really rake their buyers over the coals on finance rates.

Helpful, but not having an established car manufacturing base can be a feature rather than a bug. Neither Austin nor Berlin had a car manufacturing base and that hasn't seemed to impact Tesla negatively in operating there.

Yeah, its a 103 mile drive from to Gigafactory Texas in Austin to Toyota Motor Manufacturing Texas in San Antonio (where TMMTX builds the Toyota Sequoia SUV). But that's only because they moved Tacoma production to Mexico...

Fun Fact: Toyota produce the Tacoma at NUMMI until 2008 2010 when they sold the Fremont, CA factory to Tesla. :D

Last edited:
I am seeing the DOJ article B.S. in multiple places now. A swear, if I hear mention of it on the national Nightly News tonight I'm going to lose it. They are doing everything they can to stop the Twitter deal news from raising the SP....
So, The Mountain news station (there are 3 stations to choose from; Country (and news) Christian, & I’m not really sure how to classify the last 😳) had a news bit on Elon Musk walking into Twitter headquarters carrying a sink. I kid you not. 🤷🏻

Those GM Financing and Ford Credit numbers are eye-watering. They must really rake their buyers over the coals on finance rates.
Our Explorer is 0% from Ford Credit...
Yeah, its a 103 mile drive from to Gigafactory Texas in Austin to Toyota Motor Manufacturing Texas in San Antonio (where TMMTX builds the Toyota Sequoia SUV). But that's only because they moved Tacoma production to Mexico...

Fun Fact: Toyota produce the Tacoma at NUMMI until 2008 when they sold the Fremont, CA factory to Tesla. :D
Last Tacoma was made in NUMMI on March 26th 2010. Last car at NUMMI was a red Corolla built on April 1, 2010. Tesla bought it a few months later sans most equipment.
The Last Toyota Tacoma Leaves NUMMI
GM, Toyota Joint Venture NUMMI Built Its Last Car

Tesla bought the plant for $42 million. Otherwise known as 420 hundred grands...

Last edited: