Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First Rule of Venture Capital Investing: You don't invest in ideas and companies, you invest in executive leadership. There's only a very finite number of people with the skills and traits necessary to make a business a success. Musk has them all, in spades. I'd jump at the chance to invest on the ground floor of anything he was going to lead. Wouldn't you?

First Rule of Venture Capital Investing: You don't invest in ideas and companies, you invest in executive leadership. There's only a very finite number of people with the skills and traits necessary to make a business a success. Musk has them all, in spades. I'd jump at the chance to invest on the ground floor of anything he was going to lead. Wouldn't you?
I wouldn't invest in Twitter period and think it's absolutely silly to sell any amount of Tesla to buy Twitter, but that's just me. But I think Twitter could stop existing right now and the world would have lost nothing of value.

Does anyone see a common pattern with Elon and his companies?

When SpaceX was started, they laughed. A handful of years later SpaceX is now leading the space industry.
Rocket science / technology, engineering focused company lead by a genius engineer with physics background. First Principles!
When Tesla started, they laughed. A handful of years later, Tesla is now leading the EV revolution.
EV technology, engineering focused company lead by a genius engineer with physics background.First Principles!

When Elon took over Twitter, they laughed. A handful of years later…
technology, engineering social media company lead by a person suffering from Asperger's syndrome

Can you spot the difference ?

ps: I take it, that those who "disagree" with my question can not spot the difference

Last edited:
Difference is in the eye of beholder.
Social media company builds software that runs on hardware.
The best thing it can do is to IGNORE social aspects of usage of such SW and HW. Let its users do that.
The moment it stops ignoring, it becomes an idea promoter/suppressor and starts serving just part of the society.

Imagine being a shareholder who sold out now only to find out in future that.
  • Q4 production and deliveries are great.
  • A substantial share buyback happens early in 2023.
  • The Semi and Cybertruck ramps and sales go smoothly.
  • The Robotaxi and Others platform is revealed and is very popular.
  • FSD works well enough to apply for regulatory approval sometime in 2023.
  • Optimus makes good progress, and even laughs at @ZeApelido's jokes.
OK, not all of the list is certain to happen, but the last one is. :)
I think all of the list WILL happen, just not by early 2023.

Reactions: MC3OZ
technology, engineering social media company lead by a person suffering from Asperger's syndrome Software-based social media company with huge user base being transformed into a financial giant by a person benefited by being on the Autism spectrum (how does one suffer from being a genius and having the will to apply it repeatedly and effectively?) A person having a proven background in finance, code writing, and who created PayPal, who also has an uncanny ability to successfully fill a niche in a marketplace with every company he has started.
FTFY

Last edited:
Does anyone see a common pattern with Elon and his companies?

When SpaceX was started, they laughed. A handful of years later SpaceX is now leading the space industry.

When Tesla started, they laughed. A handful of years later, Tesla is now leading the EV revolution.

When Elon took over Twitter, they laughed. A handful of years later…
EXACTLY!

Laughing ensures success.

Right?

Last edited:
Nope, I don't go there. I am mostly a one-stop TMC shopper.

I do notice many can't seem to help but try and "cross pollinate" though
It is kinda annoying. I post in the Resources thread, the Tech Stocks thread, and I avoid the Twitter thread, all for good reasons. Yet people post here because their thoughts are important and must be read by the largest number of people. Sigh.

Meh.

I'm pretty sure Elon knows better than Mama Merz and her petitioners when the best time is to buy back shares. Think I'll sit this petition out.
Elon deferred to the board. The board hasn't made a decision (for tesla) their entire life ;)

we have 2 camps here, for/against buyback. If for, then definitely might be best to sign petition. Boomer mama unlike say ex-valueAnalyst has not been saying Tesla going to moon etc... so I find it highly unlikely she is playing short term/options etc.

If there is no buyback news by Jan delivery date, I am loading up on PUTS for Q4 :)

(+ just remember S&P was going to give the credit update anyway :eek: , but ya mama put a spotlight on their arses ;) )

Last edited:
Apparently

Would Tesla’s Dojo hardware be a fit for Twitter ?
Twitter might also have some AI NLP (Natural Language Processing) based engines that might be a good start for Optimus. So the Tesla engineers doing code reviews might come back to tesla with some goodies as well :)
Dojo is more of the hardware stack.(since currently it is being done using Nvidia GPUs etc.)
+btw DOJO is supposed to be built for one particular task - FSD , so initial versions might not be a good fit for other workloads/verticals)
cheers!!

Last edited:
I'm sure you were implying something much broader and more serious with 'nothing of value'.............but I sure enjoyed and found value in Twitter making my laugh out loud this morning:

Lol

Makes me think of many other instances where media personalities/celebrities said things on camera after being misled long before Twitter became a big thing. Who remembers where they were when Oprah said "Over 9000"?

Rocket science / technology, engineering focused company lead by a genius engineer with physics background. First Principles!

EV technology, engineering focused company lead by a genius engineer with physics background.First Principles!

technology, engineering social media company lead by a person suffering from Asperger's syndrome

ps: I take it, that those who "disagree" with my question can not spot the difference
I think people are not understanding what elon wants to do with twitter. Elon is an ex programmer. As a coder myself, I see why he is so frustrated with the ENGINEERING of twitter. Sure, he has views on moderation and censorship etc, but the actual engineering of twitter has been a joke. 3,000 staff and between them, over a period of years, they could not crack the technology of letting people do long-form tweets, resulting in people (even twitter staff ffs...) typing out 30-tweet long threads.

This is just shoddy, pathetically bad engineering*

Twitter has laughably poor video support, fundamentally unimaginative monetization, and a complete lack of innovation. Its very telling that elon has been arguing primarily with engineers and coders about how to change twitter. This is the most obviously broken thing.

I suspect once the software-engineering side of twitter has a hardcore group of actually competent software engineers, and a pace of innovation, he will immediately appoint a social-media-focused CEO and leave the company alone.

*I've been a programmer for 40 years, I'm not some armchair general guessing here.