Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm the embodiment of "Mad Max".

On my "best week" I was able to get and maintain a 90 driving score.

On a side note, however, FSD's score was NOT intended for high-traffic areas. I've let FSD drive most of the way home before, on several occasions, during rush hour, and my score is lower with it than without. Even though I'm not supposed to get dinged, I get dinged when FSD does an AEB because someone cuts me off to make a quick turn, etc.
V1.2 of the score extends the time you get free on disengagements from 3 seconds to 5 seconds. Maybe in the future it won't count those against you.

I wonder what impact a $7B buyback would have on the stock if it happened next week. Assuming macros were relatively flat. Maybe a 10-15% lift?
Barely a ripple, would be only a little more than 1% of market cap, and less than half a days average trading volume.

meanwhile teslas cash balance drops significantly, and probably adds another excuse for the remaining rating agencies to delay upgrading Teslas debt rating.

Barely a ripple, would be only a little more than 1% of market cap, and less than half a days average trading volume.

meanwhile teslas cash balance drops significantly, and probably adds another excuse for the remaining rating agencies to delay upgrading Teslas debt rating.
Yeah, I wasn't advocating one way or the other. Just positing the question of what effect it might have. I suspect it would be more than a ripple, but appreciate your input. :)

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
The opinion here is that this meaningless side show is going to tank the stock on Monday?

I am more inclined to look to macros.

Guess we will find out.
At some point a very public CEO’s “brand” impacts the brand of the company that CEO runs, and consequently the share price of that company. May have happened already, or maybe it hasn’t and the negative share price impact is possibly still to come - unsure which it would rather be at this point.

At some point a very public CEO’s “brand” impacts the brand of the company that CEO runs.
Hasn’t that already happened?

And the ‘brand’ that you are referring to is determined by the media at large, I take it?

Guess I am a moron for picking up a new X today instead of using the money to buy puts on TSLA. What was I thinking?

Bring it then. Let’s see the waterfall on Monday because of a useless poll that allows a politician to run his mouth some more on a social media site. Let’s see all the Teslanaires and Tesla fan bois jump ship. Let’s see the hedgies and shorties jump in on the party.

EM still has time. He can do a 24 hour poll asking whether this is the final nail in the coffin for Tesla and TSLA. And then the voice of the people can be the voice of God.

At some point a very public CEO’s “brand” impacts the brand of the company that CEO runs, and consequently the share price of that company. May have happened already, or maybe it hasn’t and the negative share price impact is possibly still to come - unsure which it would rather be at this point.
I'm left leaning and don't like any of these current shenanigans much, but I think Elon is picking up more right wingers who are now coming to like the brand for the first time, than he is losing lefties. The far right love nothing more than "sticking it to the libtards" and will now be wanting to buy Tesla's just to spite us! It's also just in time for the start of the Cybertruck roll out... everyone is getting played and doesn't even know it! In a couple of years all those MAGA ch*ds are going to be driving around in Cybertrucks...

Last edited:
I'm left leaning and don't like any of these current shenanigans much, but I think Elon is picking up more right wingers who are now coming to like the brand for the first time, than he is losing lefties. It's also just in time for the start of the Cybertruck roll out... everyone is getting played and doesn't even know it! In a couple of years all those MAGA ret**ds are going to be driving around in Cybertrucks...

Yeah, I’ve said this all along — At least the first part. Progressives will hold their nose and still buy the best and most usable EV on the market. EM just needs to keep the progress up and not stagnate: stay ahead of the competition who is still building death traps which spontaneously combust.

I think the biggest disappointment here is not musk but the Tesla board and their complete refusal to deal with the whack job CEO. I don’t care how good Tesla is doing now. Elon will bring Tesla to its knees in short order unless the board steps in fast. What a freakin goof. (Edited in goof from something else apparently offensive).

Last edited:

I agree for the most part. But EM’s recent sales were also less than 1 % I believe, and many people feel it was responsible for a 30% tank of the SP. Granted many other things at play, including a bear market and the CEO selling, but buying 7B would cause more than a ripple, although probably not as powerful a move as it was to the downside.

And don’t forget, that average trading volume is 70 to 80 % HFT silicon on most days.

That said, please just keep the money in 13 week T Bills for now. 4.25 % as I write. Could get a couple hundred mill profit per quarter. Use that to buy back as cash pile continues to skyrocket. Yeah I know, drop in the bucket….better than nothing and fortress cash pile to weather the storm remains.