Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not to rub it in but I got FSD Beta this morning. Finally after a waiting over a year. Mobile service upgraded my cameras on Wednesday in a little less than an hour. I tested positive for Covid yesterday, so I'll have a lot of time off from work to play with it. Took it for a test drive this morning and it was a lot of fun.

BASTARD!!!!

J/K . . . .congrats

/me goes to click the "software update" button a few more times

Not to rub it in but I got FSD Beta this morning. Finally after a waiting over a year. Mobile service upgraded my cameras on Wednesday in a little less than an hour. I tested positive for Covid yesterday, so I'll have a lot of time off from work to play with it. Took it for a test drive this morning and it was a lot of fun.
They stopped sending these emails last year but I think anyone using it should read it:

Hello,
We will be pushing FSD Beta Version 10.2 to your vehicle shortly!

Full Self-Driving is in limited early access Beta and must be used with additional caution. It may do the wrong thing at the worst time, so you must always keep your hands on the wheel and pay extra attention to the road. Do not become complacent. When Full Self-Driving Beta is enabled, your vehicle will make lane changes off highway, select forks to follow your navigation route, navigate around other vehicles and objects, and make left and right turns. Use Full Self-Driving Beta only if you will pay constant attention to the road, and be prepared to act immediately, especially around blind corners, crossing intersections, and in narrow driving situations. Every driver is responsible for remaining alert and active when using Autopilot and must be prepared to take action at any time.

As part of receiving FSD Beta, your vehicle has automatically opted into VIN associated telemetry sharing with Tesla, including Autopilot usage data, images and/or video. If you wish to be removed from the limited early access FSD Beta please email [email protected]

Your vehicle is running on Tesla Vision! Note that Tesla Vision also includes some temporary limitations, as noted below:

• Follow distance is limited to 2-7.
  • Autopilot top speed is 80 mph.
How to provide feedback:

• Press the "Video Record" button on the top bar UI to send an Autopilot Snapshot video clip.
    • Clips are automatically sent to the engineering team. You will not be able to view the clip.
  • You can email your feedback to [email protected].
    • In your email please include date, time, location, and if you took an Autopilot Snapshot. This helps us investigate issues, and better understand your feedback.

Thank,

The Tesla Team

Edit: yes, they said thank instead of thanks 😊
We're they looking for an instant thank you for sending the beta??

Last edited:
Governments cannot default. They can inject hyper-inflationary amounts of currency into their financial systems, but they cannot default.
As @bkp_dukeand probably by now @unk45, may have written, any nation - including the USofA - can default. It is cringing to read blatant, unforced errors in this thread 😢

Problem is the credit rating system is a sham and is completely gamed by the insiders. With the exception of AAPL and GOOG, TSLA has one of the best balance sheets there is, yet their credit rating is not remotely reflective of that.
That’s partly my point, since they won’t get it in the foreseeable future,
don’t buy stock back.
Keep it to reinvest more productively or as a cushion against an
adverse economic shock.

Don't forget to double mask while driving!

Just got 2022.36.20 (10.69.31), and finally got FSD after waiting, well, forever! Hope others in my situation (wrong software fork to get FSD sooner) get their’s soon. Safety score 89 FYI.
It's really weird what we're seeing with 10.69.3.1.

For reference on TeslaFi there are at the moment 4058 vehicles on 10.69.2.4. That's 22.2% of all the vehicles on TeslaFi.

There were, for the past week, 6 vehicles on 10.69.3. That did not change over the past week.

So the "wide release" started last night. Suddenly there were 77 installations of 10.69.3.1 pending. By this morning, all six installations of 10.69.3 had now installed 10.69.3.1. That's reasonably expected. But, at the moment, there have been 49 other installs (out of the 77, which has not increased since last night). And every single one of them has been from a non-FSD version! To be clear, not a single vehicle on 10.69.2.4 has been updated.

This is really strange. Leaving aside the fact that 77 vehicles is hardly anything like a "wide release", it's unprecedented that new installations of FSD Beta would happen first, before existing users start to be updated. I can't think of any good reason for this. Why would Tesla want to do this?

Anyway, this will probably normalize soon, but what we're seeing now is just strange.

Did my best for Q4 With a brand new Model X LR!

Is it wrong to say that I need the SP above 300 to buy more Teslas?
🤣😂🤣

What a beautiful car! Drives amazing! And yes, Mt. Kisco was packed and super busy.

36302B9D-4F5F-459A-B048-93545C530617.jpeg

It's really weird what we're seeing with 10.69.3.1.

For reference on TeslaFi there are at the moment 4058 vehicles on 10.69.2.4. That's 22.2% of all the vehicles on TeslaFi.

There were, for the past week, 6 vehicles on 10.69.3. That did not change over the past week.

So the "wide release" started last night. Suddenly there were 77 installations of 10.69.3.1 pending. By this morning, all six installations of 10.69.3 had now installed 10.69.3.1. That's reasonably expected. But, at the moment, there have been 49 other installs (out of the 77, which has not increased since last night). And every single one of them has been from a non-FSD version! To be clear, not a single vehicle on 10.69.2.4 has been updated.

This is really strange. Leaving aside the fact that 77 vehicles is hardly anything like a "wide release", it's unprecedented that new installations of FSD Beta would happen first, before existing users start to be updated. I can't think of any good reason for this. Why would Tesla want to do this?

Anyway, this will probably normalize soon, but what we're seeing now is just strange.
Maybe because v11 is right around the corner?

Citation needed

Last earnings call I heard him say it was up to the board and would make sense. I don't remember any mentioning of world stabilization
The Taiwan inevitability and 30% remark are from an interview with Roula Khalaf from the Financial Times

There are some topics that amuse Musk, eliciting prolonged laughter, and other questions that are met with deliberate silence before he speaks. The longest silence follows my question about China and the risk to Tesla’s Shanghai factory, which produces between 30 per cent and 50 per cent of Tesla’s total production. Musk has been an admirer of as well as an investor in China. But he is not immune to the gathering US-China tensions or the risk of a Chinese takeover of Taiwan. Musk says Beijing has made clear its disapproval of his recent rollout of Starlink, SpaceX’s satellite communications system, in Ukraine to help the military circumvent Russia’s cut-off of the internet. He says Beijing sought assurances that he would not sell Starlink in China.

Musk reckons that conflict over Taiwan is inevitable but he is quick to point out that he won’t be alone in suffering the consequences. Tesla will be caught up in any conflict, he says, though, curiously, he seems to assume that the Shanghai factory will still be able to supply to customers in China, but not anywhere else. “Apple would be in very deep trouble, that’s for sure . . . ” he adds, not to mention the global economy, which he estimates, with precision, will take a 30 per cent hit.

The buyback comments are @ 37:15 here

Last edited:
Speaking of Tesla Energy opportunities - TMC members are one of the very few groups that will immediately recognize the connection between Michael Cannon-Brookes and Elon, and Hornsdale’s epic battery plant that proved to the world what was possible. Now imagine what they could accomplish if they had access to AGL Energy - Australia’s largest CO2 emitter. Well look what just happened……….. exactly that. This is massive news IMO

Massive news indeed, more so than many Tesla investors may realize. The Tesla connection is layed out in this news article:

AGL shareholders overrule board to elect directors nominated by Mike Cannon-Brookes - ABC News

The board determined that Mark Twidell, who brings customer-facing experience as well as more than 30 years of experience in the international energy sector, most recently as Director (of) Energy Programs at Tesla, would prove a valuable addition to the board

Now, how long until Tesla starts building TE products like powerwall and megapack at a new Oz Megafactory (patterned after Lathrop)? How long until Tesla starts lithium mining in Oz, either in a joint venture or a partnership? AGL needs product if they are to turn that beast around.

The renewable sky is literally the limit for Tesla in the land down under. ;)

Cheers to the Longs!

My M3 charging cost ran $38 last month, since I charge 96% from home. This saved me $200+

The inflation-adjusted electricity cost should continue to drop as humanity moves to solar/wind/battery.

View attachment 875913
Not to be a "negative Nancy", but in California, I don't see energy prices going any direction except up. Even with solar /wind /battery driving the costs down, I see the utilities protecting their monopolies (or near monopolies) and pensions. They always find some justification to charge more. Maybe states or countries that don't have so much political legal corruption?....hope I'm wrong.