Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1) sadly, I think a large portion of the population has blinders on / is so stubborn that the Climate Change argument won't be "won" until they see large swaths of their home countries with unlivable deserts (130F and higher temps). I hope that doesn't happen, but don't underestimate human stupidity+stubbornness.
2) No - we are just seeing the entrenched companies fight Tesla every way they can (financially - shorting the stock, likely with proxies; politically - by taking shots at Elon when he does something controversial)
3) Yes, no question. Anyone that has a doubt just go drive one of their cars and pencil out how much you save over the lifetime of the vehicle. That's before considering that they are literally the safest consumer autos produced . . . in the history of mankind.
4) He's absolutely focused on the transition, but because of the answer to #1 above, he's willing to sling it out with anyone that attacks him (for better or worse on the TSLA share price).

Just my opinions, I expect some here will not agree with the above. That is their right.
People are only partially getting the climate change problem. Rising sea levels are going to affect everyone, and large population centers are on the coast. People would contribute by getting an EV as long as it is a viable cost effective alternative. So Semi release is really important as it addresses the cost of operation issue. Next model coming for tesla-- smaller and cheaper is being funded by MX, MS, and in part from 3 and Y sales. Cybertruck really addresses a huge niche in the US market, and will convert alot of non telsa folks to EV if they can really deliver on range numbers, towing capacity and load capacity at the price or close to it. Full featured new large scale pickup trucks are not cheap.

Well, by half-time today, we dropped to within a dollar of the SP intraday high on Sep 1st, 2020: (here's the Technical Chart)

View attachment 876796

Clearly, this 'reading of the tee-hee's implies two things:
  1. Large, powerful hedge funds hold a grudge, and want the money back they lost on Tesla's first surprise stock split, and
  2. Chicken's no Genius (just a chart reader)
"This too shall pass" - George Armstrong Custer :p

Cheers to the Longs!
Ya know, if you’re right about this, a bottle of Teslaquila is on its way to you.

I'm enjoying our vacation so i haven't been following all the posts. We just got our MS cameras upgraded and now waiting for FSD beta like we already have in our other Teslas. So convenient to schedule a Service appointment hundreds of miles from home; love the Tesla service app. and the best service of any company IMO. Fast and super organized.
I use Twitter and got the following link there. Still looking for any competition; nope, don't see it. Looks like the MSM rags are going to become obsolete next. I don't miss there uninformed opinions.
Back to our trip; going to the beach riding our bikes. Relaxation is worth all the money in the world.

Just got FSD beta and it is 👍. After about 600 miles one intervention. At night on big farm roads it even sees better than ourselves doing left turns from 🛑. It seems more FUD will be needed to slow Tesla. But my bet is on Tesla.
SP is not important. I wonder what interest rates Tesla is getting on the 20 billions just sitting there. DOJO might get into the trading game.
Twitter is working great and some companies have returned but more ads.

Could we be looking at the beginning of the end, big companies falling faster now?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-11-21 at 10.01.01 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-21 at 10.01.01 AM.png
    520.7 KB · Views: 96
Reactions: ElectricIAC

Maybe this explains weakness
I am tired of trying to find explanations for weakness. There shouldn’t be any. Anecdotal, Anecdotal, but driving from L.A. to Oakland yesterday, 1 in 10 passenger cars I counted on the other side of Hwy 5 were Teslas. Could have been 1 in 9 or 1 in 11, but I did it a few time, counting out if 100 passing cars.

I doubled my position in the mid $200s and am as all in as I can be. HODLing and please wake me at $420.

Do we remember $TSLA is a war stock? It has always been the case, nothing new here. Those who look at the price are getting distracted from the value.
VALUE: relatively to competition Tesla is getting stronger. A recession can slow trajectories but also kill many more before the best in class.
PRICE: driven by fear and greed. Highly manipulated when we touch the extremes of both human feelings. In the end price is the marketing around micro o macro economic events.

I've been chasing the price down now for a week now , last Wed 500 at $191, today 575 @ $171 and now I have an order in for 645 @ $151. I betting this fall is being driven by softening demand in China which will lead to a bunch of unsold inventory at the end of Q4.

Yeah I don’t think so

They made it abundantly clear in the past earnings call that they expect to sell every car they make. In fact Tesla has never had “a bunch of unsold inventory”. That’s a Ford/GM/VW/BMW etc thing.

1. No grudge, it’s only business as usual. 😁

No. It's a grudge, fueled by greed and envy. Do I need to repost the video of Roth Captical's pink-faced bunny Craig Irwin on CNBC telling their audience that "Telsa's stock price is egregious"? Do you remember the date he said that? Hint: It was posted here.

Tools like him (i respect everything he's done, but...) don't go on national networks without marching orders. It was part of his brief, which was well disseminated throughout the industry and media establisment. Why do you think they're freaking out over Elon's move into Media?

They want their money back, they don't forgive, and they don't forget.

Ever.

My thoughts deepen as I realized how many of us learned FSD - it was gradual, feature by feature. And only the careful people (precise with good motor control) used FSD based on a good score. When removing the score criteria for entry, Tesla might want to gate features like we all had initially when it first came out. Don't take the revenue yet until they reach a higher level like any video game. Take away features if competence lacks (hidden score or assessment). Force some to initiate critical actions for example with turn signals. Maybe this could help ease the transition, and make it fun in the process like an award in a game. Maybe the game goes quickly for some, while others quit.

So I'm leaning toward Yes on full release, but No to full feature without a method to gradually engage the user through a very real learning curve. Ideally, the vehicle should learn to trust the driver as both instructor and parent.

Again, it's just a suggestion as I do not know Tesla's ability to read the driver's skill level and attentiveness, nor the step change anticipated by V11. Guaranteed to both surprise and freak out many.