Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bill Wright(sp?), who works at Giga Navada, posted a few interesting tweets. He commented on a picture of 4 Tesla Semi's from OttoPilot saying "tip of the iceberg".

He also mentioned "Expect a totally different drive system than previously thought for a road vehicle!"

So the event might be more interesting and with more surprises than we think!

The FED has been pretty talkative for a bit now. I don't think the meeting minutes will give us any more bad news. In fact their public statements have been more hawkish than the meetings lately.

And watch Telsa sell 50% fewer model 3s the rest of this quarter? No way man!

This is my expectation about the release of the Nov. FOMC minutes- they will be more dovish than the comments of some recent members. Remember, the press release out of the Nov. meeting had dovish language about recognizing the lags of setting monetary policy that the market gobbled up until Powell killed the rally with hawkish comments in the press conference.

Tesla has brought back a new version of their referral program. Details of the new program are in this link: Referral Program

Also some screen shots in this tweet shared by Sawyer:

I just checked and the referral program is still only for solar panels/roof. So there hasn't been a "demand lever" pulled for vehicle sales..... yet.

1669126710570.jpeg

This is my expectation about the release of the Nov. FOMC minutes- they will be more dovish than the comments of some recent members. Remember, the press release out of the Nov. meeting had dovish language about recognizing the lags of setting monetary policy that the market gobbled up until Powell killed the rally with hawkish comments in the press conference.
I wish Powell did not speak, and just wore a red or green tie ;)

Last edited:
Anybody know what "news" triggered the 9am selloff that wiped out all premarket gains in a matter of minutes ?
No but I took advantage and bought for the first time in a while. I think we may be close to the bottom for the following reasons.
1. The worst from the bird and Elon should be priced in by now.
2. China good.
3. Not expecting doom and gloom from the Fed tomorrow.
4. General macros should be improving.
5. Tesla is now a much smaller portion of my net worth. Yay?

In my view they will continue to jawbone the mkt down.
they dont need a positive wealth effect offsetting their
demand destruction objective to dampen inflation.

In my view they will continue to jawbone the mkt down.
they dont need a positive wealth effect offsetting their
demand destruction objective to dampen inflation.

I agree, but I think there will be some dovish breadcrumbs in the minutes. Also worth noting that some members are already saying that a pivot or a pause may be appropriate.

Tesla China denies rumor that EV orders are lower than expected

Tesla China have said the rumour f weak demand is false. If *Tesla* says it, that’s good enough for me.
A tad late for them. Not until some big fish whispered into Martin's ear how badly they're hurting I bet.

I forgot what my stance was on the whole PR department issue and I'm not sure if this qualifies as a simple rumor or a malicious financial attack but I wish we shareholders don't have to operate on a faith basis 10 months out of every year.

No but I took advantage and bought for the first time in a while. I think we may be close to the bottom for the following reasons.
1. The worst from the bird and Elon should be priced in by now.
2. China good.
3. Not expecting doom and gloom from the Fed tomorrow.
4. General macros should be improving.
5. Tesla is now a much smaller portion of my net worth. Yay?
Also, as the overall market has been down for the past several months or more, tesla's order book, production, delivery and track record of continued profits becomes hard to ignore. Twitter is a private company, and tesla is doing just fine without elon's full attention. Again, this is a huge bull flag, that the primary guy driving tesla has put tesla on a runway for continued growth without managing every detail. A sign of high EQ.

Yep, we are already starting to see this, Tesla have just opened first showroom in Thailand.. then there's the whole of South America, Africa... loads of export markets to go for.

My main concern will be the bottleneck for logistics/capacity at Shanghai port for exports should demand temporarily drop in China.
Not to nitpick too much, but Tesla has merely opened up a small office in Bangkok. They won't have a showroom, supercharger stations and service centers in Thailand until late next year. Living in Phuket, I can't wait for that day to come!

Already 14 million shares traded. Rest of market slow in comparison. If we end up on heavy volume could be a reversal day. For how long?

Permanently, of course. 🤣
Yes, feels like something is afoot. Yesterday was much higher volume than rest of the market (and the average TSLA volume) and we are outpacing that by 23% so far on a holiday week that's supposed to start trading thin.