Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now, this is what you call a 'demand problem'
1669232292167.png

Laughing my keister off...

That's not good at all, not so early in the game for Lucid.

Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy being a Tesla investor about how we don't have demand problems like these. :cool:

I'm of the opinion that lucid will be falling flat on its face, but I don't like FUDdy news. They had 37000 reservations in august, which dropped to 34000 on november 7th. The snippet makes it sound like some tremendous drop, when of course the reality is that they make so few cars that this reservation drop isn't so big either. That's the real kicker of course.

Some personal updates to share with the forum...

Youtube
I decided to go ahead and try it out. I've been thinking about it for months and I don't have a good rationale for why I haven't just done this already other than hesitancy and procrastination, so it's time to start.

I haven't put anything up yet, but here's the channel link if you want to subscribe in advance. I might decide I don't like doing this and quit; this is just an noncommittal experiment for now.

Mod: Sorry but promoting your off-TMC channels is against the TMC terms of service, so deleted. --ggr

Meetup Opportunity
Today I'm embarking on a road trip across the USA. I've been wanting to have my retirement/sabbatical adventure and it's finally time. First I'll be heading to Portland, OR for Thanksgiving weekend, then I have planned stays in Houston, Nashville, South Carolina, Virginia Beach and Cincinnati with single-day camping stops along the way. DM me if you're interested in meeting up in these locations or along the routes in between. We could also form larger groups if desired, like we did in Seattle a couple weeks ago. Also as with the Seattle meetup, notes and recap would be shared with the forum. If nothing else, I think there's value to the mission in strengthening ties within the Tesla/TSLA community.

Job Search?
I quit Boeing 10 months ago. As I've alluded to in some recent posts, with TSLA being as low as it is right now I am strongly considering returning to paid employment for perhaps another year or two. I'm looking at doing this In order to reduce my downside risk if even more madness happens with TSLA (Wall Street can pry these LEAPS from my cold, dead hands, but I also need to ensure my own solvency) and to scoop up as many additional shares and LEAPS as I can afford at these bargain basement prices.

I'm going to apply to quality engineering roles at Giga Texas, but that's obviously not guaranteed to result in an offer, and maybe I'd want to try something else anyway since I have already spent so much time on Tesla and might want something different. The main question is where I can have most positive impact while also living somewhere I'd like to be. If you know of interesting opportunities feel free to DM me about that too.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's not good at all, not so early in the game for Lucid.

Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy being a Tesla investor about how we don't have demand problems like these. :cool:
Knock on wood.

Demand is dropping. Loss of "wealth effect" and higher rates on loans is reducing demand. As ugly as things have gotten (stock price) it will get even uglier if it gets to the point where production outstrips demand. The IIA, I mean IRA, will help but wait times are getting short and there's a real chance it could invert. Btw, I think the people we hear about cancelling their orders are just using "Elon" as an excuse. The real reason is financial.

Last edited:

Youtube
I decided to go ahead and try it out. I've been thinking about it for months and I don't have a good rationale for why I haven't just done this already other than hesitancy and procrastination, so it's time to start.

I haven't put anything up yet, but here's the channel link if you want to subscribe in advance. I might decide I don't like doing this and quit; this is just an noncommittal experiment for now.

Meetup Opportunity
Today I'm embarking on a road trip across the USA. I've been wanting to have my retirement/sabbatical adventure and it's finally time. First I'll be heading to Portland, OR for Thanksgiving weekend, then I have planned stays in Houston, Nashville, South Carolina, Virginia Beach and Cincinnati with single-day camping stops along the way. DM me if you're interested in meeting up in these locations or along the routes in between. We could also form larger groups if desired, like we did in Seattle a couple weeks ago. Also as with the Seattle meetup, notes and recap would be shared with the forum. If nothing else, I think there's value to the mission in strengthening ties within the Tesla/TSLA community.

Mod: off-site links deleted, ToS violation. --ggr
Job Search?
I quit Boeing 10 months ago. As I've alluded to in some recent posts, with TSLA being as low as it is right now I am strongly considering returning to paid employment for perhaps another year or two. I'm looking at doing this In order to reduce my downside risk if even more madness happens with TSLA (Wall Street can pry these LEAPS from my cold, dead hands, but I also need to ensure my own solvency) and to scoop up as many additional shares and LEAPS as I can afford at these bargain basement prices.

I'm going to apply to quality engineering roles at Giga Texas, but that's obviously not guaranteed to result in an offer, and maybe I'd want to try something else anyway since I have already spent so much time on Tesla and might want something different. The main question is where I can have most positive impact while also living somewhere I'd like to be. If you know of interesting opportunities feel free to DM me about that too.

Robots usually stick to communicating in text, so this is a bold move.

Youtube

Like with the …, I don't intend to monetize although I'll still leave an option for donations because some people want to give. Why?

1) My personal financial outcomes are overwhelmingly determined by getting the right answers on TSLA, so minimizing obstructions between critical feedback and my brain is paramount, and this includes eliminating annoying advertisements.​
2) I want to have fun, and making it into a paid job probably would influence my psychological approach to the task and ultimately be a distraction.​
3) I'm trying to make a difference for humanity by spreading knowledge and understanding and I think I need broader reach for these ideas so that more people can find the content and copy off of my homework. There are important topics I don't see anyone else talking about, especially on the engineering side. I'm thinking I might be able to contribute to the community on hardware engineering and industrial engineering discussions, similar to how James Douma has been doing so for Tesla's AI engineering. There is also nobody really discussing Tesla Energy properly nor Boring Company, and these are extremely important topics for the future.​

I tentatively plan to have most videos use the Substack essays as transcripts with me reading aloud and using more visuals. The rest might be interviews or panel discussions, and TMC members would be prime candidates because many of you actually know what you're talking about and also have knowledge and experience in areas where I don't have any. I've had great conversations with @Discoducky, @strangethingintheland and @kbM3 as well as the fine folks who attended the 2022 Seattle TSLA Investor Summit and I've been thinking that the world really might benefit if these kinds of conversations were recorded and shared on the internet instead of only benefitting two people. Please DM me if interested or if you have ideas and suggestions for the channel.

Meetup Opportunity

Job Search?

Subscribed. Looking forward to it @Gigapress!

Youtube

Mod: offsite links removed, ToS violation. With regret. --ggr

Meetup Opportunity

Job Search?

Subscribed. Best wishes 👍

At this point none of us care about the quality of analyst or entity. We only care what they are signaling to each other so we might know when it’s safe to exit the fetal positions/stop playing dead.
Indeed, a single day's confluence of positive statements from TSLA analysts may have implied an all-clear siren from Wall Street.

Last edited: