Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great thread, helpful to see all that info in one place.
Interesting. What strikes me is that we are comparing margin across all products, legacy and EV, and it hides the actual EV specific GM for all but Tesla. If we look at teslas trajectory it's great to see them going from negative gross margin to positive, which is the prerequisite for scaling up production.

Interesting. What strikes me is that we are comparing margin across all products, legacy and EV, and it hides the actual EV specific GM for all but Tesla. If we look at teslas trajectory it's great to see them going from negative gross margin to positive, which is the prerequisite for scaling up production.
Can anyone hypothesize on volume today? Typically this week would be low.
We are already at our average at 1:41 est.

Registered Investment Advisors (SEC regulated) and any Series 7 Financial Advisors (FINRA regulated) are prohibited from discussing anything regarding crypto with any clients. Which of course includes buying or selling.
We are instructed to say, "I can't comment on any crypto".
Btw, I hold almost every Security license offered and have followed those rules that wereDads first suggested 5 years ago and were mandated 3 years ago.
Also the reason I use an alias, I don't want these entities to know who I am.

Edit: For my clients whom I am allowed to give investment advice to, I have had clients purchase over $500K of TSLA this year so far, and will continue to do so.
I’ll have to visit Dad’s gravesite and share the above with him; it is one of the few bits of news in this age to stop his spinning. One of his legacies was the development of the regulated investment industry - first through the creation of the FAF, then the CFA program, then bringing about FINRA. I’ve not shared here my animus regarding cryptocurrencies for some time, but despite the otherwise unspannable gulf of differences between him and me, I confidently can state he would be of the same opinion.

Registered Investment Advisors (SEC regulated) and any Series 7 Financial Advisors (FINRA regulated) are prohibited from discussing anything regarding crypto with any clients. Which of course includes buying or selling.
We are instructed to say, "I can't comment on any crypto".
Btw, I hold almost every Security license offered and have followed those rules that were first suggested 5 years ago and were mandated 3 years ago.
Also the reason I use an alias, I don't want these entities to know who I am.

Edit: For my clients whom I am allowed to give investment advice to, I have had clients purchase over $500K of TSLA this year so far, and will continue to do so.
For my clients whom I am allowed to give investment advice to, I have had clients purchase over $500K of TSLA this year so far, and will continue to do so.

1. You, yourself does not 'qualify' as a client :)
2. Not really following your 'fiduciary responsibility' when recommending TSLA to your clients now are you? :)

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

per CNBS:

Citigroup faulted by U.S. banking regulators for poor data management in ‘living will’ review​

this is the same citi coming in with the upgrade?
At this point none of us care about the quality of analyst or entity. We only care what they are signaling to each other so we might know when it’s safe to exit the fetal positions/stop playing dead.

For my clients whom I am allowed to give investment advice to, I have had clients purchase over $500K of TSLA this year so far, and will continue to do so.

1. You, yourself does not 'qualify' as a client :)
2. Not really following your 'fiduciary responsibility' when recommending TSLA to your clients now are you? :)

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
Mine was all bought in mid 2021, so no! I put 100% of my and my wife's IRA's into TSLA 1 week after taking delivery of my MS Plaid. (That follows the theory of just getting butts in seats to see what the uninformed public doesn't know aboutTesla, whom I was)
Recommendation for TSLA are for clients who have all their income secured above their expenses on a guaranteed basis and have at least a 12 month rainy day fund.
I also disclose that just like with any security it could go to $0.
If they are comfortable with those risks and it matches their time horizon, age and risk profile, TSLA is a phenomenal Recommendation.
Most of those clients already have large cash on hand and other securities that are under performing and it is a excellent swap.
Risk Averse clients never get the Tesla talk, or any individual stock for that matter.

Oh they did supply Tesla (Bosch, Conti, ZF...etc), but, and it is big but, they actually outsourced their sub-assemblies, their code and could not manage them to the speed/agility that Tesla demanded. They wouldn't even put us in contact with those partners at first...ugh.

I think ZF still supplies the EPAS code and as it does not react to explicit angle disturbance, only torque.

Tesla was also shocked at how high the pricing was that was offered by suppliers. They looked at the bid price of the component and said "Really? How hard can it be? Go call another sales strategy meeting while we make it ourselves."

Last edited:
Mine was all bought in mid 2021, so no! I put 100% of my and my wife's IRA's into TSLA 1 week after taking delivery of my MS Plaid. (That follows the theory of just getting butts in seats to see what the uninformed public doesn't know aboutTesla, whom I was theory)
Recommendation for TSLA are for clients who have all their income secured above their expenses on a guaranteed basis and have at least a 12 month rainy day fund.
I also disclose that just like with any security it could go to $0.
If they are comfortable with those risks and it matches their time horizon, age and risk profile, TSLA is a phenomenal Recommendation.
Most of those clients already have large cash on hand and other securities that are under performing and it is a excellent swap.
Risk Averse clients never get the Tesla talk, or any individual stock for that matter.
A simple 'You're right' would have more than sufficed :) j/k. I am sure you have their best intentions and explain the risk 100%.

To be fair- so have Tonys projections been wrong year after year too, just in the opposite direction. For example his charts said we should be able to buy 200 mile range EVs for 18-20k USD by roughly now.

I am so tired of people acting like Tony Seba doesn't know what he's talking about. He is an economist making projections about the future, of course he's not going to be 100% accurate. What's pertinent here, is how he has been wildly more accurate than projections from government economists, the EIA, etc. who are tasked with projecting things like the adoption numbers and future cost of solar panels, coal consumption, EV adoption, etc.

Compared to the mainstream clowns, Tony Seba could be considered to have a crystal ball! Elon has pointed out many times that it's very hard to make projections about things that are growing exponentially because a small error in dates translates into a large error in numbers. The cost of EV's is a good case in point. If it takes a year or two longer to get to costs Seba projected, it's a small error. If only the other "professionals" were as accurate as he has proven to be! Also consider that Tony Seba typically speaks in terms of current dollars (because he doesn't want to complicate his projections with guesses about the rate of inflation).

You are misrepresenting Tony Seba's overall accuracy when you claim his projections have been wrong year after year. There is not an analyst that has ever lived that you could not say the exact same thing about (because no one is perfectly prescient).

I haven't checked in my car, but report of cheaper Supercharger prices in UK - improves cost-benefit of Teslas as these prices are below many other networks, which might lead to reduced prices on other networks & spur yet more general EV interest. Especially useful for Tesla sales for high-mileage company cars.

Deutschland auch? Not as dramatic as UK, but if I have understood it (way beyond my German skills) - 61c down to 47-55 cents per kWh.