Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 881591View attachment 881592

What's the logic behind those 2 statements?
I don't see an edit option anymore (maybe mod can move this)
To clarify:

November was a record for Shanghai and now suddenly they're stepping on the brakes for production the month after? Doesn't make sense.
Is this because of extra long holidays, covid related or the production cut is simply false?

I think its interesting that we have a (fairly likely confirmed now) shutdown or slowdown in shanghai, AND when directly quizzed on it by people he follows, Elon has not responded.
I think if the answer was fairly mundane, there is a chance he would respond, especially as he can tell its being spun as low demand, and he might want to get ahead of that...
So there is a chance that the real reason is something he doesnt want to announce yet. Could be changes to swap to front/rear casting for model 3? Could be the discussed model 3 revamp? Could be something different entirely.

I REALLY doubt its just low Chinese demand. Tesla have a mission that involves selling as many cars as they can. If that meant dropping prices drastically there, they would do it. My bet is even more line upgrades, or retooling for structural pack/casting?

If that meant dropping prices drastically there, they would do it. My bet is even more line upgrades, or retooling for structural pack/casting?
My guess and it is a guess would be if the production planning dip is real, it would be precautionary related to Covid causing some supplier issues. Doing some line upgrades would be smart during a possible supplier blip. YMMV

View attachment 881591View attachment 881592

What's the logic behind those 2 statements?
Base model Y was priced just below the threshold to get incentives, even choosing colors would cross the bar and lose qualification. So orders for this month probably are all bare base models.

I would not be surprised if they shift some capacity to model 3 if more options makes it higher margins overall.

But, I still sense BS for these reports, manipulation at its finest!!!

The numbers in Europe continue to shatter all records.
First 2 months of the Qtr vs the first 2 months of prior Qtrs for UK and Norway:
1670238799510.png

The numbers in Europe continue to shatter all records.
First 2 months of the Qtr vs the first 2 months of prior Qtrs for UK and Norway:
View attachment 881621
Would be cool to do this for all of Europe from the data from our Europe registration stats wiki - still missing German numbers though, likely to come out today.

I think its interesting that we have a (fairly likely confirmed now) shutdown or slowdown in shanghai, AND when directly quizzed on it by people he follows, Elon has not responded.
I think if the answer was fairly mundane, there is a chance he would respond, especially as he can tell its being spun as low demand, and he might want to get ahead of that...
So there is a chance that the real reason is something he doesnt want to announce yet. Could be changes to swap to front/rear casting for model 3? Could be the discussed model 3 revamp? Could be something different entirely.

I REALLY doubt its just low Chinese demand. Tesla have a mission that involves selling as many cars as they can. If that meant dropping prices drastically there, they would do it. My bet is even more line upgrades, or retooling for structural pack/casting?
Well, it is still 4:30 am in California.

Beyond words. Tesla seems the only producer of something/anything that get's their production, their sales, their shipping, their foot traffic in stores and even their use of toilet paper followed by the minute. Normal fluctuation by monthly, weekly or even daily cycles get noticed, dissected, inspected, discussed ad nauseum, disassembled, turn inside out and put together again 24/7. It's tiresome tbh. My eyes are sore from rolling.

I get it. Skin in the game, options market, yadda yadda. But really, what's next?

Beyond words. Tesla seems the only producer of something/anything that get's their production, their sales, their shipping, their foot traffic in stores and even their use of toilet paper followed by the minute. Normal fluctuation by monthly, weekly or even daily cycles get noticed, dissected, inspected, discussed ad nauseum, disassembled, turn inside out and put together again 24/7. It's tiresome tbh. My eyes are sore from rolling.

I get it. Skin in the game, options market, yadda yadda. But really, what's next?
Next up: overanalysing everything Elon says and does. Oh wait..