Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please don't repost things that have already been posted very clearly at the top of the page you're posting on. Just because the link you posted is from Bloom "people familiar with the matter" berg and adds any predictable negative slant they can doesn't mean it's a different story.

I am always surprised how a story run according to 2 incited sources without any comments from Tsla has a significant impact on TSLA premarket. It might be time for TMCs to publish positive news about incited sources about Tesla.

Perhaps one of our members in China might add some color to this report?

Of particular interest: 50% reduction in store traffic . . . .

If the demand in China is falling, why not just export more to, say, Australia, etc.?
Tesla Daily: Tesla News & Analysis: Semi Battery, Charging, & Delivery Details + China Update (12.02.22)
Starting: 00:10:12
https://traffic.libsyn.com/secure/t...hina_Update_12.02.22.mp3?dest-id=561941#t=612

Might be demand issue 😮 That's the best guess for this rumor for now according to Rob Mauer
Rob did not say anything about it being or even possibly being a demand issue at least on Friday.

Germany came in at 10.8k units for November.
Total for Europe is about 36.8k for Oct+Nov.
Great news out of China . . .great news out of Europe.

1670245391837.png

Stopping exports in China is a sign of trying to fulfill orders in China for Decemeber. If there's demand problems then why stop exporting after Tesla announced they are stopping the wave for December? Last time it was demand problems because China started exporting 2 weeks early from end of q3. Now Tesla is halting production. Next Q we will have rumors of Tesla dumping cars into the ocean.

10,819 for Germany in Nov :). +59% Jan-Nov year over year. +93% compared to just Nov 2021.

To top this in Dec, Tesla will do factory pickup - last weekends drone video shows the pop-up delivery center:
giga-berlin-factorypickup.jpg

There is a common belief here that Tesla never has demand problems. This is demonstrably false. For example, I purchased my first S with a 1 percent loan bought down by Tesla to move cars. I got free supercharging for life and a couple of add ons free with the second. China seems perfectly normal Tesla behavior in an economy racked by Covid

Barron is pretty fair on the rumor vs jumping straight to demand issues.

So, this production cut rumor will either be proven false by Tesla China in a statement, proven false if it is forced/mandatory due to Covid or better yet, proven false due to December being another all time production record. Time will tell.

Oh, and MSM are making bank on this, no matter the outcome...

There is a common belief here that Tesla never has demand problems. This is demonstrably false. For example, I purchased my first S with a 1 percent loan bought down by Tesla to move cars. I got free supercharging for life and a couple of add ons free with the second. China seems perfectly normal Tesla behavior in an economy racked by Covid
China can have demand problems, but it's an export hub so production shouldn't slow down because there are like zero inventory all over the world unless they are forced to cut production due to unforseen forces. Tesla had like 5-7 days worth of inventory and that's because they are on transporters.

You never see other car manufacture cut production even with 30-60 days of inventory.

Let's go over the facts:

1. Tesla's competitors in China are up 5+% because of positive news on covid policy
2. Tesla broke their monthly record for China deliveries, delivering 100k+ vehicles, which was significantly above expectations
3. There is a report from two news sites referencing an unspecified source that Tesla China will reduce China production by 20%, reason for production cut is not specified

which results in TSLA being down more than 4.5% in premarket, making it pretty much down 10% when compared to Tesla's China competitors.

Is anyone surprised? This seems like normal TSLA price action to me.