Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TLDR : you have no control over what Elon does, you have control over what you do.

From the Daily Stoic today…

“The causes of things are complicated, and rarely do they go how we’d like them to go. So it’s easy to point the finger—at other people, at unfair conditions, at the weather, at the advice we got. If it hadn’t been for ___, I’d have won. Why did so-and-so have to get involved like that? It’s all ___’s fault.

And yet, the causes of things are also quite simple, at least according to the Stoics. Because to them, the fault always lies with us. We’re the one who chose to listen to that advice, they’d say. We’re the one who left the outcome up to chance, who didn’t plan for all the contingencies. We’re the one whose expectations set us up to be disappointed.

Marcus Aurelius’s rule was: Blame yourself—or blame no one. It’s the other side of the idea we were talking about not long ago, that the only place to look for approval is within yourself. The same goes for disapproval and fault-finding. As soon as you try to get it from other people, you’ve compromised your integrity. You’ve handed over your power.

So either don’t blame anyone…or blame yourself. For whatever happens. For everything that happens. Those are the options.”

If Elon needs more money, instead of selling TSLA he could go for a Starlink IPO. He announced it already a few years ago.
He plans to do it when Starlink is cash flow positive, and I would assume in a better market environment where FED would be more inclined to cut than raise rates. 18 to 24 months?

IIRC, they want 100B MC for Starlink in IPO.

This is purely macro movements, Nothing to do with Elons antics. This is what I have been told. Don't dispute it.
1) The opposite movement happened on Friday.

2) TSLA has shown almost no correlation with the macros on ~90% of single days. The correlation exists on the ~10% most extreme days of movement for the macros and it exists over long time periods.

The 16K expectation came from Troy. This 14K number may not be up to Troy’s standards, but Tesla is having a record quarter in China by a large margin.
Indeed, Rob Maurer if Tesla Daily just wanted more than the previous week's 11,700 to show demand had not decreased.
14k [13k] is very much more...

Last edited:
TLDR : you have no control over what Elon does, you have control over what you do.

From the Daily Stoic today…

“The causes of things are complicated, and rarely do they go how we’d like them to go. So it’s easy to point the finger—at other people, at unfair conditions, at the weather, at the advice we got. If it hadn’t been for ___, I’d have won. Why did so-and-so have to get involved like that? It’s all ___’s fault.

And yet, the causes of things are also quite simple, at least according to the Stoics. Because to them, the fault always lies with us. We’re the one who chose to listen to that advice, they’d say. We’re the one who left the outcome up to chance, who didn’t plan for all the contingencies. We’re the one whose expectations set us up to be disappointed.

Marcus Aurelius’s rule was: Blame yourself—or blame no one. It’s the other side of the idea we were talking about not long ago, that the only place to look for approval is within yourself. The same goes for disapproval and fault-finding. As soon as you try to get it from other people, you’ve compromised your integrity. You’ve handed over your power.

So either don’t blame anyone…or blame yourself. For whatever happens. For everything that happens. Those are the options.”
Nominated for post of particular merit.

And segues into:

He plans to do it when Starlink is cash flow positive, and I would assume in a better market environment where FED would be more inclined to cut than raise rates. 18 to 24 months?

IIRC, they want 100B MC for Starlink in IPO.
I wonder if that has been delayed some? Months ago Elon expressed concern about the lack of compensation from ongoing Starlink Ukraine support, including some insane s/w dev to stay ahead of Russian cyber attacks.

OTOH, that "investment" may have been vital to the StarShield DoD-class service now being offered by Starlink.