Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla still is not paying for advertising.

Tesla barely even attempts to promote the products on social media with much frequency.

Most people still don’t even know about Teslas, especially in rural areas and smaller towns and cities, and even mere advertisement campaigns from competitors demonstrably can increase short-term demand for Tesla vehicles.

Starlink is giving millions of people, primarily those in the aforementioned areas where EV and Tesla awareness and knowledge are very low, affordable high speed internet for the first time ever.

Tesla’s sales in California, mostly occurring in the liberal Left Coast metro areas, have increased every single quarter since time immemorial (except Q1 2020 when the factory was shut down), despite Elon increasingly being vocal about his disagreement with the Democratic leadership in the state, Alameda County in particular, and nationally since around Q1 2020, and despite dramatically moving HQ to Texas. Tesla is now the #2 selling car company in California after Toyota/Lexus, and Tesla would be #1 already by a wide margin if we factor out Toyota’s popular pickup trucks, minivans and full-size 3-row SUVs (I.e. Tacoma, Tundra, Sienna, Highlander) which are of course market segments Tesla currently does not serve whatsoever.

Starship is about to go orbital, hopefully in the next few months. Astronauts continue to be rolled out to the launch pad in NASA-branded Model Xs with the SpaceX livestream narrators mentioning “Tesla” repeatedly. Private commercial passengers will soon be orbiting the freaking Moon.

Steam, Apple Music and Zoom are now available on the cars.

Vegas Loop is still quietly putting thousands of butts in seats every day and it’s growing as the construction continues. Hertz is also putting thousands of butts in seats daily for extended test drives and advertising for us with legendary respected quarterback Tom Brady as the spokesperson. Butts in seats still sell Teslas more effectively than anything else we know about.

Massive subsidies in the US begin in two weeks.

Tesla still only offers five basic paint colors for the entire vehicle lineup, except in Europe where there are now a whopping seven options. Also the two new colors from Berlin look awesome and will probably be very popular worldwide when Tesla adds them to the other factories.

Tesla still only offers one basic exterior and interior design style which isn’t suitable for everyone’s tastes. Offering other aesthetic styles in the future would be relatively easy.

Cybertruck is coming, and millions already want it despite it not even being on the market yet.

And the biggest kicker: Tesla remains the *only* car manufacturer with any viable plan for massive scale of battery production and a total cost advantage of about $15k per car for the latest generation of model Y over any competitor. Tesla’s end game has always been EVs for the masses. Luxury cars for wealthy people are part of the journey to get there. No one else has a viable plan or technology to make compelling $25-40k EVs with decent gross margins. The people buying cars in this price segment generally are cost-conscious, stressed about work and money, and don’t really care enough about making social or political statements to spend $10k extra on a car plus more on ongoing electricity and maintenance costs for a worse product experience and inferior safety.

Overall demand for EVs is at an all time high.

Need I go on?

Last edited:
Norwegian proud triple Tesla owner and long time optimistic TSLA holder here. I’ve been following this thread for a year and a half without posting. I don’t know if this is of any interest to all of you, but FWIW: Since EM bought Twitter, being a known Tesla ambassador has been an embarrassing experience in Norway. Regardless of the success story that Tesla is, its just not fun to defend EM anymore. Today I sold off all my shares. I‘m out. So Long, and thanks for all the fish.

Not a chance that this was Elon selling during yesterday's 175M share volume day. The steep dive started in the Pre-Market at 09:15 (Elon never sells in the Pre-Market). Then it continued at an accelerated pace once Options started trading at the Open. Look at the Intraday Options volume. Two such charts were posted here yesterday.

View attachment 885012

Yesterday was a bear raid, pure and simple. Attempts to finger Elon for the blame ignore the obvious: this Market is being manipulated.
...and the Elon-blame and other FUD (incredibly, perpetuated here by many of our fellow TMC members) has been a masterwork of obfuscating and redirecting the blame away from intense market manipulation.

Imagine if everyone who ever posted blaming Elon's tweets contacted their congressmen about overturning the Madoff Exemption instead.

Norwegian proud triple Tesla owner and long time optimistic TSLA holder here. I’ve been following this thread for a year and a half without posting. I don’t know if this is of any interest to all of you, but FWIW: Since EM bought Twitter, being a known Tesla ambassador has been an embarrassing experience in Norway. Regardless of the success story that Tesla is, its just not fun to defend EM anymore. Today I sold off all my shares. I‘m out. So Long, and thanks for all the fish.
Here is a bold prediction: Tesla will once again sell more cars in Norway than any other company in 2023 and the gap will be wider than in 2021 and 2022. Then the gap will be even wider in 2024.

Read a FUD headline in SA published at midnight and decided to read it (as it wasn't paywalled). Typical crap and lies about China demand spawned by TT. The whole article was garbage... and then I got to the author: Bill Maurer. Hadn't seen that name for awhile. I thought he had disappeared and good riddance!

Too bad it's garbage in gospel out. Most people will believe what he wrote and would bother to see if it's true.

As I'm blocked from seeing Troy_Teslike's Twitter feed, can someone check to see if he revised his 16,000 number to 13,000 and if there's any truth to it? That's what Maurer's whole sugar show was based on.

Thanks in advance!

Emotionally invest much? Queue @StealthP3D with sage advice...or you could look at his last million posts for constant doses of infinite wisdom.

Look at this. SEC is doing their job?
Is Reuters, CNBC and the rest of MSM next….? Nah, they are on same team…
C8CD245D-BE72-4FA0-A8C1-74CA23B590F4.jpeg

...and the Elon-blame and other FUD (incredibly, perpetuated here by many of our fellow TMC members) has been a masterwork of obfuscating and redirecting the blame away from intense market manipulation.

Imagine if everyone who ever posted blaming Elon's tweets contacted their congressmen about overturning the Madoff Exemption instead.
Market manipulation doesn’t exist in a void , manipulation occurs to take advantage of perceived weakness

Hyenas don’t attack healthy lions 🦁