Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perhaps they are waiting for Cybertruck ramp before finalizing the gen3 design. If the stainless steel design works out well enough for CT mass production, that may be the preferred option for the Gen3 platform given the potential savings from eliminating the paint shop In gen3 factories for the very cheapest variants.
I think Gen3 is likely to eliminate paint, or perhaps make paint optional.

I am hoping for a finalised Gen3 product mid-2023, and perhaps a reveal.

Officially the Semi and Cybertruck designs are complete, they are working on Gen3.

Cells for Gen3 are probably 4680s. possibly iron cathode.

If the 4680 ramp is good enough for Model Y and Cybertruck, it will be good enough for Gen3.

IMO the 4680 ramp is more a matter of "grinding through the process", than needing inspiration to solve an intractable problem.
As long as they are mostly taking steps forward, they will get there eventually.

Disagree. The problem is that Wall Street brokerages somehow know that he is selling. This is a violation of several securities laws regarding insider trading on non-public material information.

How do you point the finger at Elon for this ongoing crime? Where is the SEC, in your opinion?
Countless founders/CEOs reduce their positions w/o causing excessive volatility, Gates, Bezos, Zuck, etc. It is not like Elon can't predict he needs some cushion months ahead of time. Yet, he did this 4 times over a year.

Countless founders/CEOs reduce their positions w/o causing excessive volatility, Gates, Bezos, Zuck, etc. It is not like Elon can't predict he needs some cushion months ahead of time. Yet, he did this 4 times over a year.

So what's your point? That other CEO's aren't being targeted by Wall St? Is Bill Gates still short TSLA by a billion dollars? How about the Saudis?

The fact that people attacked Elon's family in their car in L.A. yesterday should give you a real wake up call. It's not about your money.

Last edited:
So what's your point? That other CEO's aren't being targeted by Wall St? Is Bill Gates still short TSLA by a billion dollars? How about the Saudis?

The fact that people attacked Elon's family in their car in L.A. yesterday should give you a real wake up call. It's not about your money.

My point is exactly what @Mengy said and you disagreed "The problem is less about the fact he is selling, but more the manner in which he is selling."

a bit unfair because Elon and us, we dont base our buy & sell decisions on the same amount of information, of which he has access to much more. I dont have problems with his selling, but surely there have to be ways that make it less painful for people who are on his side - us. But Im not gonna keep beating this dead horse.
If Elon is front running potentially poor earnings then yes, I have problem with him selling. If he is selling for other purposes then I don't care.

Now we were all pretty critical on him wanting to purchase twitter but what is done is done. I have made my peace with it.

At this point these seem like self-inflicted wounds to me, tbh. Other CEOs run their respective companies without stress testing shareholders every other week and putting their family in danger. Its not rocket science.

Last edited:
My point is exactly what @Mengy said and you disagreed "The problem is less about the fact he is selling, but more the manner in which he is selling."
This post is really about your choice of POV. You choose to see it as he's ****ing with you when in reality, he may not have a choice. This is the problem with being a cash poor billionaire. When something big comes up, he's only got a few windows with which to act on it.

So it was not S&P rebalancing, MM doing extremely impossible items like making it land right at S&P rebalancing, split prices yada yada. #PREDICT

Is that some kind of dickish clap back at me, elasale? I specifically wrote that it is a theory, and it may be wrong, and I follow the evidence. You, however, have marked every post I make as 'funny' for weeks. What I don't see you making any contributions of substance. Afraid to be wrong, are you?

BTW, the rebalancing event is at 4 pm Friday, not on Wednesday. But you seem more judgy than interested in actual events.

In the mean time, you go over-trade and be funny happy.

The front runners are going to have a field day tomorrow if we don't get any messaging from Elon that he's done selling for the time being. Which he may not be, obviously.
FWIW, today was only the Form 4 deadline for Monday's trades.
Historically, he's sold in blocks of three days and filed all simultaneously.
Plus, roundish share count.

This post is really about your choice of POV. You choose to see it as he's ****ing with you when in reality, he may not have a choice. This is the problem with being a cash poor billionaire. When something big comes up, he's only got a few windows with which to act on it.
We as shareholders have been at the receiving end of it for as long as I have been on this board.

The CEO is frustrated at the government? How about tweeting stock price is too high?

China lockdown incoming? Someone knew before all.

CEO sold stock? Someone knew, too.

When is this going to change? When are TSLA holders going to come first?

I dont want excuses. I want results.

Who am I kidding? Soon as Im done here I’ll turn around and try to talk down haters and trolls and defend him like I always have. I just wish he stops giving them so damn much money and ammos.

Last edited:
I foresee a future in which nuclear fusion and solar photovoltaics are very much complimentary energy sources. In any case, as a man of science, I would expect Elon would be quite excited by this breakthrough. Maybe he is, but just isn't expressing that excitement for whatever reason.
Photovoltaic and nuclear fusion are currently 100% complimentary 😁

Yet you're willing to ingore possible insider trading violations (crime) being committed by other brokerages front running Elon's sales? Because Elon?

Last edited:
Disagree. The problem is that Wall Street brokerages somehow know that he is selling. This is a violation of several securities laws regarding insider trading on non-public material information.

How do you point the finger at Elon for this ongoing crime? Where is the SEC, in your opinion?

You don’t think the Wall Street firms have a few data scientists working for them? Anybody who has access to time & sales and a few automated tools can probably get an alert everytime there is a pattern from Elon selling. And then you go heavy on puts while already having a short position.

So no this has nothing to do with SEC. This is happening in real time and Elon is probably the one clicking the sell button.

I’m going to take note the next time he talks anything related TSLA and buying puts if I see TSLA starting to show weakness especially on a strong macro day. At least in that sense he is making sure we are all in a fair game with Wall Street. Just have to do the work.

With all the bickering going on, i would just like to point out light heartedly that.....
1671080151220.png

mic drop, better days are ahead y'all....i can feel it and i mean it this time! :)

No. Europe wants a level playing field with respect to carbon taxes between local production and imports. Local production needs to pay CO2 taxes in proportion to their emissions, while this is not or much less so for imports. The new taxes will pull up the paid emissions taxes on imports to the same level as local production. This should remove the unfair advantage of imports from countries that have no or little emission taxes.
This is totally different than the IRA, that subsidizes local production.
Sorry for ignorance, what's then name of the directive/law. I want to do some further research on this, as it is an interesting long-term macroeconomic lever

Reactions: FSDtester#1