Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It also questions (again) his “first in, Last out”-comment from a while ago. Hate to see it.
add the implied "all" and it makes sense

Elon was the first all in, and will be the last all out.

As in he bought as much as he could in the early days and he has no plan to ever exit the stock completely.

Continue to send positive vibes:
BUY AND HOLD!!!

This tweet below was just liked by Elon:
IMG_20221215_074928.jpg

To clarify I’m not just talking about brand awareness but the actual product and ownership experience.

Tesla knowledge is mostly spread by word of mouth and direct personal interactions. Population density is strongly correlated with Tesla and general EV ownership. There is also a stark political split, especially in North America, between large cities and the hinterlands which has historically been and continues to be statistically correlated with oil propaganda filling people’s minds with disinformation and lies about EVs, fossil fuels and climate change. That’s a whole other topic that doesn’t belong here, but I’m just saying it definitely is a tendency that exists.

For instance, I have family in a small town in South Carolina. The amount of ignorance and regurgitation of EV misinformation is mind boggling, the likes of which and I never have encountered in Seattle. Someone actually came up to a charging station to confront my family member and another guy with an F-150 Lightning to yell at them for how stupid they were to have electric cars and threw every silly old trope about battery replacement costs and range etc. Coworkers share similar nonsense that makes me face palm when I hear about it. This stuff is relatively common in rural areas compared to large cities.

It might be different in Europe. I’m an ignorant American, so I don’t know.

It’s not different in Europe. My wife once had a completely unknown person walk to her car to complain to her how unfair it is that there are incentives for EV’s.
But more hopeful is that there’s now as much doubt about ICE. E.g. my neighbours may not yet be convinced it is the right time to buy an EV, they’re even less convinced that it’s wise to buy a new ICE. I don’t remember any of them buying a new ICE the last few years (although I know 2 persons who got a new EV as a company car). Most are just trying to keep driving their old ICE as long as possible. The longer they wait, the more the EV landscape will start to look attractive to them.

And before anyone even says “you will be happy as a clam by the time we’re at ATH again”, let me remind them that this is not the first time TSLA has -60% on me.

Need I remind you of Covid? Post 1st split? Post SP inclusion? 2/2022? 6/2022? I wasnt mad then.

Im not mad now because of the low stock price but I am because this time we dont deserve this. We are willing to go through QT, an incoming recession, never ending lockdowns, etc… and this is what waiting for us at the end?

Thats like saying “dont date me if you cant handle late nights.” Well its one thing if those late nights are spent waiting for you to finish up at work but its another if you have someone else. When people think about volatility they dont think its mostly caused by the CEO.

When I first heard that warning I was in awe, thinking its gonna be me and Elon vs the world but now its turned out to be me vs Elon and the world. Funny isnt it?
I think Elon feels bad about it, but he is in a situation where he has to make tough choices, and can't do much about it.

Most of the market reaction is a massive over reaction caused by macros and perceptions, rather than company fundamentals.

When Elon originally decided to buy Twitter, he didn't expect the current interest rate and market environment.

IMO if people can hang in Elon intends to eventually "make it right", but to "make it right" the Twitter project needs to succeed.

I don't think folding on Twitter is an option for Elon. he has to make it work.

For those that can't hang in, there is no "make it right" and IMO they are selling at a very bad time, but maybe they have no choice.

And what if Twitter doesn't make a profit of its own for many years yet? Does Elon regularly sell some TSLA to make payroll for Twitter employees? Does he sell TSLA to pay Twitter's bills?

There is a thing about buying a money pit, it eats a lot of money on a regular basis....
What if Elon decides to buy other pieces to complement Twitter? His vision of X is way bigger than Twitter, and he may decide that buying the technology/market is a better option than building from scratch.

What if Elon decides to do something else in large scale? Elon is now accustomed to the dark side of dumping stock in the open market. He might also sell for something outside Twitter.

Diesel cars banned in Ghent and Antwerp from 2031 on. Gasoline cars banned from 2035.

And before anyone even says “you will be happy as a clam by the time we’re at ATH again”, let me remind them that this is not the first time TSLA has -60% on me.

Need I remind you of Covid? Post 1st split? Post SP inclusion? 2/2022? 6/2022? I wasnt mad then.

Im not mad now because of the low stock price but I am because this time we dont deserve this. We are willing to go through QT, an incoming recession, never ending lockdowns, etc… and this is what waiting for us at the end?

You done whining?

Is that some kind of dickish clap back at me, elasale? I specifically wrote that it is a theory, and it may be wrong, and I follow the evidence. You, however, have marked every post I make as 'funny' for weeks. What I don't see you making any contributions of substance. Afraid to be wrong, are you?

BTW, the rebalancing event is at 4 pm Friday, not on Wednesday. But you seem more judgy than interested in actual events.

In the mean time, you go over-trade and be funny happy.
I wrote something long deleted it , but for the record just leaving it here- reciprocated accordingly with funnies to old posts just as you have been doing to old posts of mine
Drop or dm might be better cheers

Sorry for ignorance, what's then name of the directive/law. I want to do some further research on this, as it is an interesting long-term macroeconomic lever
The EU is a pretty transparent supranational organisation with a civil service called the European Commission, and a press office.

If you follow the link below and the link trail within it you'll be able to read up on the CBAM.

This has been a long time in very public development, discussion, and debate amongst a democratic union of 27 countries and 447 million.

This CBAM is also WTO-compliant. It has to be, as the EU takes compliance with the rule of law very seriously.

If the US does not do something equivalent in carbon-taxation terms, then the US will be disadvantaged. If the US takes its treaty obligations seriously (!?) then it should do so in consultation and agreement with all NAFTA members .....

At this point it doesn't matter what he says. He's stated several times now that he is "done selling" only to sell more shares a bit later on.

Who can believe him now? The boy can only cry wolf so many times before all credibility on the matter is lost....

This unpredictability is exactly why institutional investors shy away from our stock. Who can freaking blame them?!?!?
Several data points, fsd semi stock sales etc. Tesla employees with stock options are actively being harmed by ceo to fund his personal amusement. I am no longer surprised just disappointed.