Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delayed last margarita good news (I think, if true).

Vanguard now owns nearly 60% more Tesla stock than it did two years ago.
BlackRock is aggressively adding Tesla shares. Its number of shares held is up nearly 46% in two years' time.

Do we have any idea when this latest report is drawing data from? Did they dump half their shares in the last 2 months? (Unlikely) Unless it's showing them as a big buyer under 200 somehow I don't know if this is very bullish??

I don’t believe Elon will do business with GS any longer. Last comment he made about them wasn’t glowing. And didn’t MS sue Tesla over some convertible bonds or something?

Basically the crooks want Elon to sell to them. Um -
Okay...well MS and BAC or something then. Which he still deals with re- twitter
"The $44 billion Twitter takeover is backed by banks including Morgan Stanley, Bank of America Corp. and Barclays PLC"
Even if he had a grudge though, would you rather give your enemy some profits or sucker punch all the people that support you? Seems like a no brainer :confused:

Do we have any idea when this latest report is drawing data from? Did they dump half their shares in the last 2 months? (Unlikely) Unless it's showing them as a big buyer under 200 somehow I don't know if this is very bullish??

Okay...well MS and BAC or something then. Which he still deals with re- twitter
"The $44 billion Twitter takeover is backed by banks including Morgan Stanley, Bank of America Corp. and Barclays PLC"
Even if he had a grudge though, would you rather give your enemy some profits or sucker punch all the people that support you? Seems like a no brainer :confused:
Here’s the source.

Here's Who Owns Tesla Now That Elon Musk Is Selling Out​

Vanguard has been aggressively buying. It now owns nearly 60% more Tesla stock than it did two years ago. Vanguard continues to be the top buyer of Tesla stock.

And next up is BlackRock, another giant in the ETF industry. The company owns 171 million shares of Tesla, accounting for 5.4% of the company's shares outstanding. BlackRock's iShares Core S&P 500 ETF (IVV) is the third-largest holder of Tesla stock after SPDR S&P 500 ETF Trust (SPY) and Invesco QQQ Trust (QQQ).

And like Vanguard, BlackRock is aggressively adding Tesla shares. Its number of shares held is up nearly 46% in two years' time.

Big institutions now own more than 44% of Tesla's stock. Most of those owners are traditional investment managers. Individuals like Musk only own 14.9%, a vast majority which is Musk himself. The only other large individual investor is Oracle (ORCL) founder Larry Ellison. Public investors like state pensions own the balance of the shares, totaling 41% of the company.

Sources: S&P Global Market Intelligence, IBD​

Last edited:
I’m curious if there is any chance that the IRA doesn’t passed or gets delayed. I got the feeling it was basically a done deal; yet people are screaming about demand issues.

It feels like the impacts are getting discounted across most of the likely beneficiaries. Like Wall Street knows something we don’t.

I can’t square this in my head.

Anyone think this new factory in Mexico might be for the $25K compact EV platform? Would make sense to build the economy EV with cheaper labor. Plus I can't see it making M3's or MY's with Austin just 390 miles away.
Nah. That’s gonna be a bot factory 🤣

Energy products could be a good idea. Really, anything that qualifies for IRA subsidies would make sense.

Nah. That’s gonna be a bot factory 🤣

Energy products could be a good idea. Really, anything that qualifies for IRA subsidies would make sense.
So what you are saying is, Tesla will be making caravans of bots in Mexico that will cross back into the US to take American Jobs instead. Just when Fox News just became Elon's friend....sigh, you can't win them all.

Anyone think this new factory in Mexico might be for the $25K compact EV platform? Would make sense to build the economy EV with cheaper labor. Plus I can't see it making M3's or MY's with Austin just 390 miles away.
First article I saw said cargo trucks which I thought was quite odd and definitely not on Tesla’s current public product roadmap.

But it might make some sense.

Sold on Thursday @$156. This to pay some big bills. Now my tax free account is depleted. Glad I did on Thursday and not a day later as I would have had not enough to pay the bills.

It is sad, last year we were well on our way to pay off the mortgage. A couple of set backs over the year now it is all gone.

I take solace in my believe that stock price will not recover to $350+ any time soon. I mean, it dropped 25% in one week. I am sure it will not go up 50% next week te recover that loss. This gives me time to start from scratch in January. Put aside every month so we can buy a couple of shares every month. Hopefully we can recover the lost ground in due time.

Last edited:
Even more noteworthy than the remarkably obscure and sometimes archaic vocabulary that Audie often exhibits are his regular demonstrations of profoundly mysterious and amazingly constructed sentence structures that leave mere mortals and persons of below average educational achievements such as myself utterly baffled. Don't get me wrong, I'm fairly confident that his amazing linguistic constructs are probably 100% grammatically correct and proper although, and I'm not too proud to admit this, it's only a slightly educated guess because my lowly intellect has too little experience with sentences that sound like that to tell with any certainty whether rules even exist to effectively judge the validity of such interesting constructs. All I know is they regularly confound woefully under-educated people like me.

Obscure vocabulary can be easily referenced with an on-line tool, if one is so inclined, but it is the unfamiliar sentence structures that tangle with the neurons in my feeble brain and make me wish I could have afforded a better education than that available at the unsophisticated state university. Publicly funded universities cannot afford very many sophisticated professors, which means I was presented with very little exposure to ideas presented in such high fashion. It's time for a private language tutor, but the first two I interviewed were not advanced enough to decipher Audie's sentences any better than myself and the third potential tutor displayed a wide-eyed expression and fled without his hat shortly after I presented him with three sample sentences that I found particularly vexing. At least it's a very nice hat made of wool and makes me look a little more sophisticated than a regular old baseball cap! It's warm enough for winter too, but I think it might need some furry ear flaps.

/s
That dude has been asked numerous times by those who are non native English speakers to drop this. Well, it has actually intensified.

As the saying goes stupid people are enticed by complex things. Human nature I guess.

Just imagine being English and reading Flemish dialect.

That dude has been asked numerous times by those who are non native English speakers to drop this. Well, it has actually intensified.

As the saying goes stupid people are enticed by complex things. Human nature I guess.

Need to point out, absolutely nothing wrong with Flemish dialect. Proud speaker...edit: maybe not proud, just what I do daily...edit 2: I seldom post, but I read daily. Now that I am writing, I wanted to thank you all for your collective wisdom, I have learned more than I could hope for. Did not expect that when I started reading here, as I was looking for confirmation bias at that moment 🙂, not a school of life. It has been a less than stellar year for the stock, but I still believe strongly in Tesla. Wishing you happy holidays and a bright new Tesla year. Maybe even a bright TSLA year.

Last edited:

And try to get it translated with Google translate.

Earlier, a news item mentioned the factory would be built for the "assembly of cargo trucks". So who knows what that means. Semi? Van?
Or was it all speculation?

Staring in China makes more sense for the 25K , especially since US is gonna start IRA in next 2weeks

Elon has said- can’t comment on interesting products. Assuming batteries have scaled I think they will announce vans like Mercedes sprinter-that Rivian just canceled :) these commercial vehicles are used 24/7 in last leg delivery scenarios and also must be polluting just like the semis.
+batteries large enough to share semi, CT charging infrastructure as well
Cheers!!

Last edited:
I’m curious if there is any chance that the IRA doesn’t passed or gets delayed. I got the feeling it was basically a done deal; yet people are screaming about demand issues.

It feels like the impacts are getting discounted across most of the likely beneficiaries. Like Wall Street knows something we don’t.

I can’t square this in my head.
Someone posted 1-2 days back that politicians still holding Tesla and/or EV stocks?