Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Only question I have now is with all these price cuts what will be the delivery numbers.

< 400 very bad
400-420 - avg (could we have done this without the price cuts?)
420-440 - good
450+ - very good

430+ and I think market concerns will dissipate ..

Do we have factory closures in last week .. or are they still gonna be cranking .. would be another item of interest.

+inventory seems to be going down (one data pt, local ), et see what is the trend in few days ...

Last edited:
I need to go to Youtube and find out how Chicken explains this...because NONE of you Geniuses ever said this would happen. And I haven't seen a real explanation on here.
For a couple of years on here it was next quarter, next year will be the year.....
If you would of listened to the geniuses here for the last 5 years you would be up, 478%.....Not bad from a bunch of hacks that don't know much about the markets.
Can these know it all's be right every quarter of every year? Maybe not, but I will continue to read the wisdom from many of the smart and wealthy who contribute and continue to HODL.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day...so these "Geniuses" are due to be right again

Been a while since I've logged on. You always hear/read news about these margin calls, but getting to know people in your circle getting it feels ominous - 2 friends today who had to liquidate some shares. 204m volume is mind-boggling. Is there a chance Elon is getting margin-called?

Today hopefully is the darkest in this tunnel before daylight comes in. All eyes hope it is the Q4 print that brings in this light, I just hope it is not another train that will run TSLA the stonk over.

On the other side, Tesla is fundamentally prepared to weather all that can be thrown at it. Since Tesla doesn't need any more capital raises, this extreme volatility is nowhere as worrisome as the 2018-19 days. Continuing to HODL and catch these falling knives, but simply out of powder and couches after the last purchase today at 124.69

Not sure if they still are, I would think semi is eating all the cells from Reno. Not sure though.
Yes, I think that all Megapack production is at Lathrop.

Freeing up cells for the Semi is the objective.

There is a reason why Tesla is sourcing raw materials for iron cathodes.

They can spin up more 4680 production somewhere specifically for energy storage. It doesn't matter that yield and run rate are not yet perfect they just need to be good enough to result in cells at the right price.

They have apparently bought / rented another lsrger building at Fremont for more 4680 production.

I know think that what will be built in Mexico is a RoboTaxi/compact cargo van. The same form factor is ideal for both roles. Yes, it is a small van, but ideal for local area deliveries.

Tesla is executing well thought out plans well, hopefully that shows up in earnings and the earnings call provides some detail on future plans.

This price action has impacted my sleep.
I was reaching periods of mental spinning my wheels.
had the talk with SO
stress levels are high, multi factorial
drew out forecasts for guaranteed income to see where needs would not be met.
needs likely met for many years with money in the bank-up to five if CT order not filled.
still, had to take some pressure off.

Edit: likely continued Tesla dominance in Europe despite Chinese new cars.

I assumed that Legacy ICE OEMs would be eaten top down (Tesla) & bottom up (BYD) in Europe.

Seems Danish pricing doesn't support BYD doing that yet. I don't know the BYD Han but Lars describes it as a Model 3 competitor.

Summary: BYD Han more expensive in Europe (Denmark) than Model 3 Performance!

BYD Han: $85,700 (Tang similar price, massive car for Europe)
M3LR: $78,000
M3P: $81,000
MYLR: $80,100

BYD Atto 3: $10,000 less than M3RWD
MG 4: $15,000 less than M3RWD

1671745732072.png

1671745591317.png

Last edited:
had the talk with SO
needs likely met for many years with money in the bank-up to five if CT order not filled.
Drinking helps me. Martinis, preferably.

had the talk with SO

Personally, Chamomile tea wfm

Reactions: Eugene Ash
what does not kill ya will make you stronger.

Just imagine what stories you'll be telling in a year or twenty.
I've been thinking that happy as this story has been, I don't have anything yet approaching the kudos you'd get by buying Amazon before the dotcom crash, holding it through an 80% drawdown and then holding them until they became among the biggest in the world.

I wore out my capacity for getting freaked out from 2015-2020, especially after some strategic hedging to secure my long-term plans, so by now it's just a question of getting to know where this will end up eventually.

Now he was asked if he still expects 40-50% growth annually. Kind of hemming and hawing at the moment. Based on what he's saying, more price decreases would not surprise me at all. Sounds like he's still betting on autonomy, saying basically he wants to put cars in people's hands and then at some point they'll pay to upgrade to FSD.

Says he still thinks Tesla will be the most valuable company in the world in less than 5 years.