Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think you've focused too much on the media (intentional mis)interpretation of what Elon has Tweeted than what he actually Tweeted. I see this bandied about a lot so let's look at what he actually Tweeted.

Note: Elon isn't "out" of Tesla, at all. He still holds a massive amount of TSLA.

Note: Use of word "planned". At the time he Tweeted, this was likely correct. He did not lie.

Contrary to several others (looking to support a 'victim' mentality), I always read that "last out" to mean that when he sells his last share he will be the last one out.

It never occurred to me to interpret the statement to mean he wouldn't sell any shares at all until after everybody else sold all their shares. That would be a ridiculous expectation to take away from that statement.

Last edited:
What is coming for 2023?

Not the stuff we know - Cybertruck, more Giga factories, IRA kicks in, etc..

That's not what I mean, for years Tesla has been doing the opposite of sandbagging; announcing cars with long wait times, talking about what they are going to do and then doing it... albeit later than expected.

I see 2023 as the year that Tesla starts sucker punching Wallstreet.

We have been given some breadcrumbs, but unlike Hansel and Gretel have not allowed ourselves to follow them.

Tesla CN legal (their president) stepped down yesterday, has been in the USA for a while now helping at Freemont, Sparks, Reno, Austin..
That's probably nothing... right?

Both Elon and Franz have talked about the best thing they are working on (hint, it's not the CT) but they can't reveal yet...
That's probably nothing too, right?

Tesla Energy is making it's own Giga Energy factory concept in Lathrop - which was built and scaled in months (not years) and is cranking out utility scale Mega Packs with good and going to great margins...
They will probably not build anymore of those right?

Tesla insurance sure seems to be in quite a few states now... and expanding to more and creating a complete eco system for recurring revenue.
But hey, no one really like recurring revenue, right?

What else is there, that I don't know about? I bet there is more and it seems that Tesla is just going to do it, let it hit the 10k and 10Q's and keep it moving.

The only other thing is, and I have literally no idea why it bothers me, Burnt Hair - by Singed...
Coming Q1 of 2023

I’m doing nothing. I have been wrong, very wrong and now profoundly wrong.
I’m just not smart enough to time this thing
I am sitting tight with hundred percent of my taxable portfolio in January 2025 $150 leaps and 100% of tax free in TSLA common stock
My worst case scenario is I lose all my money in taxable which goes to zero but if I get even 30% return from $112 Tesla stock price over next 10 years I would have enough money that I really don’t care
So I’m just going along for the ride
Not financial advice
Thanks for sharing. Yea, my world view has been changed, too. I would have bet (and did!) Q3 & Q4 would have led to a massive run. Definitely realized I’m terrible w/ short term. I like your strategy. Good luck!!!!

I hear similar comments about Elon, but the people I speak with don't care enough to not get a Tesla - He's just some rich jackass in America doing American rich jackass things - We all know those loud, uncouth Americans go on about this stuff all the time with their guns and hamburgers.

I'm going out later to shoot some hamburgers. Anyone want to come along? 😏

Back in the days I saw my IRA portfolio value that consisted of mostly call options go from $1.5M to $22K but eventually recover to $5M as of the beginning of this year by aggressively buying back LEAPS.

Sadly, today I sold in premarket too, sold all 10K shares in this portfolio to end up with $1.17M.

Would I want to recoup my lost shares? Of course! Will I buy LEAPS again? Probably not… I do not want the stress that comes with owning options and expiration dates.

Plus, I cannot afford to lose more in this account because I’m already retired.
Sorry. Feel your pain. And relief. Having closed a bunch of options and leverage yesterday, had my best night of sleep in a long time - even after taking a huge loss.

A few observations:
Macro economy down and interest up -> hard to sell new cars
Accelerating EV transition -> even harder to sell ICE cars -> double whammy
If EV transition makes up for some of the overall collapsing car sales, Tesla demand should be just fine.
If recession drags on and ICE makers collapse, labor and raw material prices will eventually decline -> Tesla margins will increase.

These are some of my reasons for confidence in the stock.

What is coming for 2023?

Not the stuff we know - Cybertruck, more Giga factories, IRA kicks in, etc..

That's not what I mean, for years Tesla has been doing the opposite of sandbagging; announcing cars with long wait times, talking about what they are going to do and then doing it... albeit later than expected.

I see 2023 as the year that Tesla starts sucker punching Wallstreet.

We have been given some breadcrumbs, but unlike Hansel and Gretel have not allowed ourselves to follow them.

Tesla CN legal (their president) stepped down yesterday, has been in the USA for a while now helping at Freemont, Sparks, Reno, Austin..
That's probably nothing... right?

Both Elon and Franz have talked about the best thing they are working on (hint, it's not the CT) but they can't reveal yet...
That's probably nothing too, right?

Tesla Energy is making it's own Giga Energy factory concept in Lathrop - which was built and scaled in months (not years) and is cranking out utility scale Mega Packs with good and going to great margins...
They will probably not build anymore of those right?

Tesla insurance sure seems to be in quite a few states now... and expanding to more and creating a complete eco system for recurring revenue.
But hey, no one really like recurring revenue, right?

What else is there, that I don't know about? I bet there is more and it seems that Tesla is just going to do it, let it hit the 10k and 10Q's and keep it moving.

The only other thing is, and I have literally no idea why it bothers me, Burnt Hair - by Singed...
Coming Q1 of 2023
You have perfectly summarized my thoughts. It will be mindblowing. Sit tight and HODL