Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am checking my Schwab account and I bought 45 qty for $140.93 on 1/23/23. I made my decision to drop about $6000 on TSLA because I kept checking the stock was kind of being at $120 for a while then it suddenly went up. Then I thought since the stock has been going down for a while, it was going to be one of those things like back in 2020 where the stock kept going up and up.

And as of around 11:50am 1/27/23, it is 179.56. So to make a quick estimate of my profit, I just do (179.56 / 140.93) * $6000 = $7644.

So I really made $1600 in like a few days? I made about 27% profit as of now. But I haven't sold it. I did sort of tried timing the market or using data to guess that Tesla stock may start soaring now like it did back in when the March 2020 Pandemic happened. Like it was low in March, then kept getting hiigher.

Is 27 percent increase in a few days alot for the stock market? Usually at the arcade I can expect to double my money, but the stock market it's harder to double your money fast, it takes a longer time.

Oh heck, lets just get to $200 and make some butt-hurt bears.
Too Late!

1674850000862.png

I think the short covering started in AH trading the day of the earnings call. There was some huge AH activity on that evening as the big institutions were harvesting before they had to fight retail.

I’m not a TA guy, but I can read maps pretty well. I think we’re in the green square.

View attachment 900401

Edit: Just realized that within a 1 year period I bought within 5% of “Point of Maximum Financial Risk” and within 5% of “Point of Maximum Financial Opportunity”
That "anger" phase was rather visible just a few weeks ago. But low period very short, if this holds.

Some Twitter users have access to threads from our favorite TeslaQ buddies. I won’t link to it because of profanity, but let's just say there is no joy.

From our VERY favorite, and I quote "These $TSLA price cuts have (in my opinion) completely de-risked the fundamental bear case. I actually just added significantly to our short position @ 116.99 … as I think this confirms another 90% downside for the stock".

😬

The people that short TSLA are the same people who think it is extraordinarily clever to say EVs are powered by coal

The people that short TSLA are the same people who think it is extraordinarily clever to say EVs are powered by coal
We know for a fact that the same people who shorted Tsla also found Trevor Milton as the legit CEO of our times. It's really amazing how bad their analytical skills are. I wonder if these people has a high propensity of losing money to Nigerian princes while updating their world of warcraft account...a game they don't even own.